Author Topic: Tigers vs Collingwood @ Princes Park, Friday 4pm [merged]  (Read 24066 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

TigerTimeII

Re: Tigers vs Collingwood @ Princes Park, Friday 4pm [merged]
« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2010, 08:48:06 AM »
was at the game yesterday, sure we got beaten but with th eteam we had out their i wasnt that unhappy
polak rance white sanchez collins gus wont make it
roberts and taylor could be anything, they have x factor and could become freaks
happy with nason and farmer is very impressive

anyway i reckon th eumpires and the scoreboard flattered the pies but that my opinion

what i found funny after the game, is listening to sen on my way home, the tossbag journo covering the game was asked by dernie
how dustin martin went lol.... he replied that dustin martin had a game he would rather forget lol that he hardly touched the pill.  well he had zero stats u moron , as we know he never played, my niece was having photos with him 2 minutes b4 the first bounce with hislop riewoldt and connors.  fricken morons , sen that is

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #242 on: March 06, 2010, 09:07:53 AM »
yeah that hoovenvast sounded like a bloody knob, wouldnt suprise to learn if he was a collingwood supporter...has been little mention they had prob 6 of their top 10 players out there...we would have had NONE :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2010, 12:23:33 PM »

Interesting post, either your Jordy or Matthew mum ::)

Neither.

But at least I stayed at school long enough to learn English properly.

I am not surprised that football is just another thing that you know nothing about.

The way they all attack you.... are you from WA???? :lol :rollin :thumbsup ;D :D ;) :)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

jackstar is back again

« Reply #244 on: March 06, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »
WA- always 2 hours behind.
 ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #245 on: March 06, 2010, 12:32:01 PM »
WA- always 2 hours behind.
 ;)

I know we are hopeless over here... :thumbsup, gotto get ready soon and head to Perth (the land that time forgot), to see AC/DC.... yeha!! Lets just hope they get there on time and not 2 hours late.. :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

TigerTimeII

« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »
yeah that hoovenvast sounded like a bloody knob, wouldnt suprise to learn if he was a collingwood supporter...has been little mention they had prob 6 of their top 10 players out there...we would have had NONE :o

what a joke they are, he first was asked bt dermie, how did martin go, and he replies that he had a game he would rather forget , hardly touched the ball lol :banghead :banghead :banghead

then he mentions the pies have 4 pr 5 players out but never said we had cuz, cotch, deledio, tambling, martin, foley, nahas, riewoldt, newman, connors(who has been playing well) etc all out . stuffing idiots

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2010, 02:42:01 PM »
The idiot was actually a Collingwood official wasn't he? Gave a token Jackson, Morton or so were the best for the Tigers and the rest of the interview was all about the Pies and how great they were :chuck

I still reckon even though he wasn't playing Martin got as many touches as Travis Cloke did who was  :lol.

On the game I'd still give Collo time although he hasn't set the world on fire this preseason. The rest I agree with X.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »
Was at yesterday's game, my observations:
Webberley would want to lift, couldnt hit the side of a barn and the pressure of the game got to him.
Mcmahon & Tuck go the ball but if they play regularly were stuffed.
White is terrible, his own worst enemy. KICK IT LONG SON !!!!!!! Turned the bal over with his 1st 4 possessions and didnt get much better after that.
Rance has Richmonditis.  Suffering in confidence and its sad because I thought he was going to be our FB for the next 10 years.  You could tell the coaching staff didnt want him anywhere near the backline.
Polak should be left on the rookie list, didnt get a touch as far as I could see.  Looked slow and judgement just not there !!

On the flip side:
Contin was good.
Roberts is all class and can really use the ball. Didnt get much of it yesterday but what he did, he did well.
Interesting that Gourdis didnt play but was with the other boys.  May well be elevated ??
I would rookie he and Roberts.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2010, 03:21:33 PM »
was at the game yesterday, sure we got beaten but with th eteam we had out their i wasnt that unhappy
polak rance white sanchez collins gus wont make it
roberts and taylor could be anything, they have x factor and could become freaks
happy with nason and farmer is very impressive

anyway i reckon th eumpires and the scoreboard flattered the pies but that my opinion

what i found funny after the game, is listening to sen on my way home, the tossbag journo covering the game was asked by dernie
how dustin martin went lol.... he replied that dustin martin had a game he would rather forget lol that he hardly touched the pill.  well he had zero stats u moron , as we know he never played, my niece was having photos with him 2 minutes b4 the first bounce with hislop riewoldt and connors.  fricken morons , sen that is

you attended the game and you concluded

Nason - "very impressive"
Collins - "wont make it"

???  ???

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2010, 03:41:32 PM »
50. Relton
always looked like kicking the goal in the last 1/4. was Richo-like from 55/60 meters out. should play on a forward flank R1. good draft pick.

48 Grimes
good size about him. nice long term key defender option FB/CHB. I wanted Bradshaw but understand why we went for this kid. Hope plays well for Coburg this year.

45 Hicks / 47 Nason
both had shocking misses running into goal from 20 meters out at full speed. Nason in 4th q, Hicks in 1st.
Hicks is very, very fast.

44 Taylor
was playing on a forward flank and presented strongly. Looks like a footballer and quite tall which is great. his pick up was the best part of the game by a mile.

43 Dea
looks like a very strong young man. big body on him

37 Post
too much class for Cloke IMO. was on top of him. also got to other contests and punched well. good footballer.

35 White
did some good things, get a fair bit of the ball, much of it in the middle rather than backline. Sadly does bit bit of bad things also. foot soilder / plodder.

34 Browne / 25 Graham
Graham has a body like superman. Shame he is not much good.

29 Vickery
Looked like a real key forward target, dispite his team hardly getting the ball into the forward line. Massive upgrade to Polak / Rance as a full forward.

24 Collins
I thought he played well. fluid, uses it well.

23 Jackson
I overheard Collingwood fans praising Jacko. He has his faults still but is a big unit and wins hard ball. Must be in best 22. Big strong body. As close to a battering ram as we have, did a good job as captian.

18 Rance
did not play well but i doubt he has played as a CHF much. I think people are being harsh on him. still only 20 y 4 month old. Not every key defender in the AFL was a superstar at this age.

16 McGuane / 2 Thursfield
few bad kicks out of the backline, some very good ones also for McGaune. I thought Thursfeild was very good. his abilty to punch from behind when the FF is leading is impressive. In our best side easy.

* Polak, McMahon not good enough

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2010, 01:41:39 AM »
From my standpoint on yesterdays game liked what I saw of Relton Roberts and Troy Taylor. Thought Nason did some nice things as did Mitch Farmer.

Did anyone see the haymaker Chris Dawes gave Farmer when Mitch was tackling him? Was gobsmacked the umpire didn't pull play up and give a free.

Biggest disappointment was Rance choosing to not kick first option and handballing as to not expose his kicking and putting the team in trouble by going backwards.

On a funny note the bronx cheers for King coming off the ground were standard as was the standard Jordy/ Gold Coast quotes. :rollin

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »
Notable Dreamteam scores from this game:

Contin - 106 points
Tuck - 111
McMahon - 95
Polo - 90
Webberley - 78
Polak - 2
Graham - 22
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »

Contin - 106 points
Tuck - 111
McMahon - 95
Polo - 90
Webberley - 78
Polak - 2
Graham - 22
Do they count kick-ins as a kick in Dreamteam? Jordie had 13 that went straight to Jolly/Fraser  :P.

Apparently Martin averaged 83 in his two preseason games which was the best average of the 2009 draftees.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2010, 09:04:54 AM »

Contin - 106 points
Tuck - 111
McMahon - 95
Polo - 90
Webberley - 78
Polak - 2
Graham - 22
Do they count kick-ins as a kick in Dreamteam? Jordie had 13 that went straight to Jolly/Fraser  :P.

Apparently Martin averaged 83 in his two preseason games which was the best average of the 2009 draftees.

I just joined the Champion Data mailing list, they sent through every score so far.

Contin and Tucks 100+ scores were the first of the pre-season.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do