Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Richmond Rant / Re: 2024 AFL draft
« Last post by Diocletian on Yesterday at 11:28:14 PM »
Not sure I want Smith if this assesment from the bloke that puts up those youtube highlights is right:

Size is an obvious one. He's 181cm which isnt tiny but he has a thin frame that probably wont put on a lot of muscle. This isnt always a killer... he could end up being the next Zak Butters given his elite movement.

The two other criticisms are defensive actions and disposal. I mentioned the disposal above... I dont think its a huge deal but worth keeping an eye on. He might struggle with a tag at the next level if he can't maintain disposal accuracy under pressure.

Defensively, a couple of issues. I dont think its a problem with running hard defensively as he runs hard all the time. He's always there to create a +1, and does this just as often in the D50 as anywhere else on the ground. Its more that his tackle counts are often quite low considering how active he is in general. He tends to "arm tackle" a lot, which gets broken easily given his lack of bulk/muscle. You look at Butters and he drives into tackles with his shoulder/chest. I think that should be the model for Jagga to follow. But in general he needs to use his big footy brain to anticipate when the opposition is about to break free with the ball and get there to apply pressure more often. I'm pretty confident he can correct this.

Hmm small skinny frame unlikely to get much bigger, supposedly a great mover but shyte disposal and a poor one armed tackler......if wasn't for the high work rate I'd say that was Dow....should fit right in.... :shh
Richmond Rant / Re: Samson Ryan [merged]
« Last post by Tiger Khosh on Yesterday at 10:51:29 PM »
Not his goal kicking. He’s done quite well in that regard especially considering he doesn’t look like a natural forward.

Issue for me has always been his contest work, specifically his marking. Around the ground work is just as if not more important for rucks these days and while I can’t imagine his ground game will get much better, he absolutely must at the very least improve his aerial game significantly.

Was much better in this regard on Saturday so hopefully it’s a sign of things to come.
Richmond Rant / Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Last post by Diocletian on Yesterday at 10:41:47 PM »
Pick 1 still in play #dare2dream :shh

I’d agree but we are up against it with lolnorf

Not just Norf but the AFL and their "charitable" tendencies that now have the extra incentive of screwing us over again...which is another one of their tendencies... :shh
Amateur Leagues...where we sent Soldo at first and that kid from PNG that was on the list for one season years ago..... :shh
« Last post by Hard Roar Tiger on Yesterday at 10:37:44 PM »

I’d agree but we are up against it with lolnorf
Richmond Rant / Re: Welcome to Richmond - Oliver Hayes-Brown (Category B Rookie)
« Last post by Andyy on Yesterday at 10:34:23 PM »
Looking at Play HQ, can't really see how he's going.  Checked a few games, not named in the best players.  Anyone know how he's going?

Apparently killed it the ammos the other week.....had something like 77 hit outs....so make of that what you will.... :shh

What's ammos?
« Last post by Diocletian on Yesterday at 10:32:28 PM »
Richmond Rant / Re: Samson Ryan [merged]
« Last post by Diocletian on Yesterday at 10:30:32 PM »
 :shh

Sam Darcy the outlier - 1.4 goals a game...but he hasn't rucked all that much yet, is a freak and will be a superstar... :shh :shh
Looking at Play HQ, can't really see how he's going.  Checked a few games, not named in the best players.  Anyone know how he's going?

Apparently killed it the ammos the other week.....had something like 77 hit outs....so make of that what you will.... :shh
Richmond Rant / Re: List changes 2025
« Last post by Diocletian on Yesterday at 10:21:11 PM »
Dunno what's funnier; delisting MRJ or still thinking Balta is a forward after bagging Sampson for not kicking enough goals...  :facepalm :joker
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10