Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902016 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5805 on: July 23, 2022, 01:29:35 AM »
It might be just me but I don’t believe all this hammy talk sounds like BS.

Does anyone know if he was at the game?

The earth isn’t flat mate

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5806 on: July 23, 2022, 01:57:47 AM »
Of course it’s an injury look around. Burge has stuffed us in the arse.

He probably went looking for a new home with dimma has been ripping into his performance all year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5807 on: July 23, 2022, 03:48:45 AM »
Tigers ‘confident’ Martin won’t seek trade, but star’s season in jeopardy

David Zita
Fox Sports
July 22nd, 2022 7:40 pm

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale is “confident” Dustin Martin will see out the remaining two years of his contract with the club, but the match-winner could miss the rest of the home-and-away season after an injury setback.

Martin was on Friday confirmed to have suffered a setback in his bid to return from a hamstring injury he suffered in round 16.

With his future in question at stages during the year - with suggestions he could seek a trade to Sydney - Gale said there was no pessimism about Martin’s future at the Tigers.

“At the end of the day he’s at an environment in which he thrives and has thrived and will continue to do so,” he told channel seven.

“He’s had a challenging year, we know why that is, we’ve been there to support him and we still think he’s got plenty of good years of football at Richmond Football Club.”

Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph provided more details on Martin’s setback to Fox Footy.

“I’ve spoken to the club’s fitness boss today, Peter Burge, he says Martin is 31 years of age and the victim of a really interrupted season. Richmond refuses to go into the circumstances of how many sessions he missed over summer, I believe it was significant though,” he said.

“Then of course we saw the personal time away and round 14 illness, which just interrupted his continuity. Peter Burge said today, ‘to be honest, his progression had been a lot slower than we anticipated’ at each step off that round 16 hammy.

“He said ‘even running at 40 to 50 per cent the indicators were there that he was not improving as much as we would’ve hoped.’

“On Wednesday he ran, he felt a grab in his hamstring, Burge said the club will have to strip it back, get him into the gym for three or four weeks. The round 23 scenario is probably the best case.”

Regarding Martin’s future, Ralph added: “He (Gale) said ‘he is contracted for two years, I am confident he will continue to thrive at the Richmond Football Club.’”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2022-dustin-martin-trade-salary-injury-details-latest-richmond-tigers-move-to-sydney/news-story/b74f847f13d2720652c681faacf44b05

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5808 on: July 23, 2022, 01:48:32 PM »
Full credit Benny, we've needed some communication from the club, glad this happened finally.

Emotions aside, Dusty coming off a pretty serious kidney injury, no pre season, the loss of his father and the grief that comes with it, a hamstring injury. It certainly has been a hugely challenging year. Not surprising we haven't seen the best of himself this year. Might need a big pre season to return to his best self.
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5809 on: July 23, 2022, 03:11:23 PM »
Agree, In the early days when Dusty didn’t put the wok in or couldn’t he struggled to run out games
He needs a good per season to get back to his best
I can’t see him leaving as the people he is closest to are at Richmond

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5810 on: July 23, 2022, 03:21:03 PM »

Um, thanks for the info but that isn’t an answer to the question I actually asked.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5811 on: July 23, 2022, 06:44:21 PM »

Um, thanks for the info but that isn’t an answer to the question I actually asked.

He would have been. Injured players would have been at the game. Guys playing VFL today would not.

That's how it usually works.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5812 on: July 24, 2022, 12:43:35 PM »

He would have been. Injured players would have been at the game. Guys playing VFL today would not.

That's how it usually works.
Sounds great WP, but it’s Dusty and he plays by a different tune to most other players.

I’m not asking about if he should of been at the game, does anyone know for certain he was actually at the game?

I’m asking because I want to actually know.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5813 on: July 24, 2022, 02:20:26 PM »
In the past Dusty has been the difference when games were close and he usually found a way to get us over the line. No one else has been able to do it .
He obviously struggles with lime light so I would suggest that he not not be visible ( sitting in the crowd) if he attended the game. He may have been in the rooms after the game if he was there.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5814 on: July 25, 2022, 04:03:05 AM »
Keep in mind that the flat earth brigade aren’t convinced about Dusty’s hammy

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5815 on: July 25, 2022, 09:52:39 AM »
Sounds great WP, but it’s Dusty and he plays by a different tune to most other players.

I’m not asking about if he should of been at the game, does anyone know for certain he was actually at the game?

I’m asking because I want to actually know.

Sorry but why would you say "he plays by a different rule to most other players"? Because he doesn't do media? What else exactly?

When it comes to team, Dusty is one of the most team first people we have but somehow you are suggesting otherwise

And why do you "actually want to know" whether he was at the game? You seem to be looking (wanting) for there to be some huge conspiracy around it

He has a hamstring, due to a lack of pre-season and missing 6 weeks of footy to grieve he tweaked it again. Not sure why you seem to think and want it to be more than that
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 12:54:29 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5816 on: July 25, 2022, 07:56:55 PM »
It’s a question noone else seems to give two hoots about so we should probably just move on….
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5817 on: July 26, 2022, 11:50:53 AM »
Giants superstar Toby Greene says he would “love to play” with Dustin Martin and that his club would be “silly not to talk to him” if the triple Norm Smith Medallist wanted a fresh start.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/greater-western-sydney-giants/afl-news-2022-dustin-martin-trade-updates-contract-toby-greene-would-love-to-play-with-star-at-gws-giants-tim-taranto-jacob-hopper/news-story/f5a54b94b76e5093c1c77cdb7cf97e9f

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5818 on: July 26, 2022, 01:10:48 PM »
Toby can play with dusty by coming to tigers  :shh

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5819 on: July 26, 2022, 03:23:23 PM »
Toby can play with dusty by coming to tigers  :shh