Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 901962 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #6585 on: April 11, 2024, 11:18:47 AM »
Also hasnt helped that he gets pinged for holding the ball as soon as an opposition player lays a fingertip on him whilst other players can be swung 720 degrees and get PLAY ON

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6586 on: April 12, 2024, 06:37:13 PM »
Rumours of a mid-season retirement for Dustin Martin circled over the past two weeks, but have been quashed.

Yze certainly wasn't buying into them, especially after an impressive showing against St Kilda.

"We don't deal with rumours and things like that," he said.

"For us our responsibility is to make sure Dusty's happy, and I've said that from day one.

"We want an environment that can allow him to enjoy his footy, enjoy coming into the club every day and hopefully prolong his career.

"So those sorts of things are external, we don't really worry about, but he came in and played like Dusty (against St Kilda), and that was the main thing.

"We wanted to give him a week off. He was battling with a little calf injury and trying to get through based on the fact that he's a terrific leader of our footy club and wanted to help us get back on track.

"But the best thing for him was having a week off, and we saw the results of that on the weekend, which is nice."

Source: AFL website

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #6587 on: April 13, 2024, 12:55:30 PM »
Rumours of a mid-season retirement for Dustin Martin circled over the past two weeks, but have been quashed.

Yze certainly wasn't buying into them, especially after an impressive showing against St Kilda.

"For us our responsibility is to make sure Dusty's happy, and I've said that from day one.

"We want an environment that can allow him to enjoy his footy, enjoy coming into the club every day and hopefully prolong his career.

"So those sorts of things are external, we don't really worry about, but he came in and played like Dusty (against St Kilda), and that was the main thing.

"We wanted to give him a week off. He was battling with a little calf injury and trying to get through based on the fact that he's a terrific leader of our footy club and wanted to help us get back on track.

"But the best thing for him was having a week off, and we saw the results of that on the weekend, which is nice."

What does this mean?
Special vitamins and supplements? no early morning training sessions? bum wipers when he takes a poo?
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6588 on: April 13, 2024, 09:04:05 PM »

What does this mean?
Special vitamins and supplements? no early morning training sessions? bum wipers when he takes a poo?

That you need to ask is a concern.

Pretty simple I would have thought. The RFC is Dusty's workplace. Granted footy clubs aren't normal workplaces but end of the day that's what they are. They want to make his work place a place he wants to be at, enjoys going to and being part of...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #6589 on: April 13, 2024, 09:31:18 PM »

What does this mean?
Thumbs down on that comment

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6590 on: April 14, 2024, 03:09:26 PM »

What does this mean?
Thumbs down on that comment
Yep major thumbs down.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6591 on: April 14, 2024, 05:25:04 PM »
Runs on the spot these days. List so much of his explosiveness

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #6592 on: April 14, 2024, 05:34:38 PM »
Dusty is only a quarter of the player he once was. It seems not even the best quality toilet wipes can give a legend enough impetus to revive his genius.

Sad to see him just giving up and totally disinterested.

I think maybe he should have called it a day if he didn't have it in him but he certainly deserves to make the call himself after his stellar service.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Wazza

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #6593 on: April 14, 2024, 05:36:16 PM »
At the game ATM. Definately a patch there in the 2nd when he didn't look like wanting to put in and chase down. I know never been defensive, but he is the most senior player there. He needs to keep it up.
Love him to death still though.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6594 on: April 14, 2024, 06:44:27 PM »
I think the reports he wants to retire are probably true, but Carr has told him to get to 300 and cash in.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6595 on: April 14, 2024, 06:46:15 PM »
I think the reports he wants to retire are probably true, but Carr has told him to get to 300 and cash in.

Yep. He has lost the care and desire knowing the end is near.

Hope he plays his 300th in Melbourne.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6596 on: April 14, 2024, 06:46:26 PM »
Whether he’s a natural leader or not it’s his duty to lead these young players and someone with his lack of defensive accountability makes it hard. Get to 300 and call it champ

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6597 on: April 14, 2024, 06:51:15 PM »
Cruising into retirement..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6598 on: April 14, 2024, 08:34:30 PM »
Dusty is now officially RUSTY

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6599 on: April 14, 2024, 08:40:11 PM »
has nothing to prove, but to be honest he was finished a few years ago.

Played some great games last year but there has always been a massive gap between his worst since his injury and dad passing.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.