Author Topic: Sack Yze  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Yze
« Reply #120 on: Yesterday at 07:42:09 AM »
Clarko is as much about getting membership because of what has has so called achieved. The coaching bit is a bonus.
Yze has to prove he can coach, it is unlikely he can absorb this type of heat beyond year 2 - no matter the injury count.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 03:59:04 PM »
They are ex premiership players who have turned into SPUDS,  excluding Vlaustin

As I said last night  yeah most of them are cooked but it doesn't excuse the non-effort and dumb crap barely befitting of a first year rookie pick and blokes like  Bolton & Balta should be at or nearing their peaks....Kmac fe might be a spud but he's a 6'4 solidly built 10 year veteran who can't even stick a tackle, halve a contest and just kicks to nobody even under no pressure....  :shh
Spot on

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #122 on: Yesterday at 04:29:46 PM »
The thing about our premiership players is that they WERE premiership players 4 - 7 years ago.

Their time has been and gone.  It does nothing to blame them or call them out.

Look to the selectors who keep picking them.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #123 on: Yesterday at 05:58:15 PM »
I had a squiz at Telstra tracker stats to see if I can extrapolate whether it’s players failing to execute or poor coaching

So facts are too 4 players to cover distance are tigers: HRS, KMac, Steely, Broad in that order. For running at high speed, tigers take 4 out of top 5 spots as well. Dan Rioli leads the sprint efforts, then HRS, Cumberland, then broad to make the top 5 in that metric. This is where it gets interesting , for average speed in attack, tigers claim all 5 spots. But avg speed in defence it’s lions taking top 4 spots

Make of that as you will but to me it tells me either our players aren’t working hard enough defensively or because they’re running unnecessary km to stupid spots on the ground (where the ball ain’t) or coached to run forward of the ball too prolifically, they’re spent and can’t run back on the transition.

As the saying goes, forwards get memberships but defence wins premierships. The midfield cohesion with our backline is absolutely out of sorts and we’re getting carved up as a consequence

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #124 on: Yesterday at 07:08:00 PM »
I had a squiz at Telstra tracker stats to see if I can extrapolate whether it’s players failing to execute or poor coaching

So facts are too 4 players to cover distance are tigers: HRS, KMac, Steely, Broad in that order. For running at high speed, tigers take 4 out of top 5 spots as well. Dan Rioli leads the sprint efforts, then HRS, Cumberland, then broad to make the top 5 in that metric. This is where it gets interesting , for average speed in attack, tigers claim all 5 spots. But avg speed in defence it’s lions taking top 4 spots

Make of that as you will but to me it tells me either our players aren’t working hard enough defensively or because they’re running unnecessary km to stupid spots on the ground (where the ball ain’t) or coached to run forward of the ball too prolifically, they’re spent and can’t run back on the transition.

As the saying goes, forwards get memberships but defence wins premierships. The midfield cohesion with our backline is absolutely out of sorts and we’re getting carved up as a consequence
Nice work👌

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: Yesterday at 08:48:53 PM »
Yze does not have the cattle to implement the game plan he wants. He has to adjust his game plan to fact that we can't just dump it long and expect someone to mark it. In the short term he is being punished for the fact that we have had so few top ten picks since 2016. We lack proven ball winners. This side heavily depends on Taranto. Hopefully McAuliffe
will develop into the mid we need but we need more. We have lost enormous leaders at the club and with the exception of Nank. Rioli and Vlastuin the other senior players have let us down. Short and kmac  should have been doing everything possible to help the defence against Brisbane.  Neither did. Finally the side needs to concentrate on the basics like
tackling. Pickett"s tackle on rayner is how you tackle.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: Today at 12:51:06 PM »
Cooked or not, effort, desire, and leadership don't need you to be a star to apply the above.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #127 on: Today at 01:44:49 PM »
Also maybe at least start manning up when you're 12+ goals down late in the third....does it ever occur to Coach Cuddles that if the opposition's approaching 100 uncontested marks that maybe, just maybe, the zones aren't working and it's not the space in between that needs to be guarded?  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.