Author Topic: The Road to Mediocrity has begun Again  (Read 6567 times)

Ramps

The Road to Mediocrity has begun Again
« on: April 01, 2007, 07:52:55 PM »
An absolute Disgrace. Losing to Carlton lol. And the truth is they deserved to beat us. They played better. And I got even worse news, theyre younger players are better than ours. We will be bottom 4 this year. Another year of mediocrity is upon us...and we have no one to blame but ourselves. As Diggler would say- Its time to book the caravan parks for September.

Moi

Re: The Road to Mediocrity has begun Again
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 07:59:44 PM »
Blues had more run in their legs because they've had a better pre-season to get off to a good start.
Doesn't mean they're going to be there at the end of the year and doesn't mean we won't be.

But I do have a question about why we didn't put more run in our guys legs.  Up at Wonthaggi, half the team were sitting in the stands.  Why didn't they at least give these guys a quarter or half of footy.  We have not prepared well for the opening games - hopefully, we'll get better as we did last year.

Not over yet, Ramps, but it was really ordinary to give away a 27 point lead like that.  Full credit to Carlton for the way they played.  They wanted it more, they played better and some of our older players really need to have a good, hard look at themselves.  Not pointing out anyone because they'll be highlighted ad nauseam by others, but really disappointing.

And of course their kids are better than ours - they've been pillaging the draft for the last couple of years.  Wallace stated you don't have to bottom out to go up the ladder.  It's probably the only thing I question Wallace's ability to build a list like Carlton is doing now.  What a crappy competition that you have to wish you'd finish bottom  :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »
I feel no sense of hope with the list of players we have as it stands, Nick Stevens today showed every midfielder in the competition what you must do when your sides under the pump. I cant be stuffed going into big analysis we overrate our list, we are bottom 4 and if we are lucky we will finish bottom with less than 3 wins.

Moi

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »
I feel no sense of hope with the list of players we have as it stands, Nick Stevens today showed every midfielder in the competition what you must do when your sides under the pump. I cant be stuffed going into big analysis we overrate our list, we are bottom 4 and if we are lucky we will finish bottom with less than 3 wins.
I think that's what Terry was telling us - in other words, be prepared for more disappointment to come.
And he's right, and you're right, we have a very ordinary list of seniors and no depth in between them and the kids. 

Wallace is not responsible for our list.  He is trying to fix it, and also make the club competitive - unfortunately, because we do, we finish 9th or 10th, which leaves us too high to get any of the kids coming through.

Now I know for a fact that Richmond ppl want to win games and not chuck games to try and finish as low down as possible.  Well, they're going to have to keep on accepting these mediocre performances for a long time yet, because that's how the system works these days.

Again, not Wallace's fault.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:28:53 PM »
Blues had more run in their legs because they've had a better pre-season to get off to a good start.
Doesn't mean they're going to be there at the end of the year and doesn't mean we won't be.

But I do have a question about why we didn't put more run in our guys legs.  Up at Wonthaggi, half the team were sitting in the stands.  Why didn't they at least give these guys a quarter or half of footy.  We have not prepared well for the opening games - hopefully, we'll get better as we did last year.

Not over yet, Ramps, but it was really ordinary to give away a 27 point lead like that.  Full credit to Carlton for the way they played.  They wanted it more, they played better and some of our older players really need to have a good, hard look at themselves.  Not pointing out anyone because they'll be highlighted ad nauseam by others, but really disappointing.

And of course their kids are better than ours - they've been pillaging the draft for the last couple of years.  Wallace stated you don't have to bottom out to go up the ladder.  It's probably the only thing I question Wallace's ability to build a list like Carlton is doing now.  What a crappy competition that you have to wish you'd finish bottom  :banghead
i have to agree with both your comments
geez i think the writing was on the wall when sugar kicked the pill the wrong way in the opening seconds of the game
it does my head in when we play like we did in the 2nd quarter and then like clowns the rest of the game...

Ox

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:43:29 PM »
Kane Johnson is the biggest stuffen joke @ the club.

What a stuffen dildo !

Ramps

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 08:47:58 PM »
If you win 3 games or less do you get a 1st round priority pick?

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 08:55:06 PM »
no I think they scrubbed that one Ramps.

Interesting to see that the AFL has Gaspar in their best players on their website, whoever wrote that obviously thinks that fumbling one metre handballs from your team mates doesn't detract from your game.
Let me point something out to the person who is picking the best players for the AFL- you need to be able to catch the ball in less than 3 tries to be an effective player of football, this applies to the AFL as much as it does in a Division 3 game in metropolitan Melbourne.

Gaspar stunk!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 08:59:56 PM »
What's with all the pessimism  ???

We gotta get behind our Tiges, coz who else will.

Come on, let's all get fired up like X  :thumbsup

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 09:03:36 PM »
What's with all the pessimism  ???

We gotta get behind our Tiges, coz who else will.

Come on, let's all get fired up like X  :thumbsup

I'd like to Bluey, it's just hard after what I just watched! Why can't the best 18, of the mighty Richmond Football Club, include a few blokes who can take the ball first grab. It's not that hard, my mum would've clean caught some of the handballs that Gaspar fumbled today.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Bulluss

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 09:08:41 PM »
Some things never change, RFC is a Rabble and will be for some time to come.

Positive is that we only have to wait another 4 years for our window to open.

Same things happen every year, glimpses of promise and then the same mistakes and they are made by the same players.

Jackstar

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 09:12:53 PM »

Correct.
Just got home.
Cant be bothered.
At the end of the day, our players arent up to it, full stop.
If anyone beleives we have a good or fair list, I will ring the AFL drug testing team up to come at test you as you are on drugs!
Will finish bottom 4

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »
That's the spirit!  ::) ::) ::)
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Jackstar

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 09:29:24 PM »
That's the spirit!  ::) ::) ::)

Steph, just stating the facts.
We are not goood enough.

Ramps

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 09:34:18 PM »
By R11 the season will have been completely trashed. Just saw the draw- Its gonna  get really bad.