Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong @ MCG - Round 5, 2015  (Read 8211 times)

tony_montana

Re: Richmond vs Geelong @ MCG - Round 5, 2015
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2015, 06:03:33 PM »
That's exactly what I said earlier this thread at the time of occurrence. That play in a nutshell summed up what the coaching philosophy has done. He's coached a natural goalkickers hunger for goals out to instead share them around for the betterment of the team, well in big games big players carry their side over the line, jack was 15 out needed a quick snap to get us within 7 points, instead he stuffing tries to handball over the top, misses game over.

That is player ruination

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »
That's exactly what I said earlier this thread at the time of occurrence. That play in a nutshell summed up what the coaching philosophy has done. He's coached a natural goalkickers hunger for goals out to instead share them around for the betterment of the team, well in big games big players carry their side over the line, jack was 15 out needed a quick snap to get us within 7 points, instead he stuffing tries to handball over the top, misses game over.

That is player ruination

A realy smart player would have handballed underneath to his team mate :snidegrin

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2015, 06:20:42 PM »
WP I think Jack has become a share the love fullforward he needs to become  more selfish

Absolutely

And also going to go against the trend here but I thought our tackling in the 1st half was some of the best I'd seen since probably 2012/13.

Dropped off considerably in the 2nd half but what it shows is if the mindset is right they can actually be aggressive when they tackle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »
Unfortunately this clubs mindset is so shallow and their application to the job at hand feeble

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2015, 06:24:51 PM »
WP I think Jack has become a share the love fullforward he needs to become  more selfish

Absolutely

And also going to go against the trend here but I thought our tackling in the 1st half was some of the best I'd seen since probably 2012/13.

Dropped off considerably in the 2nd half but what it shows is if the mindset is right they can actually be aggressive when they tackle
but our ball movement was terrible. Players first instinct is to go sidewards towards the boundary which gives the opposition time to get back and have good structures.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2015, 06:29:17 PM »
but our ball movement was terrible. Players first instinct is to go sidewards towards the boundary which gives the opposition time to get back and have good structures.

Not disputing that but I wasn't talking about our ball movement. I was only talking about our tackling in the first half. For something that has been practically non existent for the 1st four rounds it was a small positive in an otherwise terrible day.

Raise the obvious question thought why can't they do it for a full game, week after week after week
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2015, 06:38:31 PM »

Not disputing that but I wasn't talking about our ball movement. I was only talking about our tackling in the first half. For something that has been practically non existent for the 1st four rounds it was a small positive in an otherwise terrible day.

Raise the obvious question thought why can't they do it for a full game, week after week after week
Yeah I know. The real problem with the RFC is that the players are happy to go at 95% and collect their pay check week in week out.  This has been going on for 33 years. Until someone can come in and get players who have pride in their performance and do the little sacrificial things like shepherd, block protect their team mate and run hard both ways for 4 quarters week in week out, then we will always be posting criticisms on this site. It happened briefly in the Northey era but that's just about it.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2015, 07:00:18 PM »
I thought Cotch was good today, showed a bit of mongrel.
Stevie J and Selwood are the 2 biggest free kick posers inthe AFL, the free kick agaunsr Batch was a dusgace as was the one against Rance/Hawkins (THE perfect contest/spoil)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2015, 07:04:05 PM »
Just not good enough. 2 and 3 and we should really be 4 and 1 if you believe the hype.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #219 on: May 02, 2015, 07:17:26 PM »
Not good enough.
Players.
Coach.
Footy Smarts.
List Depth.
As a club.

Like last year and so on.

Failure.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2015, 07:19:41 PM »
Groundhog day. Virtually a repeat of last year's Geelong game. The cynical will say we only lifted in the last when the game was gone and there was no expectation on us getting back in the game.

What would the deluded say ?

we only lifted in the last when the game was gone and there was no expectation on us getting back in the game

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2015, 07:25:59 PM »
In a word, frustrating.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2015, 07:31:31 PM »
I thought Cotch was good today, showed a bit of mongrel.
Stevie J and Selwood are the 2 biggest free kick posers inthe AFL, the free kick agaunsr Batch was a dusgace as was the one against Rance/Hawkins (THE perfect contest/spoil)

I agree with this :cheers Selwood 7 free kicks for is a bloody disgrace....all because he ducks! Play on should be the umpires call.....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2015, 03:57:09 AM »
MCG alarm caused chaos during Tigers-Cats clash

A FOOTBALL hitting an internal sprinkler was the cause of the MCG's emergency warning system being activated at Saturday's clash between Richmond and Geelong.

As the teams took their places for the start of the third quarter, an alarm went off around the ground that was accompanied by a voiceover that told those in attendance to evacuate.

Most of the crowd appeared confused by the alarm and directive, and there wasn't a mad rush to leave the ground.

Play started on time as the sound ceased, and an announcement was made to inform patrons it was a false alarm.

The MCC later explained it was an incident within the Ponsford Stand that activated the system.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-02/mcg-alarm-caused-chaos-during-tigerscats

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2015, 10:26:39 AM »
Enjoyed a $4 pie at the footy yesterday, now for the price of beer  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.