Author Topic: Johnson needs a long holiday!  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Johnson needs a long holiday!
« on: August 22, 2005, 01:54:07 AM »
He has looked pretty fatigued for the last few weeks and today he was killed at times in the centre by Joel Smith, he just ran away from him w/out much pressure from Johnson at all.

He needs a good and long vacation to recharge the batteries!  :thumbsup

(I'll stop post whoring now i promise!  ;))

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Johnson needs a long holiday!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 04:04:26 AM »
Sugar was excellent last week but yeah I didn't notice him until his kicked a goal in the last quarter. Both he and Cogs were very quiet by their standards. There's too much workload left to Tuck, Cogs and Johnson in the midfield which is something the latter two don't need (Tuck is a freak for his first full AFL season).

Browny's absence has hurt us with our midfield rotations as much as it has up forward. Fortunately others (and they were mostly our younger guys too) stepped up today in both areas and we were the ones who ran out the game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 07:11:30 AM »
Sugar was excellent last week

u think so!

i think he was quite pathetic, and this week had an ok last quarter but he was no where. cogs should be traded, he just does not have it any more, his kicks float dont penetrate and he is slow.

i agree , sugar should go on holiday and think hard about giving up his captaincy, this yr has proved one thing,
 he is not captaincy material!
joel bowden should have been our captain, and if shane tuck in 2006 has a yr like this yr give him the top job! he has all the attributes of a leader, no nonsense hard at it player and gives it all every week!  tuck has an impact! he was bog again 4 us and showed cogs and sugar hows it done! our midfield got smashed when foley was taken out of the mix, shows alot about cogs and sugars character, and i wont take injuries as an excuse!

i heard wirrapunda wants to come back to vic, trade cogs for him and draft pick. that would enable us to hard a hard running defender to set up plays and allow hartigan and or newman to join the midfeild and remember rodan will be back!

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 11:35:47 AM »
To all you Johnson knockers sit back and watch that last quarter again.

You have obviously been watching a different game as Johnson's effort and even his 1%ers when it mattered most in that last quarter helped our mob get over the line.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 12:22:18 PM »
X, if you post just to get a reaction from people then don’t let me stop you, but when you start questioning people’s characters you’re going a bit too far, don’t you think?  Seriously, get a grip.  You’re not doing yourself any favours.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:43:47 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »
I know I could do with a holiday  :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 12:44:09 PM »
I know I could do with a holiday  :rollin

Come up and see me at beautiful Coffs Harbour

Moi

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 02:02:48 PM »
I think you'd find all players need a break - they'd all be carrying some injury or another at this time of the year.
Add Cogs to that list i reckon.  Never seen a more downcast boy at the after match - not that he smiles much anyway.  But i think he needs a break.  Thought Johnno was quiet yesterday as he has been the last month or so.  But agree with MT, the week before he looked a little bit more back to form.

Would it be nasty of me to say that i have a week off this week?   ;D

Bulluss

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 03:20:01 PM »
Would it be nasty of me to say that i have a week off this week?   

I have heard that you dont do much at the best of times anyway :P

Moi

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 03:26:26 PM »
I have heard that you dont do much at the best of times anyway

Well, i never  :(
Well, i have actually lol  :rollin

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 04:52:53 PM »
To all you Johnson knockers sit back and watch that last quarter again.

You have obviously been watching a different game as Johnson's effort and even his 1%ers when it mattered most in that last quarter helped our mob get over the line.

Okay, I've watched the last quarter and compared it to the the first three quarters and the last 21 rounds of the season. I'm not quite as right wing as X, but I do believe that Sugar has had a very ordinary year. He's looked slow and ineffective for most of the season. Captains should not be performing cameo roles, they should be leading by example in as many games as possible and this is where I believe Kane has failed this season. Now before someone starts throwing up his posession stats take a look at his effective disposals first. If anyone has access to this sort of info I would love to see it. And I will stand corrected if they are in his favour but from every game I have watched him play this season he has been quite poor, both hand and foot, looked slow and his positional play has not been up to standard either. Maybe he's been playing injured, I don't know. All I can say is take a look at his crows premiership form and compare it to his time at tigerland and you may see a bit of a difference.

The big key is this....Have we missed him when he hasn't been on the field? The answer to this has to be no considering we won 3 of the four games he wasn't playing in and the one we lost was to a red hot saints outfit at the time. Have we missed Browny? Do we miss Richo or AK? The answer would invariably be yes.

No further questions your honor, the prosecution rests. (with an option for rebuttal)  ;D

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 08:29:13 PM »
fact 1  we play better when sugar isnt playing

fact 2, one average quarter isnt enough in a game from a a captain

fact 3, he has poor skills

fact 4, he has poor judgement most the time

fact 5, he is not a true captain

fact 6, we should never had got him

fact 7, he should stand down as captain , refer to facts 1-6

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 02:22:50 AM »
fact 1  we play better when sugar isnt playing

fact 2, one average quarter isnt enough in a game from a a captain

fact 5, he is not a true captain

We've won more games this year than the previous 3 years. Sugar's playing record in the first 9 rounds (when we had our best 22 on the park) was 5-1. So it's Sugar's and not Spud's nor Gieschen's fault that our list lacks depth.

fact 3, he has poor skills

fact 4, he has poor judgement most the time

Like tiga I wish I had Johnson's efficency stats. I'm not disputing his form in the second half of the year hasn't been up with that of previous years but it's hard to claim things as fact without the facts at hand.

Injury is an excuse if it inhibits you greatly. Just look at what happened to Richo's running ability midway through the year when his knee had to be drained before every game.

fact 6, we should never had got him

We could have got him for Holland. Don't blame Sugar for the club paying out $$$ on our defence :-\. Anyway that's ancient history and something we can't change now. 

fact 7, he should stand down as captain , refer to facts 1-6

And replaced by whom? This year you've said Bowden then switched to Richo and now it's Tuck. Who's it going to be next week?! lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 06:26:13 AM »
[
We've won more games this year than the previous 3 years. Sugar's playing record in the first 9 rounds (when we had our best 22 on the park) was 5-1. So it's Sugar's and not Spud's nor Gieschen's fault that our list lacks depth.

did u read what i said, i said we play better when he is not there, when we were 5 - 1, yes he was playing and he had no impact, we would have been 5-1 without him too!

now we must stop traeting this guy like some hero, i was at the game on sunday and i loved the fact hawk supporters see str8 through their captian and acknowledge he is shit1 but tiger faithful believe sugar is what he aint!

wayne campbell is a tiger legend and one of teh best captians and players we have ever had, but he constantly was reminded by many ppl and tigers he was a poo captain but he was fantastic!

i honestly believe sugar does not have what it takes to lead this club, and i believe we need a person in the mold of a tuck to lead us, he has an impact every game. give shane one more yr, if he kicks arse next yr, give him the captaincy in 2007

dont laugh mt, maybe ur sleeping with sugar, but joel richo wayne have all been better on and off field leaders than sugar this yr and shane tuck , it may sound funny to you, but his presence has influenced many games this yr, and sugar has done jack poo, so u remind him that when you kiss him goodnight tonight

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 10:04:14 AM »
dont laugh mt, maybe ur sleeping with sugar, but joel richo wayne have all been better on and off field leaders than sugar this yr

Joel? That joke of a footballer.....in 9 years have you seen anything that remotely looks like a footballer, let alone a leader?

Ill agree with you on one thing, he is not what we need as a Captain, BUT dont give me crap and say we shouldnt have got him. Unfortunately he is best used as a back-flanker, winger, but the fact remains our club is so stuffed on midfielders that we need to use him in the middle. Your only chopping him down because he is at the head of the tree. Why dont you start pulling on the branches around that make the tree look so poo in the first place?
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne