Author Topic: List Rebuild  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
List Rebuild
« on: July 01, 2021, 10:58:17 PM »
1.      Nick Vlastuin - Vice Captain.

2.      Dylan Grimes - Vice Captain

3.      Dion Prestia

4.      Dustin Martin - Captain.

5.      Jack Ross - Shop

6.      Patrick Naish - Delist

7.      Liam Baker

8.      Jack Riewoldt - One more year as already committed

9.      Trent Cotchin - Retire

10.    Shane Edwards - Vice Captain

11.    Jason Castagna - trade

12.    David Astbury - Retire

13.    Vacant

14.    Bachar Houli - Retire

15.    Jayden Short

16.    Jake Aarts

17.    Daniel Rioli - Shop

18.    Vacant

19.    Tom Lynch

20.    Ivan Soldo

21.    Noah Balta

22.    Josh Caddy - trade

23.    Kane Lambert

24.    Vacant

25.    Toby Nankervis

26.    Riley Collier-Dawkins

27.    Thomson Dow

28.    Vacant

29.    Shai Bolton

30.    Vacant

31.    Ryan Mansell

32.    Samson Ryan

33.    Kamdyn McIntosh - Trade

34.    Jack Graham

35.    Nathan Broad

36.    Will Martyn

37.    Matthew Parker

38.    Noah Cumberland

39.    Mate Colina

40.    Callum Coleman-Jones - Shop

41.    Mabior Chol - Trade

42.    Ryan Garthwaite - delist

43.    Derek Eggmolesse-Smith - delist

44.    Sydney Stack - shop

45.    Hugo Ralphsmith

46.    Ben Miller

47.    Bigoa Nyuon

48.    Vacant

49.    Maurice Rioli Jr

50.    Marlion Pickett - shop (but has sons, might be worth playing him until he reaches 100 games)

Just a rough draft. Happy to move on more but I think that’s about right as a start.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: List Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 11:01:19 PM »
Pretty good effort.

Agree with most if not all.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 11:13:39 PM »
Martyn & Cumberland won't make it - they can go too..speculstive lowere picks from a shallow draft to be replace with higher picks from a stronger draft  :shh

Parker was a waste of a spot...fho..... :shh

Rioli isn't going anywhere unless we want MRJ to follow soon after...t....:shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 11:17:59 PM »
Martyn & Cumberland won't make it - they can go too.. :shh

Rioli isn't going anywhere unless we want MRJ to follow soon after...still better than Aarts & Gantkickit....:shh

Agree with everything you said as what I’ve seen if Cumberland and Martyn makes me think old man Betamax Jackson cracked open the highlights tapes.  :rollin

Rioli was just a shop and see what bites. Anyway there’s no guarantee that MRJ will be anything special but it’s worth the risk to see if he comes on. Your probably right on Parker. 
The club that keeps giving.

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 11:25:48 PM »
Even taking out the "shops", that's 10 list changes. Doubt we are making 10 changes.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 11:32:15 PM »
At the lower bargain basement end - wouldn't be surprised if we grabbed Freeman after Hardwick brought him up the other week....(hope we steer clear of Brodie but I hear he's still very much on the radar.).. like to give Tom Green's brother another crack too ....a couple of mature/developed state league KPD's & rucks wouldn't go astray either...preferably in the 22-26 age range....and perhaps ironically we probably need another skilful  & creative small forward now...preferably a one touch, harder version of Butler or a quicker version of Higgins...   :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 12:16:37 AM »
Agree with all this.

I'm against trading Rioli and CCJ. Rioli has been widely spoken about being an enormous difference in our club culture an pressure style. It's no coincidence that his form slump and our lack of pressure have come at the same time.

We need some midfielders. Edwards is very close to retirement too. With Prestia and Lambert out and Cotchin and Edwards both shadows of the heroes they were we are solely reliant on Dusty and Bolton to win stoppages, the rest are kids or not up to it.

We need Cerra desperately and another decent midfielder. I believe a Tenet Dumont would be a free agent at the end of the year, he'd come cheap and would do a role nicely.

I also wouldn't give Dusty captain. I'd go straight to Vlastuin and VC Graham and Grimes.
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 08:48:09 AM »
The list clearly needs work.

The roll players of the last few years are being found out now that we no longer have a unique and dominant system.

I think it’s a question of whether we can do a ‘mini rebuild’ or whether we need to bottom out. This will largely depend on how RCD, Dow and CCJ develop. If they fail, then we will need to spend longer at the bottom to get access to the high end talent.

It happens to all great teams.

Geelong have done well to extend their window but the cliff will come for them soon.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 09:09:01 AM »
Martyn & Cumberland won't make it - they can go too..speculstive lowere picks from a shallow draft to be replace with higher picks from a stronger draft  :shh

Rioli isn't going anywhere unless we want MRJ to follow soon after...t....:shh

Yeah Cumberland not good enough in my view either. Martyn could become a solid backup type. Still maintain D Rioli was some much better than what George is dishing up...

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 10:13:42 AM »
Grimes for captain for me. Vlastuin is too undisciplined. 

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 03:08:04 PM »

The roll players of the last few years are being found out now that we no longer have a unique and dominant system.

I think it’s a question of whether we can do a ‘mini rebuild’ or whether we need to bottom out. This will largely depend on how RCD, Dow and CCJ develop. If they fail, then we will need to spend longer at the bottom to get access to the high end talent.

Geelong have done well to extend their window but the cliff will come for them soon.
Dow  :huh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 03:28:06 PM »
We have really missed Ivan Soldo this year.  Just a big competitor and is  very aggressive. Will welcome him back next year. 

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 05:41:58 PM »

Dow  :huh

Yeah Thompson Dow.

What’s your beef Coach?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 07:36:24 PM »
I've been riding your nuts for ages trying to get that Wet Willy to say hello. Finally you have

But for real though I don't think Dow is really that vital to anything
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 07:51:59 PM »
I've been riding your nuts for ages trying to get that Wet Willy to say hello. Finally you have

But for real though I don't think Dow is really that vital to anything

Haha. Well I’m chuffed that you were thinking of me you old slag!

Look he’s not the panacea, but he was a relatively high pick and I stand by my point that if he, RCD and CCJ come on then we may not have to bottom out to challenge again.

Also, I have reported you for bullying.

Cheers  :cheers