Author Topic: Terry says we値l finish ninth / Wallace tips top decade  (Read 3477 times)

Bulluss

Re: Terry says we値l finish ninth / Wallace tips top decade
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 07:19:20 PM »
When Wallace made his presentation, he would have outlined how he could turn us around within the 5 years of his contract.

Now it seems that he is doubting himself.

Wallace is and always will be a Overated DUD.

Eade would have been the better choice, without doubt.

Moi

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »
Can't you guys give it a rest.
We know your opinion - you don't like him.  Stiff - live with it!

Moi

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 07:35:53 PM »
Have it your own way, Jack.
This board is going to be so much fun having to put up with this on every thread.
But you know best  ::)

Bulluss

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 08:42:45 PM »
Come on Moi,

Surely Wallace's comments are annoying to all Richmond supporters.

The reaction on SEN was testament to that.

I cant believe that he has basically written our chances off this season before playing a game.

Wouldnt see Rocket Eade doing that.

FFS i doubt Danny Frawley would have done it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 09:14:55 PM »
Wouldnt think that Terry is on Grahman Smorgon Xmas list either

I think you mean David Smorgon - Jack. ;D

Graham Smorgon (ex Blues president) would probably send Tezz a Xmas card - the rest of the Carlton board no but Tezza YEP
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
And to think Danny got us to within 6 goals of a grand final playoff in 2001
now u have p issed me off
dont u dare praise danny
that yr was a total fluke

btw , i have many cousins who are doggy fans, and they all love terry and still wish he was there

u r so fos at times with ur no it all bs wink wink here wink wink there

get over

terry is  realistic, and bull says he had a 5 yr plan to get richmond on top, bull has no f idea what terry planned 4 this club, he was not in the interview room when he was applying 4 teh job

facts are he took over this club when it was in the worst state in our history stuffed up totally by dudly spudly, 16 str8 losses or something like that.

and in 2 f yrs he has done a tremendous job

and jack and bull , all u can f do is criticise him.

ffs, no other coach in australia could have done or doa better job than what he has done so far.

give it a f rest, this is not the antic terry forum, so f off , leave us alone cos im pretty sure everyone not just me is over all ur f pessimistic bs

IF U stuffing HATE TERRY AND DONT LIKE OUR TEAM F OFF!

ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN 2 DAYS

letsgetiton!

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 09:23:39 PM »
Come on Moi,

Surely Wallace's comments are annoying to all Richmond supporters.

The reaction on SEN was testament to that.

I cant believe that he has basically written our chances off this season before playing a game.

Wouldnt see Rocket Eade doing that.

FFS i doubt Danny Frawley would have done it.

ROCKET IS AN OVERRATED COACH

ASK ANY SYDNEY FAN!!!

AS FOR DANNY, HE CAN EAT MY CRUD!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 05:26:05 AM »
I look at it this way.
You are paid to do a job, just do, forget about writing in newspapers,etc.
I dont know anyone who gets $600,000 a year, now that $3,000,000. over 5 years and wants to say the success is some four years away-still .

Whether rightly or wrongly, part of Plough's appeal to the Club was he would generate plenty of exposure and as a result improve our bottom line. He is not just getting paid to coach. We are 2,000 members ahead of this time last year. That's around $300k up just there.

Also I reckon his selections in the 2005 and 2006 drafts is looking a bit wobbly at present. (except Deledio)

I reckon the supporters I talk too are beginning to doubt him

Lids was drafted in 2004  ;).

Seriously, apart from saying it publicly, what in what Plough has said is off the mark?  

People underestimate how totally stuffed up our list was at the end of 2004. Spud and Beck totally screwed it. I would add Geisch in there too. If you take out the 2000 draft (where we got Petts, Cogs, Newy, Krak and Hyde), we ended up with just 6 players remaining by 2005 from something like 40+ picks from the 1997-99, 2001-2 drafts. And people wonder why we have hardly any quality 22-26 year olds on our list. On top of that just 1 tall (Schulz) was drafted in 5 drafts under Spud. Absolutely unforgiveable  :banghead.

Wallace was given 5 years to get the list back into balance so we can sustain a successful period, rather than the one finals appearance, get flogged twice and then not see us for 6 years. We need the majority of our list to be in it's prime early-mid 20s; not all oldies and U21's like we've had the past 2 years. That takes time. If the kids developed quickly we might have got a brief sniff by 2009 while the oldies were still around but that's being optimistic.

And to say we were only 6 goals off a GF spot under Spud is laughable. We were annihilated by the top 2 sides during the year and in the finals and that SF win against Carlton was one of worst games of finals footy ever. It was that "just one game off a GF" attitude that gave us Hudson and Houlihan  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 05:43:55 AM »
Its not about liking or disliking.
What has been said in the paper in the last 24 hours is a disgrace,
How do you think the players feel ?
Well the coach doesnt think we can make the finals, what the heck.

Maybe the players will learn that while they can't hit a target properly from 20m away nor use that thing inside their skull for decision making or fail to work hard off the ball, they will continue to just miss the finals  :whistle. Maybe supporters will remind themselves we only won 2 out of 12 games against the top 8 sides last year and finished daylight (2 wins plus %%%%%) behind the dogs in eighth spot.

We can still make the finals if everything goes right but it would be hardly a surprise either if we didn't. We're one of those middle-tier teams b/w 6th and 13th.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 09:41:43 AM »
You got to be cruel to be kind.

Telling the players they are premiership quality won't do us any good.

Frawley crippled us, it's going to take a long time to build a good core group of players.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 06:02:26 PM »
Eade on SEN just before spoke about the last two articles Plough wrote about the dogs. Said a couple of bulldog players came to him upset about the first one (why did he leave us if he rates us). The second one Eade said he had a chuckle. Thought when he first saw the headline it was going to be about trying to pump up the dogs tyres to get them ahead of themselves. But it was nothing. As for the one about us he said all coaches try to tone things down at times out of self-preservation.   

Moi

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 06:04:18 PM »
Frawley crippled us, it's going to take a long time to build a good core group of players.

Glad you see it Wayne  :thumbsup
There's a lot of thickheads who don't  ;)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 06:19:35 PM »
Eade on SEN just before spoke about the last two articles Plough wrote about the dogs. Said a couple of bulldog players came to him upset about the first one (why did he leave us if he rates us). The second one Eade said he had a chuckle. Thought when he first saw the headline it was going to be about trying to pump up the dogs tyres to get them ahead of themselves. But it was nothing. As for the one about us he said all coaches try to tone things down at times out of self-preservation.   

plough from what i know left because the doggies wanted tocut total funding in the footy department and they wanted plough to sack some of his assistants. from what i know , plough said no way , we need more money more assistants, from there he was told  to comply and he said bye bye

but the doggie players are right, he does love them and its about time he started hating them and loving us, i have a feeling once some of our dud are gone and we are a total new team that he has groomed his passion 4 us will grow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 06:42:35 PM »
For all those who hate Terry doing media work on gameday, he'll be interviewed by SEN before the game on Sunday lol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 02:25:14 AM »
Dermie's view on Terry's position

TERRY WALLACE Richmond

A VERY simple read on the Tigers: Terry has sold them a very long-term plan and the board has bought it. Its plan is to put long-term faith in Terry's long-term plan. As long as their youngsters improve and they are competitive, it doesn't really matter where they finish. Wallace will be there next year.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21471970%255E19742,00.html