Author Topic: Fights in the crowd tonight?  (Read 2295 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Fights in the crowd tonight?
« on: May 21, 2022, 10:27:19 PM »
I couldn't see what exactly was happening as all the crowd in front of me at the Punt Road end kept standing up to watch. Apparently a few crowd fights in the one area around M6-M7. Cops heading down and up the ailes. Did anyone see what was going on?

Frustrated crowd? I wonder why  ::)

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fights in the crowd tonight?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 10:49:35 PM »
It was near me but I was more interested in the footy. In other words, the fights were also crap!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 09:25:23 PM »
A didgeridoo has been used as a weapon in a savage attack at the @afl dreamtime game. It was a wild night for police, with two officers assaulted and more than 50 spectators evicted from the ground.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1528296296024780800

"It was disappointing to see so many spectators engage in disruptive behaviour."

Ugly scenes have marred the Dreamtime clash at the MCG last night after more than 50 people were evicted from the game.

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1528267852612255744

Two police officers were also allegedly assaulted, with one officer allegedly punched after approaching a man who had been seen urinating outside the stadium.

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1528267913253507072

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 09:33:32 PM »
Maybe if the game wasn’t as stuffed as it is people wouldn’t have been drunk as much from boredom.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 09:35:06 PM »
No wonder fights are breaking out.  The game is f'd, our supporters are sick of being screwed by the umps every week and everyone is frustrated inc our players

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 09:46:51 PM »
It’s 2 hrs I won’t get back.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 09:53:03 PM »
I really fear thst we are close to seeing someone whose had one to many jump the fence and assault an umpire. The umpires have been cheating us for years now on the free kicks theres alot of pent up anger in the stands.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 08:30:09 AM »
I really fear thst we are close to seeing someone whose had one to many jump the fence and assault an umpire. The umpires have been cheating us for years now on the free kicks theres alot of pent up anger in the stands.

I was just thinking that myself Ramps

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2022, 10:59:31 AM »

Thinking of doing it Chucky?  :shh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 11:25:33 AM »

Thinking of doing it Chucky?  :shh

:) nah, it just causes me to lose interest in the game, where I used to like watching other teams going round, its too painful now and a chore just to watch the tigers games, the game I grew up and loved is being changed thanks to political correctness and social nicety gone mad

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 02:00:28 PM »
It’s become a high farce. We actually started to save the game with our game style in 2017 and then they screw it up but putting rules to slow us down :huh

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 02:14:06 PM »
I know boomers love to blame everything on political correctness, but I’m not sure it has much to do with the current umpiring problems.

IMO it’s more about the AFL constantly changing and over-complicating the rules to the point where it’s nearly impossible for the umpires to officiate.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2022, 03:09:01 PM »
Interesting, I’m not sure it’s fair to box someone’s opinion as irrelevant due to demographics because it’s different from ours.
The introduction of  new rules or changing the interpretation has made the sport into a version of basketball as is made it hard to watch without being confused and frustrated. We are Nanny sport now , a good game used to be where the umpires were not noticed now they want to be the main  attraction

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 03:12:44 PM »
I know boomers love to blame everything on political correctness, but I’m not sure it has much to do with the current umpiring problems.

IMO it’s more about the AFL constantly changing and over-complicating the rules to the point where it’s nearly impossible for the umpires to officiate.

I’m not a boomer but think both comments you made are interesting  ..

Rule changing and over complicating definitely plays a role .. wouldn’t be easy umpiring today

BUT .. political correctness has led to Australia becoming extremely soft. It’s disgraceful where we are at currently … you can’t tell me this umpire dissent rule isn’t a direct result of PC Australia .. so a player waves his arms around , the poor umpire should re-attach his balls and get on with things instead of being a sook and awarding 50

The game has also become soft because the AFL is petrified of a class action worth squillions due to CTE and concussion .. like what’s happened to the NFL

It all leads to confusion and over umpiring

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2022, 04:22:58 PM »
Prior to the dissent rule they had a 50m penalty for umpire abuse which I thought was sufficient.