Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 76893 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Matty White offered a one-year deal: Barrett
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »
Trade Radio ‏@traderadio twitter:

"Matty White also beleived to have been offered a one-year deal and has been giving consideration to that says @barrettdamian"

Poor old Damian (wheelie bin) Barrett is getting slow with the news these days  ;) ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »
I am looking forward to White playing next year, could be a real asset should he get it together. I thought he played one of his best game this year, the game he was reported in.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2012, 12:04:23 PM »
Greg isn't up to it. But he will be handy for Coburg for one more season

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »

Have bookmarked this one.

Hope he proves you wrong.

:cheers

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »

Have bookmarked this one.

Hope he proves you wrong.

:cheers

I hope he does too. I'm a fan and called for him to get a game this year. He just isn't good enough though unfortunately. He's the same player he was in 2008.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2012, 12:15:11 PM »
I am looking forward to White playing next year, could be a real asset should he get it together. I thought he played one of his best game this year, the game he was reported in.

If my career was on the line as his apparently was in round 15 I would have played with intensity.
Pity for Greg White his performance are in cameos and he is very inconsistent.
Other than his pace he is just another below average player.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »
Well the club still hold faith or they wouldn't of extended his contract and we haven't heard his name during tis trade period.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2012, 12:20:42 PM »
Well the club still hold faith or they wouldn't of extended his contract and we haven't heard his name during tis trade period.

Who would be interested in trading for him? The club haven't extended it yet have they? We can't delist everyone so some of our average players stay (Whitey, McG and maybe Post + Graham and his contract)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »

Of course they have.

What about Shane Edwards WAT. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2012, 09:15:32 AM »

Do you think Matty White is a better player than Shane Edwards, and given he was drafted before him, has more upside?
If so, on what basis do you say this and if not, why pot Shane-o and have blind faith in Matty?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »
It's from Damian Barrett nuff said.

He is just a depth player now. Would be top 30-35 now one would hope after trades and drafts.

Hopefully he won't see much senior footy but good luck to him if true about the extension.
hes not even a depth player.

he has never ever produced enough to deserve a game. a small mid  whos had 7 yrs who turns 26 in april. who does not get the ball just 10 possesions a game,  with poor skills and decision making. that makes him useless  for his age and type.  hes also played as a small forward and doesnt kick goals what role does he perform.
hes exactly like so many duds who have gone before him the odd good game and all is okay. i could go out and have a good game on the right day and im useless.

you want a depth player go and give a bloke like kyle martin a go tom sundberg sam dwyer and any amount of proven state league players who have the right skill sets and are athletically capable of the afl level.
with a bit of luck we not only get a depth player but players who lead and can maybe become decent consistent role players for richmond.
this bloke being a small should have well and truly established himself and clicked 4 or 5 yrs ago.

i have to chuckle at the attitude od f supporters who bring up f the club kept him so they must know something we dont so they think he can improve they must be right.
im sorry to say the club gets plenty wrong and everything about matt white.  type, age, experience, skills,  over all performance  and just about every stat you can think of says they are wrong.
he is redundant hes not even depth because hes behind forwards  nahas, king, edwards edwards, knights martin  and just about every mid we have on the list.

in all honesty at age 26 after being in our system for 7 yrs and 80/90 odd games he will all of a sudden have to improve dramatically most areas of his game and miraculously become a consistent player who in all honesty thinks this will happen with his many deficiencies.
yes it was a mistake keeping white we sure as hell could use another pick around 50 or even later on a mature player who adds depth in an area we are lacking.there are plenty there who offer more than white.
surely as supporters we look at these things for ourselves and form our opininions based on them with out the need to go down the ignorant " oh the club kept him he must be okay.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2012, 01:04:44 PM »
Love Whitey.

Bleeds the yellow and black and always does us proud. Best mates with Milzy and McG too.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
It's from Damian Barrett nuff said.

He is just a depth player now. Would be top 30-35 now one would hope after trades and drafts.

Hopefully he won't see much senior footy but good luck to him if true about the extension.
hes not even a depth player.

he has never ever produced enough to deserve a game. a small mid  whos had 7 yrs who turns 26 in april. who does not get the ball just 10 possesions a game,  with poor skills and decision making. that makes him useless  for his age and type.  hes also played as a small forward and doesnt kick goals what role does he perform.
hes exactly like so many duds who have gone before him the odd good game and all is okay. i could go out and have a good game on the right day and im useless.

you want a depth player go and give a bloke like kyle martin a go tom sundberg sam dwyer and any amount of proven state league players who have the right skill sets and are athletically capable of the afl level.
with a bit of luck we not only get a depth player but players who lead and can maybe become decent consistent role players for richmond.
this bloke being a small should have well and truly established himself and clicked 4 or 5 yrs ago.

i have to chuckle at the attitude od f supporters who bring up f the club kept him so they must know something we dont so they think he can improve they must be right.
im sorry to say the club gets plenty wrong and everything about matt white.  type, age, experience, skills,  over all performance  and just about every stat you can think of says they are wrong.
he is redundant hes not even depth because hes behind forwards  nahas, king, edwards edwards, knights martin  and just about every mid we have on the list.

in all honesty at age 26 after being in our system for 7 yrs and 80/90 odd games he will all of a sudden have to improve dramatically most areas of his game and miraculously become a consistent player who in all honesty thinks this will happen with his many deficiencies.
yes it was a mistake keeping white we sure as hell could use another pick around 50 or even later on a mature player who adds depth in an area we are lacking.there are plenty there who offer more than white.
surely as supporters we look at these things for ourselves and form our opininions based on them with out the need to go down the ignorant " oh the club kept him he must be okay.
Claw you are full of contradictions. You may as well put this exact same post in the Aaron Edwards thread.
Like your last paragraph for instance. Reads well.
In all honesty at age 29 after being in the system for years and 82 games he will all of a sudden sudden have to improve dramatically most areas of his game and miraculously become a consistent player who in all honesty thinks this will happen with his many deficiencies.

......I agree totally.
Facts are White, Edwards, Post, Miller, Mcguane, Fringe player hacks that aren't good enough. Plain and simple.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »
Edwards is/was a much better player than White. They are completely different players anyway.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2012, 06:31:13 PM »
A. Edwards is actually a half decent player don't understand all the hate