Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 76899 times)

tony_montana

Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #315 on: September 28, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
Pity neither party has mentioned 3 year contract, only another club. Why so negative all the time?

:thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #316 on: September 30, 2013, 10:57:32 AM »
without knowing the situation as far as what players are getting paid one angle is by signing white and a lot of others hurts  our ability to go after a player like taylor adams.
signing players like white mcguane jackson grigg king griffiths edwards to multiple yr contracts is now in all likely hood kicking us in the arse. the talk is we cant resign martin and we cant offer blokes like adams and longer enough or match other clubs offers.
im wondering how that can be.

if this is correct the club sure as hell is getting something very wrong when it comes to list management and more specific contracts. none of those mentioned should be getting more than one yr contracts because of their erratic form from yr to yr.most of em should have been cut ages ago.

im waiting with bated breath to see who and how many we cut ive said openly that 8 to 10 should go including rookies. yet it seems we are slowly but surely tying every one up bar  a few.further inhibiting our ability to go after quality and needed players.

it looks atm a lot like 95 and 01 where they thought they had the lists to become regular  top 4 when the truth was we were nowhere near it.
if the club fails at this watershed moment we can all look forward to many yrs back in the wilderness.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #317 on: September 30, 2013, 11:41:50 AM »
Matty White is a massive Tiger fan (his whole family are) so cannot imagine him going anywhere unless we told him he wasn't required. Can't see that happening after his season this year.

So when he finally has trade value - he's now non tradable ?
Not saying that at all Bents. I just cant see a) Matt White wanting to be traded and b) RFC wanting to trade him. That's more what I was getting at.  :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: September 30, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »
without knowing the situation as far as what players are getting paid one angle is by signing white and a lot of others hurts  our ability to go after a player like taylor adams.
signing players like white mcguane jackson grigg king griffiths edwards to multiple yr contracts is now in all likely hood kicking us in the arse. the talk is we cant resign martin and we cant offer blokes like adams and longer enough or match other clubs offers.
im wondering how that can be.

if this is correct the club sure as hell is getting something very wrong when it comes to list management and more specific contracts. none of those mentioned should be getting more than one yr contracts because of their erratic form from yr to yr.most of em should have been cut ages ago.

im waiting with bated breath to see who and how many we cut ive said openly that 8 to 10 should go including rookies. yet it seems we are slowly but surely tying every one up bar  a few.further inhibiting our ability to go after quality and needed players.

it looks atm a lot like 95 and 01 where they thought they had the lists to become regular  top 4 when the truth was we were nowhere near it.
if the club fails at this watershed moment we can all look forward to many yrs back in the wilderness.
i've also asked openly how you expect to relace 8-10 players in one hit and have a decent chance of actually getting upgrades?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #319 on: September 30, 2013, 04:45:16 PM »
Wallace says he has fielded a call to enquire about Matt White as a footballer, having coached him. Possibly an interstate club.

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Offline Wellington Tiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #320 on: September 30, 2013, 06:10:15 PM »
Claw, you have hated Whitey since his first game and now that you somehow know where he will playing footy next year you are sticking the knife in.

You are a disgrace and other disgraceful fools like you have made a hard working and loyal Tiger leave the club.

Whitey's acceptance of a new contract , albeit with another club, will make him a 10 year AFL player and given his new club's talent and ability, he will most likely play in a game that you have only dreamed of supporting for the past many years.

As a Tiger SUPPORTER, I will be sad when that happens, but I will be mightily proud of a young guy who has battled his way back into being a vital cog of our beloved club and I will happily like to watch you eat your words when it does.

Get a life Claw, you are a bloody disgrace as a so-called Tiger supporter.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #321 on: September 30, 2013, 06:12:59 PM »
Not bad for a second post.

:lol

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #322 on: September 30, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #323 on: September 30, 2013, 06:15:05 PM »

You are a disgrace and other disgraceful fools like you have made a hard working and loyal Tiger leave the club.

Whitey's acceptance of a new contract , albeit with another club, will make him a 10 year AFL player and given his new club's talent and ability, he will most likely play in a game that you have only dreamed of supporting for the past many years.

So are you suggesting he is goneskis?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #324 on: September 30, 2013, 06:16:29 PM »
Just walked in the door...has whitey left us???

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #325 on: September 30, 2013, 06:16:50 PM »
mightily proud.... ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #326 on: September 30, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »
Just walked in the door...has whitey left us???

I'm just about to walk out the door and I want an answer  ;D

Gigantor

« Reply #327 on: September 30, 2013, 06:18:44 PM »
Don't forget the updates WP if you can

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #328 on: September 30, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »
Don't forget the updates WP if you can

No need the club is doing a podcast on the net

Offline Wellington Tiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #329 on: September 30, 2013, 06:42:24 PM »
Yes Bill.

Both clubs know where Whitey is playing next year.

You may well see him cry at his last Tiger function tonight.