Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 76892 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #390 on: October 01, 2013, 03:01:10 PM »
I'm going to miss Matt White. With interchange caps coming up next year, pace and having a ready made super sub could be the difference between 8th and 9th.
Won't effect us then as we will be pushing for top 4  :rollin :thumbsup

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: October 01, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »
Excellent sub IMO. Played some great games.

Wish him the best for his career and beyond.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: October 01, 2013, 03:21:32 PM »
Disappointed to see him go. Club was very patient with him over the years. Could have been delisted last year or year before but wasn't. This year was his breakout year. Was developing into a solid player. Was a good tackler, great kick at goal and could break the lines. Admit wasn't a great mark. He had a great attitude. Had become an important player at the club because of his speed endurance and ability the break the lines. Will need to find a suitable replacement. Wish him good luck with his career.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #393 on: October 01, 2013, 04:59:52 PM »
I'm going to miss Matt White. With interchange caps coming up next year, pace and having a ready made super sub could be the difference between 8th and 9th.
Won't effect us then as we will be pushing for top 4  :rollin :thumbsup

In that case could be the difference between finishing 4th and 5th :D

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #394 on: October 01, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »
yeh, i'm big spewing about this... :P
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: October 01, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
without knowing the situation as far as what players are getting paid one angle is by signing white and a lot of others hurts  our ability to go after a player like taylor adams.
signing players like white mcguane jackson grigg king griffiths edwards to multiple yr contracts is now in all likely hood kicking us in the arse. the talk is we cant resign martin and we cant offer blokes like adams and longer enough or match other clubs offers.
im wondering how that can be.

if this is correct the club sure as hell is getting something very wrong when it comes to list management and more specific contracts. none of those mentioned should be getting more than one yr contracts because of their erratic form from yr to yr.most of em should have been cut ages ago.

im waiting with bated breath to see who and how many we cut ive said openly that 8 to 10 should go including rookies. yet it seems we are slowly but surely tying every one up bar  a few.further inhibiting our ability to go after quality and needed players.

it looks atm a lot like 95 and 01 where they thought they had the lists to become regular  top 4 when the truth was we were nowhere near it.
if the club fails at this watershed moment we can all look forward to many yrs back in the wilderness.
i've also asked openly how you expect to relace 8-10 players in one hit and have a decent chance of actually getting upgrades?
and ive replied in detail. not my problem if you wish to stick your head in the sand or be stupid about it.
theres a fair few clubs who have already cut between 6 and 8 players i suppose your wondering how they are going to do it as well. and thats without lists being finalised.

4nd picks
one f/a
one psd 
one delisted player from another club. thats 6 to  7 to the list proper depending on if we use pick 64.

3/4 rookie picks

Ah, no. last time i posed the question, i also asked you to take certain things into consideration, which was a mistake, as you then picked and twisted them, rambled endlessly and never gave the info i was after..

even now it was was like panning for gold, sifting through the irrelevant mindless crap to get to the answer, which i have edited as above.

so in essence we will either 2 3rd rounders or a 3rd and 4th, as we will not get much better for any trades.
as you said yourself, 3rd rounders go at around about 50% but my suspicion it is less.

one fa.granted thats reasonable.
one delisted player, yeah possible to get a short term upgrade such as chappy, but most delisted players will more be in the matt thomas mode though.

one PSD. well they are normally a longer shot than 3rd rounders, so the odds are getting longer.

and then 3-4 rookies.
well what are the odds of rookies making it? as they are basically left over after the ND and PSD, so now we are getting to the bottom the barrel, so they would have to be much less than 50%, which is why the club has gone down the path of mature discards, coz you get some certainity in having someone who can step straight in if injuries hit, albeit at an average level, with minimal cost. its like backing a short priced horse for a place rather than backing a long shot for a win.

so on average of the 8-10 you talk about we would be upgrading on 4-6 only, and only 2-3 of those would be stepping up in the short term.

but i can see how you find that appealing, as it would contribute to your wish to sliding back down the ladder.
oh dear it really is amusing to watch the contortions of thjose who just wont admit they are wrong. forever  letting their dislike of others twist what they say.
its funny no opinion on the subject at all but real keen to drag those down that do have one.
4 nd picks son we will use em upgrade or not.

chapman jolly laidler all upgrades on those they replace. 
mirra howson and cain all better skilled  rookies than what we have now and they are ready to go.
like i said it aint hard  a blind man could improve our list but keep the head in the sand its funny. we obviously have a premiership list with your type of thinking. i know  lets just cut the bare minimum of  3 lets hang onto the duds because they are good blokes.

have a try for yourself it aint hard even you could come up with 9 or 10 better options than what we currently have. oh thats right your not here to put it out there your just here to criticise those who have opposing views.

fair dinkum i will never understand the love of duds and the need of  people to want to keep so many of them who have no value what so ever. i will never ever understand why people want to sit on so many  awful players rather than try something new.
you do realise al even if we cut 8 - 10 theres a shedload of other hacks on the list still for you to support.
you are fair dinkum off your tree.
You are either an A grade troll or an A grade moron, because one again your reply has nothing, I repeat nothing what so ever to do with I wrote.
How about you go back and get you state appointed carer to explain what i wrote and answer that rather go off on an tangent throwing abuse that is irrelevant to the post.

here i will highlight the part to concentrate on.

so in essence we will have either 2 3rd rounders or a 3rd and 4th, as we will not get much better for any trades.
as you said yourself, 3rd rounders go at around about 50% but my suspicion it is less.
one fa.granted thats reasonable.
one delisted player, yeah possible to get a short term upgrade such as chappy, but most delisted players will more be in the matt thomas mode though.

one PSD. well they are normally a longer shot than 3rd rounders, so the odds are getting longer.

and then 3-4 rookies.
well what are the odds of rookies making it? as they are basically left over after the ND and PSD, so now we are getting to the bottom the barrel, so they would have to be much less than 50%, which is why the club has gone down the path of mature discards, coz you get some certainity in having someone who can step straight in if injuries hit, albeit at an average level, with minimal cost. its like backing a short priced horse for a place rather than backing a long shot for a win.

so on average of the 8-10 you talk about we would be upgrading on 4-6 only, and only 2-3 of those would be stepping up in the short term.

Can you address this in a concise, logical manner?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #396 on: October 01, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »
western australia

the special state

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: October 01, 2013, 06:05:01 PM »
Yep, I'm going to miss him. No one runs faster off the ground when interchanged (or on the ground when subbed on)
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #398 on: October 01, 2013, 06:27:34 PM »
Quote from: al l
[/quote

Can you address this in a concise, logical manner?

hmm concise and logical

the only logical conclusion i can come to is there is only one moron on this site his name starts with a and ends in l.  i know your bright enough to work that one out.

hmm concise  two words sums you up f%%$$%%k wit. i know you can decipher that youve obviously been called it plenty of times.

and mods the abuse is tit for tat whats good for the goose is good for the gander..i  dont like to go down that path but some people deserve it. if im sanctioned just remember it takes two to tango. im not putting up with poo from a pissant like al.

Gigantor

« Reply #399 on: October 01, 2013, 06:34:11 PM »
Mathew white had a great season...Never like seeing real Richmond people leave the den.

Rampstar

« Reply #400 on: October 01, 2013, 06:46:50 PM »
players leave all the time. whitey has been average for about 90% of the time he was with us. wish him all the best at Port. Happy to get a pick between 35 and 40 for him as I see that as above the odds for white.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #401 on: October 01, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »
Mathew white had a great season...Never like seeing real Richmond people leave the den.

X2

We will miss his pace, however Todd Elton ran in the GF sprint, he must have some pace!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Rampstar

« Reply #402 on: October 01, 2013, 07:02:52 PM »
im amazed at our supporters and their stupidity in calling for our administration to match offers for ordinary players like matty white. great servant yes but lets be real hes been a battler and was never gonna be a Richmond Premiership Player. id prefer we draft a kid like Hartung in the draft and pay him 80k rather than keep White.

Another really good decision from our football department. Well done to all  :clapping

And Good luck to White at Port

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #403 on: October 01, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »
Matty White is in our best 22 and worked his way into the best 18 by the 2nd half of this year. Yes it's a bit late to achieve this at age 26 but why hold his past against him. Pace has always been an asset in footy but now it seems more crucial than ever, especially when you have got 2 evenly matched sides playing a similar brand of footy, which seems to happen more and more these days.

Somehow I doubt that Matty was holding the club to ransom. If this was an issue on length of tenure, I think that White has built a case and the club should have shown more flexibility in this area.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #404 on: October 01, 2013, 07:21:05 PM »
I think this will be the best result for both player and club.
If we get an end of second round draft pick for him that will be a huge bonus for us!