Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 76897 times)

tony_montana

Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #405 on: October 01, 2013, 08:04:59 PM »
Yeah id take that and sincerely wish him well. Thought he was lucky to survive and to his credit really turned it around and become a big impact player this year. takes a lot of character to be able to do that

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #406 on: October 01, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »
What the hell is it with people judging players by last year or the year before?

Guys like Tuck, Jackson and White have all proved that you can improve late in your career.

People just make up their mind and stick with it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #407 on: October 01, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »
He is 26 and has started to get soft tissue injuries. Memo the last five weeks of the season. Whilst I would have liked him to stay I could see his injuries becoming chronic. Nevertheless for his sake I hope they don't. Good luck to him for getting the three year deal. Has CC moved to Alberton? ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #408 on: October 01, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
What the hell is it with people judging players by last year or the year before?

Guys like Tuck, Jackson and White have all proved that you can improve late in your career.

Guys like you mention improve when the quality of player improves around them. This aint RFC 2007.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: October 01, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »

Guys like you mention improve when the quality of player improves around them. This aint RFC 2007.

Bahaha.

Then I suppose kids like you imply that nobody improves individually at all and its just a placebo effect from the wholistic team improvement?

Get real mate. The skills improve and you can see it clearly. Having better teammates might help you jag a cheapie or take a mark on the lead but individual efforts are another story and these guys have genuinely gotten better with age. Wake up.

You must have been watching another game to me every week.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #410 on: October 01, 2013, 09:55:02 PM »
Best18?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #411 on: October 01, 2013, 10:11:08 PM »

Bahaha.

Then I suppose kids like you imply that nobody improves individually at all and its just a placebo effect from the wholistic team improvement?

Get real mate. The skills improve and you can see it clearly. Having better teammates might help you jag a cheapie or take a mark on the lead but individual efforts are another story and these guys have genuinely gotten better with age. Wake up.

Statistically blokes Like Jako Tuck turn over the ball more than others in our side. Thre fact is in our last two years with the side naturally improving due to the development of Cotch, Martin, Lids etc the impact of these guys good and bad games still stand out.

Look at Jako's dreamtime game the last two years. One was shocking the other whilst in our best was clearly why hhis disposal is not upto scratch and why Essendon were happy to let him run loose.

These players just need to play within their limitations rather than trying to do more thean they can.
Good on him for winning the B&F but Jako will never win you a game of footy like a Lids or a Cotch and if you can't see that then I don't know which Richmond game you are watching. Maybe its the placebo effect from the clappers in the old Olympic Stand in the 90's.

Too many prima donnas on here. Grow up moron. Malakies. ;D

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: October 02, 2013, 12:59:11 AM »

Bahaha.

Statistically blokes Like Jako Tuck turn over the ball more than others in our side. Thre fact is in our last two years with the side naturally improving due to the development of Cotch, Martin, Lids etc the impact of these guys good and bad games still stand out.

Look at Jako's dreamtime game the last two years. One was shocking the other whilst in our best was clearly why hhis disposal is not upto scratch and why Essendon were happy to let him run loose.

These players just need to play within their limitations rather than trying to do more thean they can.
Good on him for winning the B&F but Jako will never win you a game of footy like a Lids or a Cotch and if you can't see that then I don't know which Richmond game you are watching. Maybe its the placebo effect from the clappers in the old Olympic Stand in the 90's.

Trollolol malaka. You're right. Lets just play each week with 7 Cotchins, 7 Lids and 7 Martins. Leave Jack in the square.

Oh, wait a minute, you need soldiers too ;)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2013, 06:48:22 AM »

Bahaha.

Trollolol malaka. You're right. Lets just play each week with 7 Cotchins, 7 Lids and 7 Martins. Leave Jack in the square.

Oh, wait a minute, you need soldiers too ;)

Did I say we don't need foot so.diers Malaka? You do it's just Jako is an unskilled undisciplined one who happens to win a B&F when the cream at the club is amazingly higher than when he came second in one in 2009 when you could put a line through all the list but if you need to keep nitpicking to make yourself relevant then keep on talking malaka. ;D

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #414 on: October 02, 2013, 06:56:32 AM »
Matty White is in our best 22 and worked his way into the best 18 by the 2nd half of this year. Yes it's a bit late to achieve this at age 26 but why hold his past against him. Pace has always been an asset in footy but now it seems more crucial than ever, especially when you have got 2 evenly matched sides playing a similar brand of footy, which seems to happen more and more these days.

Somehow I doubt that Matty was holding the club to ransom. If this was an issue on length of tenure, I think that White has built a case and the club should have shown more flexibility in this area.

Agree. Some players take a while to develop. White was one of those players. As he has been in the system awhile his strength had developed to the extent where he could lay effective tackles and brush off tackles. He was good in packs and was a good clubman. You need those types of players to win a premiership. It seems now that Port will reap the rewards of the club's good work in developing him. At 26 he has fair few years of football in him.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: October 02, 2013, 08:07:55 AM »
Quote from: al l
[/quote

Can you address this in a concise, logical manner?

hmm concise and logical

the only logical conclusion i can come to is there is only one moron on this site his name starts with a and ends in l.  i know your bright enough to work that one out.

hmm concise  two words sums you up f%%$$%%k wit. i know you can decipher that youve obviously been called it plenty of times.

and mods the abuse is tit for tat whats good for the goose is good for the gander..i  dont like to go down that path but some people deserve it. if im sanctioned just remember it takes two to tango. im not putting up with poo from a peeant like al.
ok, all that aside, can you address the point in a concise and logical manner rather than twisting it into something i am not saying?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #416 on: October 02, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »
Wow the hostility

Rampstar

« Reply #417 on: October 02, 2013, 09:33:34 AM »
White only played good when he came on as a sub and played for 30 minutes. Whenever he had to play full games he always reverted back to how its always been. Very average. The issue of hamstrings is also important and his injury late in the season had to be taken into account. Lastly, there have been dozens and hundreds of players who have shown improvement in 1 year. The trick isnt to improve for 1 year, its to do it for consecutive years. White has never done it at Richmond but as I said before Good luck to him at Port. Hope he does well just prefer to draft a kid instead of having White on the list.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #419 on: October 02, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
If I'm watching a RFC vs Port match in 2014

and I see White break the lines and burn off a Tiger and kicks it laces out to Jay Schulz whom then coverts, I may cry