Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 76892 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #555 on: May 10, 2014, 09:41:50 PM »
Jade Rawlings another good example , PA were kissed on the dick by a fairy how things have unfolded
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #556 on: May 10, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »
Yes it is unusual, tell me the last 27 yo that took 8 or so years to knock up 100 games go on and raise his game to another level, they invariably flop, be it form or fitness/injury, the footy graveyard is absolutely full of them. ,

Schulz.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #557 on: May 10, 2014, 10:52:02 PM »
Lol, there's a theme happening, I reckon they're two of 20 that have gone alright

the claw

« Reply #558 on: May 11, 2014, 02:09:37 PM »
what a bunch of chicken littles.
moaning because we hang onto far too many players for way too long and then bemoan letting players go who were nothing but chronic underachievers. scared to see players go because they may get better.
well people we cant have our cake and eat it too. sometimes in turning players over you will let the odd good one go.

heres a list of players from 03 onwards could not be bothered going back any further that have been traded out. gone in f/a or delisted and  have then been picked up.
torney, ben holland, fiora, OTTENS, zantuck, krakouer, meyer, jon, SCHULZ, pattison, raines, collins, tambling, morton, graham, derickx, mcguane, nahas, and white.
the only two i lament losing are the two in capital letters.
it really is in the main a list of mediocrity.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #559 on: May 11, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
Who cares, hes gone. thread should be closed.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: May 11, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »
moaning because we hang onto far too many players for way too long and then bemoan letting players go who were nothing but chronic underachievers. scared to see players go because they may get better.
well people we cant have our cake and eat it too. sometimes in turning players over you will let the odd good one go.

heres a list of players from 03 onwards could not be bothered going back any further that have been traded out. gone in f/a or delisted and  have then been picked up.
torney, ben holland, fiora, OTTENS, zantuck, krakouer, meyer, jon, SCHULZ, pattison, raines, collins, tambling, morton, graham, derickx, mcguane, nahas, and white.
To be fair, Krakouer had to leave to do time. He was a gun at Collingwood when he came back.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #561 on: May 11, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »

that's it claw, dare I say it but you've pretty well underlined the theme of my point, 90% of the time it NEVER turns out for the better as we re experiencing with chris knights, similar profile , long time not many games at crows ...PA are lucky arseholes, no doubt

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #562 on: May 11, 2014, 10:48:18 PM »
If you look at many of the games last year, Matty White was instrumental in turning the game.  Those sort of players should never be released.

I think we should move on though as he is not coming back…... :(
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #563 on: May 12, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
If you look at many of the games last year, Matty White was instrumental in turning the game.  Those sort of players should never be released.

Agree x 100 on both counts. maybe look at playing McBean and show the love. Nothing worse than being selected then thrown out after 2 games. No wonder these players have difficulty. Tom DX is going Ok and he is getting a game every week.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #564 on: May 12, 2014, 07:19:47 PM »

Held back in his career cause he had dumb coaches like Wallace, Rawlings, Royal, & whoeva else l want to forget.
But he also must pay the price for not stepping up to the next level.
l agree 100% on what you say about him turning games with his burst of speed & some very timely goals
one that we should have kept & send Edwards home instead

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #565 on: May 12, 2014, 10:25:02 PM »
It's obvious now that we should have kept Whitey, but to be fair, not many on here were complaining when we let him go. Hindsight...

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #566 on: May 13, 2014, 06:26:38 PM »
It's obvious now that we should have kept Whitey, but to be fair, not many on here were complaining when we let him go. Hindsight...

Well like none

the claw

« Reply #567 on: May 13, 2014, 06:51:10 PM »
mate im still over the moon hes gone.
look at his time with us it was bloody pathetic.
good on him if he improves and plays well at port. for us he was a 8 yr failure. he did next to nothing for us and it was the right thing to offer him what we did.
people forget we offered him a contract based on what he had dished up over his 8 yrs any contract was a generous contract at that because he has struggled to demand he stays on the list yet alone a spot in the team.

ffs people we participate in a system where players leave thru f/a  get traded get delisted.  if players perform at other clubs we should not be moaning and groaning, that is a part of the process. you will have your wins and you will have your losses people just have to learn to accept that is the way of things.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: May 13, 2014, 06:59:12 PM »
mate im still over the moon hes gone.
look at his time with us it was bloody pathetic.
good on him if he improves and plays well at port. for us he was a 8 yr failure. he did next to nothing for us and it was the right thing to offer him what we did.
people forget we offered him a contract based on what he had dished up over his 8 yrs any contractwas a generous contract at that.
I agree, not that upset that he has left. Good luck to him though. I like the way Port are playing, I wish we could run and chase like they do. 
I remember when Rodan was going well over there too, but I didn't want him back. He was to unpredictable with the footy in his hands. Didn't end all that well for them.
We need to find better, players that will stand up in big games.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #569 on: May 13, 2014, 07:56:55 PM »
Port remind me a bit of the Bombers, start the season really well and taper of as the season progresses.
I wonder what will happen this year.
They do look good in April and May.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”