Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 76886 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #600 on: May 15, 2014, 08:36:20 PM »
^^^^^^^Like^^^^^^^^^
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #601 on: May 15, 2014, 08:44:03 PM »
PA player don't care , nil interest  :banghead :wallywink :whistle
Agree BJ. This thread shouldn't be now on Richmond Rant. We've discussed it to death and he is now well and truly a Port player. Move it to View from the Outer. Thanks mods.

Most assuredly,
however with the rfc having made so many mistakes and errors over the years, (they far outnumber the victories) what else is there to discuss?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #602 on: May 15, 2014, 08:49:26 PM »
Is it possible that in one preseason PA have developed White and in Sydney's case Big X better than we did in the eight seasons White was with us?
White was good last year in spurts but nothing like he has been this year. Even his kicking seems better?
Is it development?

Whatever it is, I'm happy to talk about any ex-Tiger player, and I hope they all do well.

Gigantor

« Reply #603 on: May 15, 2014, 08:54:11 PM »
maybe port play him for longer spells

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #604 on: May 15, 2014, 08:56:02 PM »
Agree BJ. This thread shouldn't be now on Richmond Rant. We've discussed it to death and he is now well and truly a Port player. Move it to View from the Outer. Thanks mods.

Most assuredly,
however with the rfc having made so many mistakes and errors over the years, (they far outnumber the victories) what else is there to discuss?

Girl hit with shovel? The A-HA Remix?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #605 on: May 15, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »
C'mon folks, big Derrick's is still a poo truck. Sydney were desperate. Let's not go overboard.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #606 on: May 15, 2014, 10:26:51 PM »
Who gives a crap if this thread is in Richmond Rant or another section? Footy being discussed is what this forum is about I thought. We don't ask for a "delusional" board for all of BJ's posts to be placed.

Is it possible that in one preseason PA have developed White and in Sydney's case Big X better than we did in the eight seasons White was with us?
White was good last year in spurts but nothing like he has been this year. Even his kicking seems better?
Is it development?

Whatever it is, I'm happy to talk about any ex-Tiger player, and I hope they all do well.

:thumbsup

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #607 on: May 15, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
We don't ask for a "delusional" board for all of BJ's posts to be placed.

Pretty shrewd idea just quietly :shh.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #608 on: May 15, 2014, 10:43:00 PM »

You been looking through my mail again Slick? :shh

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #609 on: May 15, 2014, 11:08:01 PM »

You been looking through my mail again Slick? :shh

Yeah mate. Borrowed the latest issue of "Bears World" too. Hope that's cool.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #610 on: May 16, 2014, 08:05:57 AM »
Well if you wAnt to turn the quality posters away in droves then continue with threads about rival players on a richmond board. People don't like it, I'm telling ya  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: May 16, 2014, 09:04:03 AM »

Serious question has this happened to the threads of other players who've left the Tiges?

If you don't want to read about Matt I'd suggest you don't open the thread, no one is forcing you to.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #612 on: May 16, 2014, 10:58:22 AM »

Serious question has this happened to the threads of other players who've left the Tiges?

If you don't want to read about Matt I'd suggest you don't open the thread, no one is forcing you to.
Obviously you have misunderstood me.  I'm not advocating not having a thread on ex Richmond players.  However, this thread should be on View from the Outer as he is now OBVIOUSLY ON THE OUTER!!!!!!!!!  This would not stop posters from still discussing this if they wished to.  To paraphrase you, no one is forcing you not to.
We have had 20 pages of this stuff on what is supposedly a Richmond team/player board.  I would have thought that it is more than enough and the mods should move it.  They seem to do that about other things that are now not related to Richmond.  I don't think it's unreasonable request as I am only asking them to follow their own rules.....
And to answer your question, I don't keep count of how much time has been put into other former tigers that have gone to other teams so it's impossible to know if 20 pages of discussion or more has occurred with these players.  If it has then those discussions also should have been moved to View from the Outer IMHO.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #613 on: May 16, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
While i always rated Schulz's ability, it was the right thing to do for him and us, he was never going to get to where he is now with us, Im just spewing we didnt take ports offer the year before we traded. Think it was a pick around 20ish? anyhow we probably would have peeed it up against the wall

White on the otherhand was clearly trending upwards last season, yeah people will point to stats but fact is he was impacting most games he was involved in. In the final I found myself wishing he was out there. Think we erred in not doing more to keep him.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #614 on: May 16, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
Firstly, in answer to this question from Mr Magic:

Short answer is this: there has been the odd 1-2 or that have been moved (eg Ben Cousins) but usually no we don't move them

Now onto this:

Obviously you have misunderstood me.  I'm not advocating not having a thread on ex Richmond players.  However, this thread should be on View from the Outer as he is now OBVIOUSLY ON THE OUTER!!!!!!!!!  This would not stop posters from still discussing this if they wished to.  To paraphrase you, no one is forcing you not to.
We have had 20 pages of this stuff on what is supposedly a Richmond team/player board.  I would have thought that it is more than enough and the mods should move it.  They seem to do that about other things that are now not related to Richmond.  I don't think it's unreasonable request as I am only asking them to follow their own rules.....And to answer your question, I don't keep count of how much time has been put into other former tigers that have gone to other teams so it's impossible to know if 20 pages of discussion or more has occurred with these players.  If it has then those discussions also should have been moved to View from the Outer IMHO.

A couple of points

* what we usually move is the stuff that has nothing to do with Richmond, past, present or future. Perfect example a thread started about the "Douglas Bump' that was started on this board. It was moved because it had nothing to do with Richmond. There is a clear difference I would have though

* Interestingly we didn't have anyone complaing the other the week when we played Brisbane and folks posted in the Luke McGuane thread; meaning it made a re-appearance after not being touched for a period of time

*  I would argue that the recent discussions in this thread are more about the Club's recruiting and retaining of players than the actual player himself. Good or bad to see someone do as well as White is at the moment and to see us not having anyone filling that role has raised an interesting debate and having re-read the last few pages that is what is making up the most recent discussion here. Perhaps you think we should split the discussions and create a whole new thread??

* Finally, don't take this the wrong way YBB, but you started a thread on this very board about Richard Tambling retiring. Richie hadn't been at Richmond for over 3 years & (obviously) at the time of his retirement he wasn't a RFC player. But again like the McGaune scenario there wasn't any request to have it moved   :-\ So I'd ask doesn't that sort of go against what you are arguing here?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)