Author Topic: Ivan Maric [merged]  (Read 107784 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ivan Maric [merged]
« Reply #1560 on: May 31, 2015, 08:42:07 PM »
Agree with this on the condition we clear his fitness. We have hopefully learnt our lesson about recruiting broken bodies with potential

id take the risk

we need a highly rated young ruckman

hampson gives me nightmares

Don't think he's highly rated nor young anymore

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1561 on: May 31, 2015, 08:48:07 PM »
Agree with this on the condition we clear his fitness. We have hopefully learnt our lesson about recruiting broken bodies with potential

id take the risk

we need a highly rated young ruckman

hampson gives me nightmares

Don't think he's highly rated nor young anymore
He is heading into his best years as a ruckman though and he won't cost us anywhere near as much as Kreuzer.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1562 on: May 31, 2015, 08:59:11 PM »
Kreuzer won't cost as much as Kruezer?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1563 on: May 31, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
Kreuzer won't cost as much as Kruezer?
Sorry. I thought they were referring to my suggestion of Callum Sinclair. :rollin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1564 on: May 31, 2015, 09:42:17 PM »
Tom Nicholls.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1565 on: May 31, 2015, 11:46:27 PM »
What is this obsession with Kreuzer? Sounds like people want to chase a player just for the sake of doing 'something'.

He hasn't played football with any consistency since 2013, and even then he was a B grade ruckman. B+ at best.

There is nothing relevant (IE recent) to suggest he will be any better a recruit than Hampson. Just like Knights - it of a has-been all broken down with injury.

the obsession is outside maric we only have:

Soldo, Ivan (R)   
Hampson, Shaun   
Griffiths, Benjamin   
Vickery, Tyrone

Soldo is a long shot. Hampson is a potato. If griffiths reaches his potential you would want him in the forward line promdinatly as to not break him.

Leaving only tyrone, who i like in the ruck, but has (massive) question marks still.

ideally, we would have a former #1 draft pick like kreuzer or a very high draft pick like nicnat, leunburger to replace maric. sadly they do not grow on trees.

Yes we need another ruckman. I feel I've been quite vocal about this for the last 18 months at least.

Doesn't mean I'm going to put a washed up, broken down, ex-no.1 draft pick like Kreuzer (who was at his best just a solid ruckman) up on a pedestal for us to aim the sink at. He's not even 'young' anymore - he's 26 and has played 100-odd games. Certainly not a basket I wanna put all my eggs in.

Soldo, who knows...
Hampson is a great tap ruckman, but nothing else...
Vickery hasn't been developed as a ruckman, which is a shame...
Griffiths is a pinch-hitter only...
McBean isn't a ruckman...

So we either need to get another cheap interim ruckman who can stay on the park, or a premier ruckman who can help us win a flag, and definitely a young bloke to shape up. Kreuzer is neither of these things. Cheap ruckman would have included Jonathan Giles, Stefan Martin etc. Young ruckman would have been Longer (who suggested that??? haha).

Throwing the sink at Kreuzer is sillier than suggesting Taylor Hunt is a better player than Grigg this year...

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1566 on: June 01, 2015, 10:01:58 AM »
What is this obsession with Kreuzer? Sounds like people want to chase a player just for the sake of doing 'something'.

He hasn't played football with any consistency since 2013, and even then he was a B grade ruckman. B+ at best.

There is nothing relevant (IE recent) to suggest he will be any better a recruit than Hampson. Just like Knights - it of a has-been all broken down with injury.

the obsession is outside maric we only have:

Soldo, Ivan (R)   
Hampson, Shaun   
Griffiths, Benjamin   
Vickery, Tyrone

Soldo is a long shot. Hampson is a potato. If griffiths reaches his potential you would want him in the forward line promdinatly as to not break him.

Leaving only tyrone, who i like in the ruck, but has (massive) question marks still.

ideally, we would have a former #1 draft pick like kreuzer or a very high draft pick like nicnat, leunburger to replace maric. sadly they do not grow on trees.

Yes we need another ruckman. I feel I've been quite vocal about this for the last 18 months at least.

Doesn't mean I'm going to put a washed up, broken down, ex-no.1 draft pick like Kreuzer (who was at his best just a solid ruckman) up on a pedestal for us to aim the sink at. He's not even 'young' anymore - he's 26 and has played 100-odd games. Certainly not a basket I wanna put all my eggs in.

Soldo, who knows...
Hampson is a great tap ruckman, but nothing else...
Vickery hasn't been developed as a ruckman, which is a shame...
Griffiths is a pinch-hitter only...
McBean isn't a ruckman...

So we either need to get another cheap interim ruckman who can stay on the park, or a premier ruckman who can help us win a flag, and definitely a young bloke to shape up. Kreuzer is neither of these things. Cheap ruckman would have included Jonathan Giles, Stefan Martin etc. Young ruckman would have been Longer (who suggested that??? haha).

Throwing the sink at Kreuzer is sillier than suggesting Taylor Hunt is a better player than Grigg this year...

S Martin wont be cheap

Giles is rubbish

the pool is shallow

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1567 on: June 01, 2015, 11:08:25 AM »
Leueueunberger is the one
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1568 on: June 01, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »
Leueueu

oh no
Sayin' we gotta go, yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1569 on: June 02, 2015, 02:01:41 AM »
'Berger is either injured or out of form

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1570 on: June 02, 2015, 04:07:31 AM »
Here's the vision of Ivan post-game cleaning up the Richmond room ...

VIDEO: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/watch-footage-of-richmond-ruckman-ivan-maric-cleaning-rubbish-in-changerooms/story-fni5f9jb-1227378593048

THE vision of Ivan Maric walking around the changerooms putting rubbish in a bin on Saturday night caught many by surprise.

But if you look closely you’ll notice that none of his teammates or the Richmond staff are batting an eyelid.

The reason? They’re used to it. Maric is a clean freak and his obsession with having everything in order is well known at Punt Rd.

On match days it’s the tape used for strapping and empty cups that drive the ruckman mad.

If the staff kitchen is left in a state that is not up to his standard during the week, Maric is not afraid to hunt down those responsible.

In fact, he has been known to send out an email to all staff members informing them about any breakdown in his cleanliness policy.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1571 on: June 02, 2015, 05:58:52 AM »
There I was hoping it was out of respect for the game and an understanding that the game is bigger than any individual or team, and to teach players to be humble he cleans the rooms as a reminder that it's a privilege to play AFL.

Oh well.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1573 on: June 26, 2015, 03:27:12 PM »
Ivan on the AFL website ...

Maric said his focus this year has been improving his second and third efforts, and his average contested possessions (9.0) and clearances (4.64) have lifted to career highs as a result.

He said his past two weeks have been tough, but his form overall has been helped by the Tigers' expanded tall forward line, which now includes Ty Vickery and Ben Griffiths as regular fixtures.

"The ruck support improved and it's a lot better, rather than leaving it to one person to do all the ruck work," he said.

"You can't be doing that for a whole season. You really need to share the load.

"It's helped with my impact on the game definitely because you can go hard, recover, and then come back into it.

"I'm the same as our midfielders, we just want to scrap and fight and just compete, compete week after week. I feel like I've done that pretty good so far."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-26/hot-sauce-deserves-more-credit-in-no1-ruck-debate-maric

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1574 on: June 27, 2015, 04:43:15 AM »
President of St Albans SC, Ivan casually slotting it into the bottom corner  :lol.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-06-26/round-13-ivans-soccer-sealer