Author Topic: Biggest sooky little babies?  (Read 198732 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Biggest sooky little babies?
« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2019, 06:36:35 PM »
LOL they want a best of three now... what is it a war of attrition, team with least injuries by the end wins?  stuff me dead what a bunch of desperado's
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: October 05, 2019, 07:10:47 PM »
Kochie, you need to make the top 8 before you should be thinking anything to do with the grandfinal
Kochie should change their theme song to 'We're never gonna stop stop stop until we're tenth tenth tenth'  :wallywink

Over the past 7 seasons, Benny Gale has helped to not only turn us around but also into a superpower. Meanwhile under Koch, Port are still stuck in the same mediocrity they were when Kochie took over in 2013.

Port has turned into Tigers of old

Michelangelo Rucci,
The Advertiser
5 Oct 2019

Port Adelaide is the old Richmond, the AFL club trapped in the “death zone” as president David Koch puts it.

Since the 2007 grand final disaster, the Power has in 12 seasons ranked 10th five times (2009, 2010, 2016, 2018 and 2019) and ninth once (2015) while the AFL has expanded to 18 teams.

And these underwhelming results come from a fully funded football program since 2013 when Koch was the AFL’s hand-picked man to stop the Port Adelaide Football Club from needing to be rebranded, relocated and refitted away from SANFL control to satisfy the AFL’s agenda.

“We have to figure out how we get out of that ‘death zone’ between seventh down to probably 13th (on the AFL ladder),” Koch said 12 months ago.

“We’re mediocre ... we’ve got to have a ruthlessness ...”

A year later, Port Adelaide is ... 10th, again. The old Richmond ninth.

Imagine if Koch, in his true salesman style, started Port Adelaide’s 150th anniversary next year declaring that by 2027 (the 30th year of the Power in the AFL) his club would be free of its debt ($9 million-$12 million, depending on who is counting), had 70,000 members and had won three national titles.

Many would laugh - just as they did with Richmond in 2010.

The “death zone” has a vice-like grip on Port Adelaide. Someone at Alberton - as Gale was at Punt Road - needs to be as adventurous as the club was in 1990 when it had the ambition to be in the big time.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/rucci-on-saturday-port-adelaide-has-turned-into-the-old-ninth-richmond-tigers/news-story/81de8de0325cc7138b2fa22a04e8ffe7

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2019, 08:41:40 PM »
shelldon hanson @ShelldoHanson
every club trying every thing to come up with a way to stop the Tiger Rampage over the next 5 years from happening at least

Ricky Nixon @rickynixontoot

It will be stopped in Nov this year when AFL is forced to give them an appropriate fixture

https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot/status/1181103841833406464

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2019, 09:23:07 PM »
Also said we wouldn't win another flag for 30 years after 2017....was only off by 28 years..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2019, 09:33:48 PM »
Gotta love the Dawks wanker in the replies saying we'd shyte the bed if we had the draws they copped during their three flags....yeah it wasn't like the umpires were sucking them off every week instead of bending them over like they have us  #freekickhawthorn :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2019, 09:55:26 PM »
I love it.

The more Nixon doubts us/talks poo about us, the more confident I am about where we are at  ;D

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: October 09, 2019, 08:18:34 AM »
Nixon is Mr Irrelevant in footy now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #277 on: October 09, 2019, 03:14:29 PM »
At the start of the season, he said we'd finish in the bottom 10 this year :stupid. Just another Richmond hater baiter. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2019, 12:48:53 AM »
Richard Nixon is the biggest of in AFL history.
Go Tigers!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: October 11, 2019, 07:09:12 AM »
Did Chris Scott ever come out and congratulate us on our premiership win?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2019, 07:56:48 AM »
Who cares I hope he doesn't the flog

Let's hope he is out of a job soon so we don't have to hear his teary voice anymore

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2019, 09:32:00 AM »
Did Chris Scott ever come out and congratulate us on our premiership win?
No, but he potted our 2017 flag.

Who cares I hope he doesn't the flog

Let's hope he is out of a job soon so we don't have to hear his teary voice anymore
I hope he stays. His meltdown after we knocked em out in the prelim was one of the highlights of the year. He's great entertainment, and ensure's Geelong remain pretenders.

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/video/2019-09-21/chris-scott-postmatch

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2019, 09:43:59 AM »
How are we going to stop Stevens if they add him to their already star studded lineup.

The thing that gets lost in our flag win, is that if Tomahawk plays, they probably beat us (the 21 point H/T margin would have been at least a couple of goals more), then they would have won the flag.  :lol

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2019, 01:23:50 PM »
Geelong is stuffed.

Ablett + Taylor finished, Selwood, Hawkins and Danger not far behind. Stevens probably beyond his prime and a little washed up.

This is a team that is desperately trying to win a flag before the inevitable rebuild, but IMO they just don't quite have the talent. I'm enjoying watching them scramble to get over the line though as it's only going to hurt them for the next decade :)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2019, 08:58:50 PM »
Geelong is stuffed.

Ablett + Taylor finished, Selwood, Hawkins and Danger not far behind. Stevens probably beyond his prime and a little washed up.

This is a team that is desperately trying to win a flag before the inevitable rebuild, but IMO they just don't quite have the talent. I'm enjoying watching them scramble to get over the line though as it's only going to hurt them for the next decade :)
I agree Andy.
I think they might drop down next year to 7 or 8th.
Giving Taylor another year is sad IMO.
HE IS FINISHED.