Author Topic: Coburg vs Frankston - 2nd Elimination Final (ABC TV game)  (Read 7740 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg vs Frankston - 2nd Elimination Final (ABC TV game)
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2008, 10:19:15 PM »
Season over

Does Jade Rawlings have any emotion in his body. compare the 3 quarter time address of lovett to that of Jade's.

FFS get rid of him, he is useless.

JON and Howatt have shown why they will never be AFL players.

Tivers and cogs needed to stand up in the last and did nothing, nada.
Finally given up on getting TW the flick, daniel, and started on Rawlings? I think he talks quite well and a coach should not have to rev up his side of 12 afl listed players to beat a non-aligned side :-[ And by the way Jon and Howat have already been AFL players, so i guess your call of them never being one is a little incorrect.

read it again and slowly you silly man.

JON and Howatt will NEVER be AFL players. They are VFL players at best and any game they played for the RFC were of VFl standard.

they are a joke.

as for Wallace not giving up just yet, although it might be better to see how he goes the first 6 games next year. He is useless and weak and we will not make it to top 4 with him as our coach. Top 8 perhaps.

I dont want to pay mr solarium out any more than what we have done already. Let him earn every cent.

so tell me your happy with what Rawlings has done this year at Coburg? Are you?

idiot
Daniel,
         Have you ever played/coached aussie rules in any grade? You have consisitently bagged all that is Richmond all year. You always seem to be able to pull a negative out of any situation. One gets the feeling that you would rather see us lose just so as to prove yourself right. it is not difficult to sit in an anonymous cover and talk about how these blokes should get the sack as eventually they will leave and you'll be saying how you predicted it all. And one other thing, don't ever sling poohe unless you you want some to come back your way! If you give be prepared to cop some back.

As Mohommed Ali once said, " The empty apple cart makes the most noise." Your apple cart has been empty for a long time!

this is going to offend some people but im sorry to say i have bagged everything RFc is a disgraceful comment.
are you a fu.kwit? actually dont answer that i know you are.
to say i have bagged everything Richmond shows exactly that you have no idea and cannot read english you Illiterate dumb prik.

I only bag the team when idiots like you praise the efforts of sub standard footballers like Patto, Petrified, Schulz, Mcmahon, and captain useless.

i have only got praise for the likes of Richo, Morton, Moore, Lids, Tuck, and even kingy and schulz at times. They try their gutz out week in week out, no question. Bowden had a great last half as did Tucky.

if only we had 22 Richo's we would be top 4 every year.

Schulz showed good promise in some games this year, mcmahon until he performs in big games when the pressure is on i will never be happy with.

So again i ask you go over my posts before you comment on something you have absolutely no fricken idea about it. :clapping

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2008, 10:25:47 PM »
Rawlings coaches and conducts himself like a man who couldn't care less. if i was listening to him at 3 quarter time i would seriously consider grabbing a pillow and falling asleep. Boring as all get out.

Well seeing that his 3rd qtr address wasnt' shown how would you know what he said?

One of the things about the "addresses" that appear on the ABC is sometimes you miss the best bits ;) If a coach gets out there before the cameras do you don't hear everything.  ;)

I've been to most Coburg games and can tell you he is very good at revving the guys up... his address at 3qtr time in the Willi game was amazing

Daniel i am interested to see if you have been to any Coburg games this year?

Would think unless you are involved in the club that it is very hard to have any idea on what type of coach Rawlings is.

Sure you can have an opinion, but it doesnt mean that its right.  :wallywink

So true TFL

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2008, 10:28:20 PM »
Rawlings coaches and conducts himself like a man who couldn't care less. if i was listening to him at 3 quarter time i would seriously consider grabbing a pillow and falling asleep. Boring as all get out.

Well seeing that his 3rd qtr address wasnt' shown how would you know what he said?

One of the things about the "addresses" that appear on the ABC is sometimes you miss the best bits ;) If a coach gets out there before the cameras do you don't hear everything.  ;)

I've been to most Coburg games and can tell you he is very good at revving the guys up... his address at 3qtr time in the Willi game was amazing

Daniel i am interested to see if you have been to any Coburg games this year?

Would think unless you are involved in the club that it is very hard to have any idea on what type of coach Rawlings is.

Sure you can have an opinion, but it doesnt mean that its right.  :wallywink

So true TFL

Lovetts was and Rawlings was quarter time.

So tell me you like rawelings is that right?

everyone on here thinks Coburg is as well under him as they did under Collins.

please give me a break
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2008, 10:43:32 PM »
I dont believe that Coburgs primary focus should be winning flags, although that would be good. As far as Im concerned, the primary role of Coburg is to prepare our young players for senior battle down the track. Therefore the decision on whether or not a coach stays or goes at Coburg, shouldnt be based on whether he gives a good rev ... it should be based on how well he has prepared young listed Richmond for senior battle. So the question is - has Rawlings prepared our young listed players properly. Has Conners advanced. Has Rance advanced? Has Collins improved? etc etc. If the answer is yes then I reckon he stays, if not he goes. Thats just my opinion and its probably wrong, but the focus needs to be on Richmond success not Coburg success.

Tigermonk

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2008, 08:15:13 AM »
Big job & very hard to coach any side thats alligned with a AFL club
Its easier to coach a non AFL aligned club because you got your players every week & can put more into your planing
l give credit to anyone who takes on the job of coaching clubs like Coburg.
You can plan all week & at the last minute before the game lose vital players to the league club (Richmond)
Even harder when players are dropping back & those that are not 100% fit & playing pushing fit players back to reserves grade, even missing a game that weekend
l'm very surprised Coburg both sides were beaten on the weekend & that some Richmond listed players l'm told put in poor efforts but l wouldnot go blaming a coach of these sides for loses.
Give Jade Rawlings some credit where due, his not one of my favorite coaches, but his task to coach at this level is hard.
What l'm trying to say here is this is why l believe non AFL aligned clubs get a edge on the aligned clubs is that they dont have players trying to out do eachother to make the next level & are focused on the team itself & winning comes more natraul.

Now shoot me for saying this but its just my own opinion.

Conners to me is not a team player & is purely playing for his own glory than playing for the team at times. When l seen him do the team things he plays very well. Someone needs to seriously get him to focus on the team things & he will be a much better player.
l would trade him & try get a early draft pick cause we got many players like him more focused as l dont see him playing alot of games & thats a big call that could backfire at me. He will be the player that will make way for the likes of Raines, Coughlan, Polo,

fire away

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2008, 10:18:40 AM »
Conners to me is not a team player & is purely playing for his own glory than playing for the team at times. When l seen him do the team things he plays very well. Someone needs to seriously get him to focus on the team things & he will be a much better player.
l would trade him & try get a early draft pick cause we got many players like him more focused as l dont see him playing alot of games & thats a big call that could backfire at me. He will be the player that will make way for the likes of Raines, Coughlan, Polo,
That's pretty funny coming from the #1 fan of the most selfish player at Richmond

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »
[]
Season over

Does Jade Rawlings have any emotion in his body. compare the 3 quarter time address of lovett to that of Jade's.

FFS get rid of him, he is useless.

JON and Howatt have shown why they will never be AFL players.

Tivers and cogs needed to stand up in the last and did nothing, nada.
[/quote]
Finally given up on getting TW the flick, daniel, and started on Rawlings? I think he talks quite well and a coach should not have to rev up his side of 12 afl listed players to beat a non-aligned side :-[ And by the way Jon and Howat have already been AFL players, so i guess your call of them never being one is a little incorrect.
[/quote]

read it again and slowly you silly man.

JON and Howatt will NEVER be AFL players. They are VFL players at best and any game they played for the RFC were of VFl standard.

they are a joke.

as for Wallace not giving up just yet, although it might be better to see how he goes the first 6 games next year. He is useless and weak and we will not make it to top 4 with him as our coach. Top 8 perhaps.

I dont want to pay mr solarium out any more than what we have done already. Let him earn every cent.

so tell me your happy with what Rawlings has done this year at Coburg? Are you?

idiot
[/quote]
Daniel,
         Have you ever played/coached aussie rules in any grade? You have consisitently bagged all that is Richmond all year. You always seem to be able to pull a negative out of any situation. One gets the feeling that you would rather see us lose just so as to prove yourself right. it is not difficult to sit in an anonymous cover and talk about how these blokes should get the sack as eventually they will leave and you'll be saying how you predicted it all. And one other thing, don't ever sling poohe unless you you want some to come back your way! If you give be prepared to cop some back.

As Mohommed Ali once said, " The empty apple cart makes the most noise." Your apple cart has been empty for a long time!

[/quote]

this is going to offend some people but im sorry to say i have bagged everything RFc is a disgraceful comment.
are you a effwit? actually dont answer that i know you are.
to say i have bagged everything Richmond shows exactly that you have no idea and cannot read english you Illiterate dumb prik.

I only bag the team when idiots like you praise the efforts of sub standard footballers like Patto, Petrified, Schulz, Mcmahon, and captain useless.

i have only got praise for the likes of Richo, Morton, Moore, Lids, Tuck, and even kingy and schulz at times. They try their gutz out week in week out, no question. Bowden had a great last half as did Tucky.

if only we had 22 Richo's we would be top 4 every year.

Schulz showed good promise in some games this year, mcmahon until he performs in big games when the pressure is on i will never be happy with.

So again i ask you go over my posts before you comment on something you have absolutely no fricken idea about it. :clapping

[/quote]
You failed to answer my question, have you ever played/slashed coached before? I have been there and done that and therefore have sympathy for anyone who pulls on a jumper and tries to compete at an elite level against another 18 players of elite standing. You need courage just to run onto the ground. I fear you have never played, thus the ignorant questioning of footballers and coaches abilities. Now you are beginning to get a little personal just because someone does not agree with your posts. If you want to call someone an efff wit for not liking your posts then don't put them up. Your apple cart is starting to rattle a bit more louder now!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2008, 04:25:56 PM »
Go for a nice walk or perhaps buy a tasty ice cream.

Smashas cheer me up tips!

This might cheer you all up.

http://www.hotforwords.com/2008/09/07/jacuzzi/

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »
Go for a nice walk or perhaps buy a tasty ice cream.

Smashas cheer me up tips!

This might cheer you all up.

http://www.hotforwords.com/2008/09/07/jacuzzi/
Thanks smasha, passionate game this Aussie Rules think il'll take those tips up! ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2008, 01:38:21 AM »
Match Report 2nd Elimination Final
coburgtigers.com.au
By Glenn Robertson

Coburg travelled over to TEAC Oval in Port Melbourne on Saturday to take on Frankston in a do or die match, with the loser eliminated. Both teams fielded strong sides with their full lists to choose from, but the Burgers were slight favourites heading into the match, even though the Dolphins had beaten them earlier in the year.

After a very entertaining first half of football it seemed as though the Burgers would advance into next weeks semi final. The boys were linking up and running the ball through the centre of the ground with ease, it was a treat for the supporters to watch. But things didn’t go their way in the second half, and Frankston ended the match ahead by a solitary goal.

Both sides showed early nerves as the game got underway, but then steadied to provide the onlookers an entertaining first term. It was goal for goal with the Burgers finishing the quarter with a slender five point lead.
¼ Time: Coburg Tigers 4.3 (27)   Frankston 3.4 (22)

Fort Caruso was instrumental in Coburg’s forward line, putting in his best display for the season in a near best on ground display. Fort set up numerous Burger scoring opportunities, picking up the ball and roving packs with ease. The small forward also finished with four creative goals of his own.

The Burgers were outstanding in the second term booting six majors, while keeping the Dolphins to only three. The boys used the ball all over the ground very smartly and took a very healthy twenty-five point lead into the main break.
½ Time: Coburg Tigers 10.6 (66)   Frankston 6.5 (41)

Cleve Hughes joined teammate Fort Caruso in kicking four goals for the Burgers in the second half, while Tiger star Mark Coughlan again impressed with twenty-four touches and two majors. Frankston were slowly pegging back the lead when things got extremely heated and a massive brawl broke out. The fight lasted several minutes and involved almost every player on the ground. Unfortunately for the Tigers, Frankston settled first after the big scuffle and turned a twenty-five point half time deficit into a five point lead going into the last change.
3/4 Time: Coburg Tigers 12.8 (80)   Frankston 12.13 (85)

Ruckman Tristan Cartledge was very influential in the middle of the ground for the Burgers and won a year high twenty-two ‘effective hitouts’ to his on-ball brigade. Cam Howat was also one of the Burgers best playing off a wing and through the middle of the ground. Nick Liddle and Ben Clifton also put in fantastic efforts that almost got the Burgers over the line. Sadly Frankston kept the lead in the last term, and finished the match in front by six points.

In the end it wasn’t the Burgers who played badly, it was the Dolphins who were just the better side in the second half. All twenty-two Coburg players can hold their heads high, but unfortunately the boys will be on the sidelines now cheering on the Reserves to get across the line this week and then again in the Grand Final.

Coburg Tigers        4.3 10.6  12.8   14.11 (95)
Frankston Dolphins 3.4   6.5 12.13 14.17 (101)

Goal Kickers: F. Caruso 4, C. Hughes 4, M. Coughlan 2, C. Collard 2, T. Cartledge, D. Connors

Best Players: F. Caruso, C. Howat, T. Cartledge, B. Clifton, N. Liddle, D. Polo

RESERVES

After going through the home and away season without dropping a game, the Burger reserves found the tough going on Saturday, as a fired up Williamstown side overcame a half time deficit to record a ten goal win.

Coburg were up by three goals at halftime, although Williamstown had more scoring shots on the board. In the second half Williamstown were just too good.

Nick Lynch was the Burgers only multiple goal kicker with three majors, while Shaun Huy, Steve Foster and Matt Davis were Coburg’s best on the day.

The Burger boys will look to regroup during the week and come out firing against Box Hill on Sunday in the Preliminary final at TEAC Oval. The game starts at 10.20am.

Coburg Tigers   2.2  7.6    8.7    9.10 (64)
Williamstown    2.7 3.13 10.17 18.22 (130)

Goal Kickers: N. Lynch 3, M. Farrelly, J. De Sousa, C. Corr, T. Dulic, G. Carrick, J. Jones

Best Players: S. Huy, S. Foster, M. Davis, N. Lynch, M. Farrelly, D. Gourdis

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-118-10471-0-0&sID=56260&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=6517194&sectionID=56260

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2008, 12:31:41 PM »
Rawlings EOTT report on the Frankston game is up on the RFC site. Most players got "did okay .... but ....".

http://210.50.4.102/rfc/