Author Topic: Tigers pounce on playing North Melbourne away at Bellerive (Mercury)  (Read 2688 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Tigers pounce on playing North Melbourne away at Bellerive (Mercury)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 07:10:31 AM »
Despite our wishlists, I think it's fair to say we all suspect its somewhat inevitable that North will end up as the single team in Tassie.

The Richmond deal would have damaged that long term possibility. It would have worked so well it would undermine the relocation of any minnow team like North, and their ability to convince the locals that they are 'Tasmania'.

Give it 5 years, it will happen. Tasmania Kangaroos in blue, white and green.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 07:12:34 AM »
the trouble is to many selfish people and no effing vision.

Has nothing to do with being selfish

Facts are we not able to sell home games to Tassie, that little deal has gone to N0rt. So there is no point in sooking about "we should  have sold homes games to tassie", so let's get over it. We tried, the AFL said no.

Simply it is more beneficial to the comp if the RFC is the club that sells games to newer markets - because we are a big club. So in a place like Cairns we will bring the crowd, if it was N0rt they wouldn't. In Tassie being a footy state the who isn't as important

Bottom line is we have sold 2 HOME games Darwin & Cairns

My agrument is this: in 2011 we travel interstate 6 times. 2 as home games, 4 as away games. We are now putting our hand up to play as the away team in Tassie and I might add by extensioon "help" those who we shouldn't be helping because simply the pathetic excuse of a footy club in N0rt don't desevere ours or anyone elses help

The club needs to be very careful in wanting to play all over the country. Fine to put your hand up but you do it on the provisio that we play no more than 4 away interstate games. And if you do that I ask again if we play as the away team in Tassie which lot of our other interstate members have to miss out? Perhaps tiga in Sydney, Julz & Mopsy in Qld, WAT in WA??? You run the risk of dis-infranchising so many people

Finally, in simplistic terms whether people want to admit it or not the bulk of members $$$ comes from its supporter base in Victoria. What about the impact on them? And please don't use the argument about the replacement games. Yep nice to have them but I don't get to sit in my normal reserve seat, don't get the extra benefits of the coterie I pay for so it isn't the same and it isn't as good.

Keep wanting to play interstate for the sake of it do it at your peril. So as I said originally CLub needs to be very careful in what it wishes/asks for

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 07:17:24 AM »
the trouble is to many selfish people and no effing vision.

Finally, in simplistic terms whether people want to admit it or not the bulk of members $$$ comes from its supporter base in Victoria. What about the impact on them? And please don't use the argument about the replacement games. Yep nice to have them but I don't get to sit in my normal reserve seat, don't get the extra benefits of the coterie I pay for so it isn't the same and it isn't as good.

:clapping

Ill add to that, if Richmond is so important, get your @Rses to Melbourne to watch a few games! Easy!

gerkin greg

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 12:40:38 PM »
With the addition of 2 new interstate sides better get used to playing 6 or more games away from Victoria every year. This aint Kansas anymore Toto.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 03:11:44 PM »
With the addition of 2 new interstate sides better get used to playing 6 or more games away from Victoria every year. This aint Kansas anymore Toto.

Now look 'ere you albino wop, just follow the yellow brick road south to the pot o' gold, aka the Hume Hwy.

Get used to it.  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »
Richmond wants to play North Melbourne in Hobart

James Bresnehan
    June 10, 2011 11:29AM

RICHMOND has put up its hand to be North Melbourne's first opponent at Bellerive Oval next season, setting up an AFL blockbuster for the Kangaroos' debut in Hobart and a super home-coming for Tassie Tiger Jack Riewoldt.

Tigers CEO Brendon Gale said yesterday Richmond would be happy to play in Hobart because of the club's strong connection to Tasmania.

"We'd be delighted to play North Melbourne in Hobart," Mr Gale said.

"We have a strong association with the state.

"We've got some great former players from Tassie and we've got a great one playing out of the square at the moment in Jack Riewoldt.

"And it's his home ground because he came from Clarence."

Bellerive Oval operator Cricket Tasmania believes the Tigers would be a drawcard.

"That game would be the hottest ticket in town," Cricket Tasmania chairman Tony Harrison said.

"Our challenge would be how to accommodate all the people but that's a challenge we welcome."

Yesterday, Hawthorn CEO Stuart Fox said his club backed a Kangaroos-Hawks North-South derby next year, which would create the likelihood of two sell-out matches in the state's south.

Harrison said Richmond was one of the teams in the running to play at Bellerive when Cricket Tasmania started its search for an AFL tenant last year.

"Brendon was one of the first people from an AFL club who contacted me initially wanting to play here," Mr Harrison said.

"They've got Jack Riewoldt in their team and Tasmanian connections back to Royce Hart. It would be a fantastic launching pad for AFL football at Bellerive."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-wants-to-play-north-melbourne-in-hobart/story-e6frf9jf-1226072926341

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 03:47:16 PM »

You're correct gerks but instead of the Tigers volunteering to go all around the country to fliy the AFL flag might I suggest the morons at Docklands share the load more evenly and send the likes of the Pies & Bombers insterstate a few more times  ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 03:54:13 PM »
oh I see, trying to shunt the filth and the scum onto the rest of Australia? we're not your toilet. keep Australia beautiful.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 03:59:08 PM »
oh I see, trying to shunt the filth and the scum onto the rest of Australia? we're not your toilet. keep Australia beautiful.

:rollin

:thumbsup