Author Topic: Richmond list analysis: Tigers’ premiership window is open .... (Herald-Sun)  (Read 12037 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

dont celebrate too much if the tigers ever win a flag, its just a game  :shh

I think the ability to not get dragged in by all the negatives and let it consume you but then turn around and thoroughly celebrate a flag is the most mentally and emotionally mature response. But nah let's just be negative all the time

Are you also hoping not to get dragged in by the rumours that Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy are a lie because it's not what you want to hear? We intellectual adults of course know them not to be true. We also know we aren't going to win a flag in the next decade or so given the current state, and the likelihood ongoing poor decisions. We choose not to accept this.

We care for what is true. What is noble. Self integrity.

Others care for what is not the full truth. What is easy. What gives them the most comfort but what is also full of PR and falsehoods.

We all know the Santa isn't real, we don't choose to ignore it (much like the likelihood of winning a premiership) but no one seems to be sooking about Santa not being real because life goes on, you can't control it and you manage to get through Christmas and have a good time anyway. Why can't you do the same about footy? Why have the sulks and bag and complain about everything the club does? I just hope one day you'll be able to sit down and actually enjoy footy instead of letting it consume you 

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

I think the ability to not get dragged in by all the negatives and let it consume you but then turn around and thoroughly celebrate a flag is the most mentally and emotionally mature response. But nah let's just be negative all the time

Are you also hoping not to get dragged in by the rumours that Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy are a lie because it's not what you want to hear? We intellectual adults of course know them not to be true. We also know we aren't going to win a flag in the next decade or so given the current state, and the likelihood ongoing poor decisions. We choose not to accept this.

Others care for what is not the full truth. What is easy. What gives them the most comfort but what is also full of PR and falsehoods.

We all know the Santa isn't real, we don't choose to ignore it (much like the likelihood of winning a premiership) but no one seems to be sooking about Santa not being real because life goes on, you can't control it and you manage to get through Christmas and have a good time anyway. Why can't you do the same about footy? Why have the sulks and bag and complain about everything the club does? I just hope one day you'll be able to sit down and actually enjoy footy instead of letting it consume you

That's cute.

In what world is does accepting reality and discussing it, constitute sooking? 
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
That's it's your reality compared to someone else's might be one reason.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

That's cute.

If you can't figure out where the line is drawn then that pretty much proves my point. Not everything is as bad as it seems bro, we're all here for you

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
The Great Pumpkin is real.

We are the Great Pumpkin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

That's cute.

If you can't figure out where the line is drawn then that pretty much proves my point. Not everything is as bad as it seems bro, we're all here for you

That's your perception.

Don't worry. Santa will bring you a Richmond Premiership.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

That's cute.

That's your perception.

Do you bring Santa and the Easter bunny up to your mum every family dinner? God forbid you could let it go and look at the positives. But I assume you're the type that still hold a grudge because she grounded you for staying out past your bedtime.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

That's cute.

That's your perception.

Do you bring Santa and the Easter bunny up to your mum every family dinner? God forbid you could let it go and look at the positives. But I assume you're the type that still hold a grudge because she grounded you for staying out past your bedtime.

:lol you loser
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Everything is awful and I won't let you try and tell me otherwise >:(

Dougeytherichmondfan

Everyone here deep down believes that we might win the premiership in an upcoming season. To suggest otherwise is nonsense, folly and rubbish. Go Tigers  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
MT's List Analysis - update 25/11/2015

Notes (01/11/2015):
* Most of our nine retirements/delistings came from our 23+ year old prime and oldies groups (exceptions: Arnot & McDonough)
* No KPPs/rucks were cut.
* All retirees/delistees were small and midsized midfielder & flanker types. Tallest was Dea (187cm).
* Prime age group is smaller but those cut had no-to-little gametime in 2015.
* Expect us to go small with our first pick. Either another inside/outside midfielder or a small forward. (Tick)

Added notes (25/11/2015):
* Added a small forward, medium forward and a '3rd tall'/rebounding defender.
* Expect us to pick up another inside mid and another ruckman in the rookie draft.

Age - as of April 2016 (start of the season)

30: Maric (154), Chaplin (207)
-------------------------------------------
29: Deledio (232)
28: Grigg (147), Hampson (78 )
27: Edwards (168 ), Houli (137), Morris (78 ), Riewoldt (180)
26: Cotchin (153), Lloyd (20), Rance (130)
25: Astbury (41), Hunt (86), Vickery (102), Yarran (119)
24: Batchelor (75), Griffiths (48 ), Grimes (63), Lambert (13), Martin (131), Miles (46), Moore (55)
23: Broad (-), Conca (74), Elton (2)
22: B.Ellis (88), McIntosh (23), Townsend (28 ), Vlastuin (61)
21: McBean (2)
20: Drummond (1), Lennon (16), McKenzie (-), Short# (-), Soldo# (-)
19: Butler (-), C.Ellis (6), Markov (-), Menadue (5), Rioli (-), Castagna# (-)

Oldies: 2 (+1 from 2014)
Prime: 24  (-3)
Youth: 16 (+1) .... we have 3 rookie draft picks to come.

Experience

200+ games:  2 (no change from 2014)
150-199:       4 (-)
100-149:       6 (-2)
50-99:          9 (+1)
25-49:          4 (-1)
1-25:            9 (+2)
Yet to debut:  8 + new draftees (-2)  .... we have 3 rookie draft picks to come.

Height (cm)

Rucks       (200+):     6 - Soldo# (204), McBean* (202), Hampson (201), Griffiths (200), Maric (200), Vickery (200)

Big KPPs    (195-199):  5 - Elton (197), McKenzie (197), Astbury (195), Riewoldt (195), Chaplin (195)

KPPs        (191-194):  4 - Rance (194), Grimes (193), McIntosh** (192), Broad** (191cm)

Tall Mids   (186-190): 10 - Grigg (190), Moore (189), Batchelor (188 ), Deledio (188 ), Lennon (188 ), Markov (188 ), Martin (187), Townsend (187), Vlastuin (187), Menadue (187)

Mids        (181-185): 10 - Conca (185), Cotchin (185), Morris (185), C.Ellis (184), Hunt (184), Butler (182), Drummond (182), Edwards (182), B.Ellis (181), Castagna# (181)

Smalls      (sub 180):  7 - Houli (180), Lloyd (180), Rioli (180), Yarran (180), Miles (179), Lambert (178 ), Short# (177)

*   more a key forward.
** more a utility type.

Weight (kg)

100+:   6 - Hampson (106), McKenzie (104), Soldo# (104), Maric (102), Griffiths (102), Elton (100)

95-99:  4 - Vickery (98 ), Chaplin (97), Rance (96), Astbury (95)

90-94:  3 - McBean (93), Riewoldt (92), Martin (90)

85-89:  9 - Deledio (89), Grimes (89), McIntosh (89), Townsend (89), Batchelor (88 ), Moore (87), Grigg (86), Vlastuin (86), Drummond (86)

80-84: 11 - Cotchin (85), Houli (84), B.Ellis (84), Broad (83), Conca (83), Lloyd (83), Morris (83), Yarran (83), Edwards (81), Butler (80), Miles (80)

sub80:  9 - Hunt (78 ), Castagna# (78 ), Lennon (77), Markov (76), C.Ellis (75), Lambert (75), Short# (72), Rioli (71), Menadue (69)

Positions (- cut, + added)

Small/medium defenders:  Houli, Morris, Vlastuin, Batchelor, Drummond (-2)

Tall defenders: Rance, Grimes, Chaplin, Astbury (0)

Utilities: Broad, McIntosh (+1)

Swingmen: Elton, Yarran (-1, +1)

Inside Midfielders: Miles, Townsend (-2, +1)

Inside/outside mids: Cotchin, Martin, Edwards, Grigg, Lambert, C.Ellis, Moore (-1, +1)

Outside Midfielders: Deledio, B.Ellis, Conca, Hunt, Menadue (0)

Small/medium forwards: Lennon, Lloyd, Butler, Rioli, Markov (-3, +2)

Tall forwards: Riewoldt, Vickery, Griffiths, McBean, McKenzie (0)

Rucks: Maric, Hampson, Soldo# (0)

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
good man mt  :clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
bump , mt
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Final update:

MT's List Analysis - update 29/11/2015

Notes (01/11/2015):
* Most of our nine retirements/delistings came from our 23+ year old prime and oldies groups (exceptions: Arnot & McDonough)
* No KPPs/rucks were cut.
* All retirees/delistees were small and midsized midfielder & flanker types. Tallest was Dea (187cm).
* Prime age group is smaller but those cut had no-to-little gametime in 2015.
* Expect us to go small with our first pick. Either another inside/outside midfielder or a small forward. (Tick)

Added notes (25/11/2015):
* Added a small forward, medium forward and a '3rd tall'/rebounding defender.
* Expect us to pick up another inside mid and another ruckman in the rookie draft. (Tick)

Added notes (29/11/2015):
* Finalised list for 2016 by adding a midfielder, ruckman/forward & a tall utility as rookies.
* All up recruited five more mature 22-25 y.o. players and four 19 y.o. kids.

Age - as of April 2016 (start of the season)

30: Maric (154), Chaplin (207)
29: Deledio (232)
28: Grigg (147), Hampson (78 )
27: Edwards (168 ), Houli (137), Morris (78 ), Riewoldt (180)
26: Cotchin (153), Lloyd (20), Rance (130)
25: Astbury (41), Hunt (86), Vickery (102), Yarran (119)
24: Batchelor (75), Griffiths (48 ), Grimes (63), Lambert (13), Martin (131), Miles (46), A.Moore (55)
23: Broad (-), Conca (74), Elton (2), Marcon# (-)
22: B.Ellis (88), McIntosh (23), Townsend (28 ), Vlastuin (61)
21: McBean (2)
20: Drummond (1), Lennon (16), McKenzie (-), Short# (-), Soldo# (-)
19: Butler (-), C.Ellis (6), Markov (-), Menadue (5), Rioli (-), Castagna# (-), C.Moore# (-), Chol# (-)

Oldies: 2 (+1 from 2014)
Prime: 25  (-2)
Youth: 18 (+3)

Experience

200+ games:  2 (no change from 2014)
150-199:       4 (-)
100-149:       6 (-2)
50-99:          9 (+1)
25-49:          4 (-1)
1-25:            9 (+2)
Yet to debut: 11 (+1) 

Height (cm)

Rucks       (200+):     6 - Soldo# (204), McBean* (202), Hampson (201), Griffiths (200), Maric (200), Vickery (200)

Big KPPs    (195-199):  6 - Chol# (198), Elton (197), McKenzie (197), Astbury (195), Riewoldt (195), Chaplin (195)

KPPs        (191-194):  5 - Rance (194), Grimes (193), C.Moore# (193), McIntosh** (192), Broad** (191cm)

Tall Mids   (186-190): 10 - Grigg (190), A.Moore (189), Batchelor (188 ), Deledio (188 ), Lennon (188 ), Markov (188 ), Martin (187), Townsend (187), Vlastuin (187), Menadue (187)

Mids        (181-185): 10 - Conca (185), Cotchin (185), Morris (185), C.Ellis (184), Hunt (184), Butler (182), Drummond (182), Edwards (182), B.Ellis (181), Castagna# (181)

Smalls      (sub 180):  8 - Houli (180), Lloyd (180), Rioli (180), Yarran (180), Marcon# (180), Miles (179), Lambert (178 ), Short# (177)

*   more a key forward.
** more a utility type.

Weight (kg)

100+:   6 - Hampson (106), McKenzie (104), Soldo# (104), Maric (102), Griffiths (102), Elton (100)

95-99:  4 - Vickery (98 ), Chaplin (97), Rance (96), Astbury (95)

90-94:  3 - McBean (93), Riewoldt (92), Martin (90)

85-89: 10 - Deledio (89), Grimes (89), McIntosh (89), Townsend (89), Batchelor (88 ), A.Moore (87), C.Moore (87), Grigg (86), Vlastuin (86), Drummond (86)

80-84: 13 - Cotchin (85), Houli (84), B.Ellis (84), Broad (83), Conca (83), Lloyd (83), Morris (83), Yarran (83), Edwards (81), Chol# (81), Butler (80), Miles (80), Marcon (80)

sub80:  9 - Hunt (78 ), Castagna# (78 ), Lennon (77), Markov (76), C.Ellis (75), Lambert (75), Short# (72), Rioli (71), Menadue (69)

Positions (- cut, + added)

Small/medium defenders:  Houli, Morris, Vlastuin, Batchelor, Drummond, Castagna# (-2)

Tall defenders: Rance, Grimes, Chaplin, Astbury (0)

Utilities: Broad, McIntosh, C.Moore# (+2)

Swingmen: Elton, Yarran (-1, +1)

Inside Midfielders: Miles, Townsend (-2, +1)

Inside/outside mids: Cotchin, Martin, Edwards, Grigg, Lambert, C.Ellis, A.Moore, Marcon# (-1, +2)

Outside Midfielders: Deledio, B.Ellis, Conca, Hunt, Menadue, Short# (0)

Small/medium forwards: Lennon, Lloyd, Butler, Rioli, Markov (-3, +2)

Tall forwards: Riewoldt, McBean, McKenzie (0)

Ruck/Forwards: Vickery, Griffiths, Chol# (+1)

Rucks: Maric, Hampson, Soldo# (0)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd