Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 245123 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #420 on: October 30, 2010, 12:08:21 AM »
Based on the past two weeks Brisbane are way ahead of Adelaide. United were outplayed by the Victory after 15 minutes and it was one way traffic after half-time with 2-1 flattering Adelaide. It could've/should've been 6-1. That's 10 straight wins by the Victory over Adelaide as well which is an Australian soccer national league record for our 'still pining for the NSL' friends out there  ;D. Now that's owning another side  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #421 on: October 30, 2010, 05:24:47 PM »
On the local derby here - stadium has never had 30k in it for any a league match. from what i hear there were less than 25k people and alot of those were freebies probably, 80% of whom were either MV supporters or theatre goers going for the event. The fact that the derby didnt sell out was a failure.

On another matter what was that tackle I saw on the news yesterday. One of the Victory players trying to destroy the career of an Adelaide player and didnt cop a red! What an absolute disgrace...the boy should get 12 weeks,  that was a disgraceful and gutless tackle from a player clearly not up to standard. They dont even tackle that bad in the Amateurs!

[/quote]

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #422 on: October 30, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »
That was Surat Sukha and it was right in front of me.  It should have been a red or a free for diving.  it couldnt have been anything else.

Sukha is normally a fair player.  Probably our best last nite.  Kruse was very good.  Vargas held it together down back.  Petovic was very good once he decided to started flying for the corners.  Hernadez was rooted by the end but he remains the brains in our outfit.  Liked Celeski's run and also Broxham when he came on.  Muscat worries me:  he is all steady and cool and calm when playing the ball; but when things get a bit willing he gets way too over the top. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #423 on: October 31, 2010, 07:53:36 PM »
I saw it again on the replay and while it was worth a yellow card it wasn't as bad as people are making out. I didn't hear the Adelaide coach complain about his players committing blatant professional fouls to stop a counterattack by twice hacking Victory players from behind  ::) which also were given yellow cards. The ball was knee high when Sukha went to kick at it before it dropped to ground level. No one would have blinked at if Leckie hadn't come into the game with a bandaged knee.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #424 on: November 01, 2010, 03:04:49 PM »
Few of the boys were at the melbourne victory vs adelaide game on Friday night - Dustin Martin, Jayden Post, Benny Nason and Justin Westoff.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs464.ash2/73744_490783032672_517947672_6785784_5915337_n.jpg

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #425 on: November 01, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »
Muscat worries me:  he is all steady and cool and calm when playing the ball; but when things get a bit willing he gets way too over the top. 
Muscat was always physical and played on the edge but he's got into the habit in the twilight years of his career of trying to throw his weight around in the first 10 minutes to intimidate the opposition and he gives away silly free kicks.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #426 on: November 03, 2010, 02:15:12 PM »
On the local derby here - stadium has never had 30k in it for any a league match. from what i hear there were less than 25k people and alot of those were freebies probably, 80% of whom were either MV supporters or theatre goers going for the event. The fact that the derby didnt sell out was a failure.
On another matter what was that tackle I saw on the news yesterday. One of the Victory players trying to destroy the career of an Adelaide player and didnt cop a red! What an absolute disgrace...the boy should get 12 weeks,  that was a disgraceful and gutless tackle from a player clearly not up to standard. They dont even tackle that bad in the Amateurs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_wXqNegwaU

VENUE : AAMI Park
CROWD : 25897WEATHER : Cloudy
PITCH : Well maintained

Melbourne & Heart had never played before, 25k plus is a good crowd.

Capacity 30,050 - in the future games will be played in front of  90-95%+ full crowd and the place will be buzzing. and people will be not be able to get inot sell out games as as happened before when Melbourne have played in there true home in Richmond. as far back as 2005 vs Sydeny for th 5-0 game.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #427 on: November 14, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »
Brisbane are the most skillful side I have seen in the A-League. They may not win the league as they have a lot of ballplayers and lack height defending set pieces, but watching them play it appears the A-League might be coming of age. Great one touch possession football, constant passing and movement, I never thought I would see an Australian team that played in the same style as Barca (albeit at a much lower level). It is very exciting for the sport in this country....

If its any consolation Ramps, it is your boy Ange who has done this remarkable job.
The Roar can't do anything wrong at the moment. Even after being outplayed for a half they still came from behind to win tonight against Heart. Funny how two of the most criticised coaches are doing well their year - Ange and Arnold with CCM.

The Melbourne sides are going to be lucky to hold onto the last two finals spots. So typical of Victory's season that Kruse gets injured for a month just as Archie comes back and then Fowler decides tonight to finally rediscover form (started with a gift of a penalty) and score a hat-trick  :P.

Ramps

« Reply #428 on: November 16, 2010, 01:21:48 AM »
Arnold cant coach. Postecoglou is the best Australian coach going around at the moment. What can you do! Its the facts! And of course he is another South Melbourne product! HAHAHAHAHAHA

On another matter, I see another outstanding effort from the A League clubs crowd wise

Week 14.

Gold Coast v Sydney: 2,536
Wellington v Central Coast: 5,778
Newcastle v Adelaide: 8,278
Heart v Brisbane: 7,034
Perth v Victory: 6217

LOL  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #429 on: November 16, 2010, 03:40:56 AM »
Arnold can't coach at international level (mind you name a Aussie-born coach whoever could  :P) but he's doing well with CCM so far. As for crowds, Newcastle was decent for their town while we all know GC is a joke thanks to their idiotic owner and should be kicked out of the A-league. I couldn't careless about Heart lol. Still those figures apart from GC are daylight ahead of the old NSL crowds.

I hear Heart have made an offer to South Melbourne to buy a 20% stake in the A-League club. 

Ramps

« Reply #430 on: November 16, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »
Arnold can't coach at international level (mind you name a Aussie-born coach whoever could  :P) but he's doing well with CCM so far. As for crowds, Newcastle was decent for their town while we all know GC is a joke thanks to their idiotic owner and should be kicked out of the A-league. I couldn't careless about Heart lol. Still those figures apart from GC are daylight ahead of the old NSL crowds.

I hear Heart have made an offer to South Melbourne to buy a 20% stake in the A-League club. 

NO THANKS!

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #431 on: November 16, 2010, 07:49:33 PM »
Anyone know if this Alsop back to the MV rumor has any legs?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #432 on: November 17, 2010, 08:50:15 AM »
Hope so. Getting rid of both allsopp and net fabiano was a bad move.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #433 on: November 17, 2010, 11:26:39 AM »
Hope so. Getting rid of both allsopp and net fabiano was a bad move.

I dont think we had much choice with Danny, and I cant remember what happened with Fabiano.  He just needed some time i reckon.  he could play a bit.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #434 on: November 27, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »
Victory 2-2 draw against Wellington. The second game in a row we've coughed up an equalizer late after leading 2-1. At least it keeps us in the top 6.

Victory would love to have Allsopp back. He left originally because the offer $$$ was too good to refuse. Fabiano was no loss. Too homesick and never did much anyway.