Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 244726 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1095 on: December 29, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp0uef6wd9w#t=25

'wannabees"

now, bring Melbourne Croatia into the league and get some fireworks  :cheers

There are a small number of teenage idiots who are wannabee 'ultras' (most aren't really supporters/members either and only turn up to big games like a derby to be attention seekers and hanger on-ers in the northern terrace (north end cheer squads)); however, to label the whole sport and its supporters as disgusting is ridiculous. The wings where the families sit and southern end cheer squad are tamer and quieter than at the footy. I'm sure CUB, like me, you didn't take kindly to the media here labeling all Richmond supporters as spitters because of a few morons hanging over the race entrance. Every sport has its few morons.

Not real supporters and yet the came down from the shyehole part of NSW to watch a soccer team they support? sounds like real fans to me  :shh
I would argue yesterday's antics backed up what I was saying. A small minority of young males trying to be wannabee ultras fighting in the streets ::) and at the ground ripping off flares and detonators and giving the sport a bad name. It was a great game last night on the pitch but all the focus is on the moronic antics of these little twerps.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1096 on: December 29, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »
How would they evolve from wanna bees to not wannabees in your eyes?

Would you go up to milwal fans and tell them they are idiotic children wannabees

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 07:48:24 PM by Judge Roughneck »

tony_montana

« Reply #1097 on: December 29, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »
As for tonight's game - what a disgraceful display of refereeing  :banghead. Seriously that ref should never be allowed near the professional level ever again. I didn't realise stopping the ball with your hands in the box was allowed in Soccer now  ::). Not just once but twice!  :banghead

:banghead

Thank gawd for Finkler saving our bacon and at least giving us a point with that amazing free kick right at the end  :bow  :thumbsup.

I wouldn't have paid either. Funny you left out the most blatant handball of all - leijer's which stopped a certain goal with his arm flailing well clear of his body.  :whistle The other 2 examples - the first was a nothing and the second was off the knee/thigh.

Cyclops  :whistle

tony_montana

« Reply #1098 on: December 29, 2013, 09:32:45 PM »
With a decent coach heart would be playing finals this season, good enough roster imo. Confidence shot = missed chances - lack of discipline which cost goals week in week out points to a weak coach. Wasted season. hopefully a new consortium have bought them and they can clean house. Disgraceful
As a Victory fan, I think they are where they should be.  :cheers ;D

If it means that's what it took to get rid of Aloisi, then I agree  :cheers

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1099 on: December 29, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
With a decent coach heart would be playing finals this season, good enough roster imo. Confidence shot = missed chances - lack of discipline which cost goals week in week out points to a weak coach. Wasted season. hopefully a new consortium have bought them and they can clean house. Disgraceful
As a Victory fan, I think they are where they should be.  :cheers ;D

If it means that's what it took to get rid of Aloisi, then I agree  :cheers
:lol :clapping

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1100 on: December 29, 2013, 11:49:45 PM »
I find it amusing Judge Leftsack admires and supports Croatian soccer hooligans, a majority of whom identify with the old Ustashi.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1101 on: December 29, 2013, 11:57:23 PM »
If you ever get the chance to atrend a croat-serb game its a goodnlaugh dont admire them, just believe state league clubs should be allowed promotion to the top division

cant be any more violent than those naughty MFC / WS fans

nor do i admire than Slobodan Milošević worshiping Serbians fans.

to a degree i admire dedication and eagerness in sports fans.

Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:26:23 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1102 on: December 30, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
Police to release plan for combating racism in its ranks, in response to racial profiling case
Updated 26 minutes ago

RELATED STORY: Secret police operation 'targeted' African-AustraliansRELATED STORY: Victoria Police settles racial profiling caseRELATED STORY: Police 'zealots' accused of racial profiling
MAP: Flemington 3031
Victoria Police will release a response paper today outlining how it intends to combat racism within its ranks.

Almost a year ago, police settled out-of-court in a case where they had been accused of racially profiling, harassing and bashing a group of almost 20 African-Australian boys in Melbourne's inner north.

ABC News subsequently uncovered a police operational document proving the racial profiling had taken place.

Later today police will release a report which has resulted from an internal investigation into the matter.

It is believed to be called "Equality is not the same".

The Federal Court ordered the internal investigation into police racism as part of the settlement.

Some victims of the abuse and their lawyers will be briefed about the document just before it is made public

abc

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1103 on: December 30, 2013, 02:35:04 PM »
Relevance to soccer?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1104 on: December 31, 2013, 02:48:18 AM »
As for tonight's game - what a disgraceful display of refereeing  :banghead. Seriously that ref should never be allowed near the professional level ever again. I didn't realise stopping the ball with your hands in the box was allowed in Soccer now  ::). Not just once but twice!  :banghead

:banghead

Thank gawd for Finkler saving our bacon and at least giving us a point with that amazing free kick right at the end  :bow  :thumbsup.

I wouldn't have paid either. Funny you left out the most blatant handball of all - leijer's which stopped a certain goal with his arm flailing well clear of his body.  :whistle The other 2 examples - the first was a nothing and the second was off the knee/thigh.

Cyclops  :whistle
Yeah Leijer was lucky (he was sliding in feet first to block the shot so that's why his arms were away from his body) but that's hardly a defence of the referee anyway.

Seriously, the first one was blatant deliberate handball, even the commentators agreed it struck both hands of the Wanderers defender who had no reason to put his hands up. The second one came off the arm of the defender (that's why the ball deflected sideways) as well as the thigh.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1105 on: December 31, 2013, 03:48:31 AM »
How would they evolve from wanna bees to not wannabees in your eyes?

Would you go up to milwal fans and tell them they are idiotic children wannabees

When they stop carrying on like moronic wannabee ultras as fans of a club that's been around just 18 months and that has no history to warrant that agro stupidity. It's just 'look-at-me-I'm-ultra' morons trying to imitate the worst of what they see in Europe and putting themselves above the game and the majority of the game's supporters in Australia.

Millwall is now only famous for its hooliganism as on the pitch it's just another irrelevant lower league English club. It's only spent two seasons in the top flight in its whole history and has never been in the EPL. The Millwall-West Ham rivalry resulted from wharfies working on different docks in the east end of London over 100 years ago. It doesn't justify the violence and hooliganism of the firms over the years but there's a long history behind the rivalry. What's the history of WSW? Nothing! That's why they are wannabee ultras with their flares and detonators and so-called supporter groups fighting away from the ground in the street  ::). It's all just a charade of moronic imitation that gives the game in Australia a bad name. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1106 on: December 31, 2013, 04:07:15 AM »
Melbourne Heart has appointed John van 't Schip as head coach for the rest of the 2013/14 season.

Van 't Schip was the Heart's inaugural coach, joining the club in 2009. He led the club to its first finals appearance in the 2011/2012 season.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/heart-appoints-van-t-schip-as-coach-20131230-302yz.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melbourne Victory statement about the Wanderers' crowd behaviour at AAMI Park

Melbourne Victory Football Club wishes to express its disappointment at the unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour of some travelling Western Sydney Wanderers FC fans at AAMI Park on Saturday night.

With no incidents in the 11 rounds prior, Melbourne Victory has now implored Football Federation Australia (FFA) to take the strongest possible action, after flares and detonators were let off in the away supporter bay throughout Saturday night’s A-League fixture. Given the pending return of Western Sydney Wanderers on January 14, we believe significant sanctions and extensive planning are required to ensure there is no repeat of this behaviour.

Melbourne Victory’s absolute priority is, and always has been, to ensure football fans experience the safest and most enjoyable environment possible.

The club continues to support Victoria Police with its investigations and awaits a swift response from FFA.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbournevictory/news-display/Club-statement/81938

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1107 on: December 31, 2013, 04:32:44 AM »
IMO WS fans create an excellent atmosphere at their home games

gerkin greg

« Reply #1108 on: December 31, 2013, 10:57:07 AM »
Wanderers have released a statement condemning Victory fans starting a punch up at a pub pre-game LMAO

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1109 on: December 31, 2013, 11:24:12 AM »
Poor steroid eating Lebos attacked by big bad Melbourne hooligans

My heart bleeds  :(