Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 245078 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1710 on: July 03, 2015, 03:39:28 AM »
South Melbourne Hellas and Heidelberg Utd are in the FFA Cup round of 32.

Victory and City/Heart are away to state league teams.

Dates/times to be announced on Friday.

Westfield FFA Cup 2015 - Round of 32 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory
Central Coast Mariners v Wellington Phoenix
Western Sydney Wanderers v Brisbane Roar
Croydon Kings v Lions FC
Hume City v Brisbane Strikers
Blacktown City v Metrostars SC
Rockdale City Suns v Perth SC
Oakleigh Cannons v FNQ FC Heat
Palm Beach SC v South Melbourne
Sydney United 58 v South Hobart
Gungahlin United v Sydney Olympic
Broadmeadow Magic v Heidelberg United
Darwin Olympic v Adelaide United
Sorrento FC v Sydney FC
Balmain Tigers v Melbourne Victory
Edgeworth FC v Melbourne City

http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/westfield-ffa-cup-round-of-32-draw-revealed/1pp9mmip8cpcp13r8nq4zduwnv

I wish to lodge an official protest over OE's post. The name of my club is South Melbourne Football Club Limited. Hellas was taken out of the name about 20 years ago. We will probably make it to the last 16 but that's about it IMHO. We don't have the defensive players to go further. South was hoping to get Victory so they could get the gate. 15,000 at Lakeside would have seen South get a nice pay day... hopefully they meet in the round of 16.
All I remember is South's Greek supporters being angry that Hellas was dropped from their club's name by force by Soccer Australia  ;).

Btw, Victory is use to propping up the home crowds of a smaller Melbourne club living in Victory's shadow  :snidegrin.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1711 on: July 05, 2015, 02:25:57 PM »
Mvfc has played friendlys at bob Jane before

From memory lots of croats
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1712 on: August 06, 2015, 02:09:32 PM »
Mvfc has played friendlys at bob Jane before

From memory lots of croats
Victory won't have to worry about playing at Bob Jane stadium this season. South were knocked out of the FFA Cup in the first round by a local Gold Coast team lol. At least Heidelberg got through of the old Greek NSL clubs.

City/Heart just got through with an injury time winner over a NSW state league club. Victory romped home 6-0 against their minnow.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1713 on: August 13, 2015, 02:50:34 AM »
Round of 16 draw for the FFA Cup:

— Adelaide United v Sydney FC

Melbourne City v Wellington Phoenix

Heidelberg United v Sydney United 58

— Hume City v Sydney Olympic

— MetroStars v Oakleigh Cannons

— Lions FC v Perth Glory

— Rockdale City Suns v Melbourne Victory

— Palm Beach Sharks v Western Sydney Wanderers

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/ffa-cup/ffa-cup-round-of-16-draw-live-stream-of-the-draw-for-next-round-of-national-knockout-competition/story-fno7mzzd-1227480392226

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1714 on: August 14, 2015, 01:17:44 PM »
So half the A-League teams will be gone after this round. That's without any upsets.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1715 on: August 14, 2015, 10:12:54 PM »
So half the A-League teams will be gone after this round. That's without any upsets.
The draw is 'fixed' to make sure at least one non-A-League club makes the semi-finals.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #1716 on: August 31, 2015, 06:12:13 PM »
Finally became a Victory member  :cheers

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1717 on: August 31, 2015, 07:42:19 PM »
The draw is 'fixed' to make sure at least one non-A-League club makes the semi-finals.

LOL
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1718 on: September 02, 2015, 02:23:32 AM »
Victory through to the quarters of the FFA Cup but we gave up a penalty and an own goal to state league club Rockdale City.

Heidelberg Utd are stiff to get drawn A-League Melb City when the other two state league clubs that made it through play each other.

Quarter Finals draw

Melb. Victory vs Adelaide Utd
Perth Glory vs Western Sydney Wanderers
Hume City vs Oakleigh Cannons
Heidelberg vs Melb. City

dwaino

« Reply #1719 on: September 03, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »
Victory have replaced Milligan with Bozanic as marquee Aussie. Great signing  :cheers

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/09/02/bozanic-signs-three-year-deal-melbourne-victory

Still on the fence with new Victory kit. I don't mind the new home design but I'm really spewing it doesn't have a collar. Didn't like last year's away guernsey but looks ok with a few tweaks this season.

tony_montana

« Reply #1720 on: September 05, 2015, 12:22:54 PM »

well done dwaino, good to see you supporting the game even if it is victory  :snidegrin

tony_montana

« Reply #1721 on: September 05, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »
Victory have replaced Milligan with Bozanic as marquee Aussie. Great signing  :cheers

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/09/02/bozanic-signs-three-year-deal-melbourne-victory

Still on the fence with new Victory kit. I don't mind the new home design but I'm really spewing it doesn't have a collar. Didn't like last year's away guernsey but looks ok with a few tweaks this season.

Yep Bozanic is a good signing - on the periphery of the National team.

tony_montana

« Reply #1722 on: September 05, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »
Victory through to the quarters of the FFA Cup but we gave up a penalty and an own goal to state league club Rockdale City.

Heidelberg Utd are stiff to get drawn A-League Melb City when the other two state league clubs that made it through play each other.

Quarter Finals draw

Heidelberg vs Melb. City

I'll head on down to the old stomping ground  :cheers

dwaino

« Reply #1723 on: September 05, 2015, 02:13:06 PM »

well done dwaino, good to see you supporting the game even if it is victory  :snidegrin

:cheers with help from the wog inlaws over the past few years I'm a full convert. Great game, really want to see the domestic comp do well as it would do wonders getting in more of the bogan whitey types like me who were never born into a round ball household and Euro teams.

Been buying tickets for the last two seasons so figured it was cheaper to buy a membership  ;D missus was buying the memberships initially for her old man and stepdad for Father's Day (sounds like a strange setup but it works and everyone is friends :lol) who I go with. Since I go with them and her brother she had to buy us one too lol. Though it's a square up since I got her as a Richmond member to come to the footy even though she is a Carlton supporter.

dwaino

« Reply #1724 on: September 05, 2015, 02:15:51 PM »

Yep Bozanic is a good signing - on the periphery of the National team.

Best comment on Victory FB with the welcome video of Bozanic standing in an empty AAMI park was "why did you do this in front of a full City crowd?"  :snidegrin