Author Topic: What I learnt today  (Read 2417 times)

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
What I learnt today
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:38:13 PM »
We lack a game breaker Cyril type
A lot of good solid citizens but no one who can turn a game with the miraculous.
Think Lewis Jetta also.
We must draft one or two this year

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: What I learnt today
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:47:20 AM »
I think we have plenty of game winners. Just need to be on their game.

Dustin Martin is as damaging as they come when up and about.

We have enough A Grade talent, sure we'd love some more but we don't need to do a Carlton and give up everything for a Chris Judd. Need to improve depth and have a full 22 of AFL players that anyone in the comp would have on their list. Look at Hawthorn. From the 22 that ran out from Hawthorn and Geelongs list who wouldn't you have on an RFC list if you wanted to try and play finals this year? You happily take any one from either side.

Take Richmonds list, who would Geelong or Hawthorn take. Rule out probably our bottom 10 straight away. Anyone would happily take our top tier. Its our bottom tier that needs improving. Our top tier just needs to continue to develop and consistently rock up and play good football.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:58:37 AM »
Learnt the flat track bullies got heir just deserves.   Knew it was coming sooner or later but not to this level.....we have been found out as imposters.  It can be turned around but RFC need to stand up and be counted next week......people are laughing at us this week.......stuff I hate that

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:00:46 AM »
Yep but at 9-5 it isn't panic stations. North look to have shot themselves in the foot with being so far back. West Coast and Adelaide look more likely than North and we won those games which could be decisive being crucial 8 point games. Hopefully North are that far back that this loss won't hurt us come August.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 01:04:41 AM »
I don't want to fall in to the 8 by default.  I want the team to earn their spot and respect.  Today we did neither.............na stuff it I will take the default.....

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 08:22:51 AM »
Yesterday Nort executed a gameplan to the letter and we had nothing in return. Other coaches know exactly what to do to beat us but their team doesn't execute on game day. It's now a case of what the coaches do in combination with the players to turn things around. Every team has a weakness somewhere and the opposition look to expose that weakness, nort did that perfectly and we had no answer,  we must find answers from here or 9th spot is looking likely yet again

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »
We lack a game breaker Cyril type
A lot of good solid citizens but no one who can turn a game with the miraculous.
Think Lewis Jetta also.
We must draft one or two this year

Garlett and Frawley.....must get.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

TigerTimeII

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 09:06:32 AM »
i learned today we r still mentally weak

we have a pathetic game day coach

and we still cannot play good teams well at etihad

wtf did dimwit dimma keep jack bottled up congested and chocked deep fwd all day
hardwick is a moron

dwaino

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 09:20:36 AM »

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 09:26:31 AM »
What I am leanrt I already knew
Matt Dea ::) ::) ::)
Never again
Good Bloke, not up to AFL standard, end of story

TigerTimeII

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 09:27:28 AM »
dea was not the reason we were flogged

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 09:47:07 AM »
What I am leanrt I already knew
Matt Dea ::) ::) ::)
Never again
Good Bloke, not up to AFL standard, end of story
Didn't you write this post in another topic! Why do you think we want to read the same shyt in different topics!! So you think Matt Dea is a good bloke but shouldn't get another game. We ALL get it!!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 09:49:57 AM »
and we all know someone is a tossbag and should fo

funny how he only shows his face when we lose  :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 10:05:34 AM »
What I learnt yesterday was that after four years in the job, Dimma still has absolutely no answer against teams who "park the bus" in our forward line (as Mighty Tigers calls it.) North and Freo do it to us every single time, and we MUST come up with a way to counter it. There are two elements to it: 1. them congesting our forward line, and 2. them creating the acres of space on the rebound that they deny us.
Like Dimma, and indeed the team, I have absolutely no answer to countering the first part of the equation. We have tried bombing into the mess, and that doesn't work. We have tried chipping around the periphery, and that doesn't work. We have tried coming in from the boundary line, which just leads to loads of shots from impossible angles, and a scoreline of 4.15 (which is what we had kicked when I left in disgust at 3/4 time.) Seriously, if anybody has any credible answers to this conundrum, I am all ears. More importantly, maybe you should e-mail them to our football department.
The second part of the equation is a lot easier to counter in theory. If our defenders and mids follow their opponents deep into our forward line when they are pushing numbers behind the ball, they MUST be prepared to follow them back out again. They have so far in these situations been too dumb and too effing lazy to do the gut-running required to stop being caught on the rebound time and time again. Which is basically what repeatedly happened in that abysmally frustrating second quarter.
Anyway, that's just my 2 cents worth. As I said, if anybody has any ideas I'm all ears. The club CANNOT keep letting this happen.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »
What I learnt yesterday was that after four years in the job, Dimma still has absolutely no answer against teams who "park the bus" in our forward line (as Mighty Tigers calls it.) North and Freo do it to us every single time, and we MUST come up with a way to counter it. There are two elements to it: 1. them congesting our forward line, and 2. them creating the acres of space on the rebound that they deny us.
Like Dimma, and indeed the team, I have absolutely no answer to countering the first part of the equation. We have tried bombing into the mess, and that doesn't work. We have tried chipping around the periphery, and that doesn't work. We have tried coming in from the boundary line, which just leads to loads of shots from impossible angles, and a scoreline of 4.15 (which is what we had kicked when I left in disgust at 3/4 time.) Seriously, if anybody has any credible answers to this conundrum, I am all ears. More importantly, maybe you should e-mail them to our football department.
The second part of the equation is a lot easier to counter in theory. If our defenders and mids follow their opponents deep into our forward line when they are pushing numbers behind the ball, they MUST be prepared to follow them back out again. They have so far in these situations been too dumb and too effing lazy to do the gut-running required to stop being caught on the rebound time and time again. Which is basically what repeatedly happened in that abysmally frustrating second quarter.
Anyway, that's just my 2 cents worth. As I said, if anybody has any ideas I'm all ears. The club CANNOT keep letting this happen.

Why not defend with everyone in our 50?

parking the bus - very much a wogball term