Author Topic: Liam Baker [merged]  (Read 81555 times)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Liam Baker [merged]
« Reply #465 on: October 24, 2023, 07:41:12 PM »
We all love the way this little fella plays the game but and i know it will upset people i think we over rate him a fair bit.
I will reiterate i like every one else love the way he cracks in never ever gives up and can be relied on giving 100% every single time he walks across the white line. If only a few others had his intensity.

I just don't think Liam is great in any area of the game but does enough in most to get by and even thrive at times.
You are going to pick him every week for what he brings in effort but boy id really like him to have something in his game that has genuine hurt factor.

Sorry if it offends people i really like the little fella as a player but he just is not as good as tiger supporters rave about.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #466 on: October 24, 2023, 07:48:14 PM »
That sort of post won’t offend people
You are being genuinely decent about how you are putting your thoughts out

The use of paragraphs and decency actually has me thinking you’ve been hacked

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #467 on: October 25, 2023, 03:00:05 PM »
Solid year.

good player in an average team that sometimes tries to do too much.

still one of our best and had a very good year. He cracks in unlike many others this year and possibly next.

Hopefully he is in leadership group to replace Grimes.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #468 on: October 25, 2023, 03:50:10 PM »
Baker is elite in one aspect of the game = heart

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #469 on: November 01, 2023, 06:41:21 PM »
Speaking on Gettable, AFL.com.au's Cal Twomey said West Coast is one of the six clubs could "go really hard and target" some of the game's biggest names.

Richmond star Liam Baker is another name off-contract that could be in the sights of West Coast, who were interested in the premiership Tiger last year before he recommitted at Punt Road.

Twomey believes both English and Baker will be on West Coast's radar as they look to add to their young list.

"Liam Baker was a huge one for them last year, ended up staying back came pretty close to leaving. In the end they came really, really strongly for him.

"I think he'll be targeted again by the Eagles and probably Fremantle too. He's pretty settled in Victoria and could well be their next skipper as well, but I think he's one the Eagles will go pretty strongly at again next year."

https://www.zerohanger.com/essendon-west-coast-among-six-afl-clubs-ready-to-splash-cash-and-target-million-dollar-plus-players-in-2024-145254/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #470 on: November 01, 2023, 08:15:58 PM »
Straight swap for Homesick Harley. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: November 01, 2023, 08:48:56 PM »
Speaking on Gettable, AFL.com.au's Cal Twomey said West Coast is one of the six clubs could "go really hard and target" some of the game's biggest names.

Richmond star Liam Baker is another name off-contract that could be in the sights of West Coast, who were interested in the premiership Tiger last year before he recommitted at Punt Road.

Twomey believes both English and Baker will be on West Coast's radar as they look to add to their young list.

"Liam Baker was a huge one for them last year, ended up staying back came pretty close to leaving. In the end they came really, really strongly for him.

"I think he'll be targeted again by the Eagles and probably Fremantle too. He's pretty settled in Victoria and could well be their next skipper as well, but I think he's one the Eagles will go pretty strongly at again next year."

https://www.zerohanger.com/essendon-west-coast-among-six-afl-clubs-ready-to-splash-cash-and-target-million-dollar-plus-players-in-2024-145254/

Came pretty close to leaving, absolute crap  :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #472 on: November 01, 2023, 09:54:32 PM »
As if anyone would take your word for anything after you lied to the club about touring Port's facilities... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #473 on: November 02, 2023, 08:26:17 AM »
As if anyone would take your word for anything after you lied to the club about touring Port's facilities... :shh :shh

I think this pathetic joke has gone long enough, in fact, i would suggest most on here cringe every time you mention it. You are a sad person who ever you are :lol

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: November 02, 2023, 09:04:25 AM »

I think this pathetic joke has gone long enough, in fact, i would suggest most on here cringe every time you mention it. You are a sad person who ever you are :lol

Worse jokes have been carried on for much longer

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #475 on: November 02, 2023, 01:18:02 PM »

Worse jokes have been carried on for much longer

Machine Man's continued selection in the side for a start...... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #476 on: November 02, 2023, 02:51:39 PM »
To be a joke doesn’t it have funny or am I missing something

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #477 on: November 02, 2023, 03:05:16 PM »
It's off topic anyway. This thread is about Bakes. Stick to it, folks!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #478 on: November 29, 2023, 10:25:39 PM »
#LiamBaker apparently did a PB for the 2km time trial..
Can see the effort written all over his face.
Like Jack G, he looks a bit slimmer to start this preseason & will be interesting to see what role Yze has in mind for the little Champ..
What are your thoughts on Bakes for '24?

https://twitter.com/Tigers_of_Old/status/1729259401352225032

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #479 on: November 30, 2023, 07:06:32 PM »
Always thought he should be used as a forward that rotates through the middle. Feel like he’s been thrown into the middle on the odd occasion and proved a real difference maker.