Author Topic: Hamish McIntosh?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hamish McIntosh?
« on: October 06, 2008, 04:03:59 PM »
A lot of interest for Hamish McIntosh at trade talks and Laidley would trade him if the right offer came along.

Of course Richmond, Carlton and St Kilda have been mentioned needing a ruckman.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Hamish McIntosh?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »
The only thing we can really offer the roos for him is our first round pick. He is exactly what we need.

:gotigers
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Ball!

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 04:49:39 PM »
Hmmm....

At only 24 years of age he would cost quite a bit. He had a few bad injuries this year though didn't he? Though he did look like the next big thing in 2007. Unlike Seaby he wouldn't be a "Richmond patch up" and could play first ruck for at least the next 5 years.

Our first rounder would have to be involved in the deal, and then probably a fringe player aswell. However, if a player like Vickery is still around at pick 8, it would be terribly unlucky.

Personally I would think the ideal situation would be for Carlton to use their first rounder on McIntosh meaning they don't chase Warnock leaving him four our 2nd rounder.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »
He had a few bad injuries this year though didn't he?
Injured his knee (PCL) midway through this year and missed 10 weeks.

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 05:32:35 PM »
Hamish McIntosh is exactly the type of ruck we need, sadly I cant see us getting him.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »
I agree Ramps McIntosh is the type of ruckman we need. The only downer is whether he has chronic knee injuries.
Is it feasible in thinking of this scenario for arguments sake we offload an aging star in Browny to the Swans for a first round pick and offering it to the Roos for McIntosh?
Is it worth it that way or would we be better served assuming that does occur to keep our two first round picks and draw from the draft well since it is being touted as a superdraft this season?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 07:59:36 PM »
Worth exploring the options....

A lot of upside has Hamish :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 08:00:43 PM »
McIntosh would be a good get as a 24 y.o. genuine first ruck but North would want at least our first pick. You would also want him to do a medical on his knee.

I wouldn't think the Swans would give up their first pick for Browny whose 2-3 years older than O'Keefe but if the club hadn't already promised finals next year you'd be tempted to do it if the Swans did go for it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 08:07:44 PM »
McIntosh would be a good get as a 24 y.o. genuine first ruck but North would want at least our first pick. You would also want him to do a medical on his knee.

I don't know about that - pakcage up players and our 2nd pick and I reckon they'd look at it.

I cannot see many clubs giving away first round picks this year.... except for the Power ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »

I don't know about that - pakcage up players and our 2nd pick and I reckon they'd look at it.

I cannot see many clubs giving away first round picks this year.... except for the Power ::)
They'll look at it and then politely say no thanks lol. McIntosh is an AA ruckman.

Yep clubs don't want to give away first round picks this year but they would love another given the talent on offer especially if they see their list plateauing and the premiership window shutting. I don't see McIntosh leaving North but some clubs are obviously putting decent names out there to see if anyone is willing to cough up a high pick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 10:25:34 PM »

They'll look at it and then politely say no thanks lol. McIntosh is an AA ruckman.

Yep clubs don't want to give away first round picks this year but they would love another given the talent on offer especially if they see their list plateauing and the premiership window shutting. I don't see McIntosh leaving North but some clubs are obviously putting decent names out there to see if anyone is willing to cough up a high pick.

yeah mate, mcintosh would be brilliant to have but i wouldn't give up our pick 8.  max i'd do is pick 26 + player(s) like some have mentioned.  If not, then i'd rather pursue seaby.  pick 8 is too valuable i reckon

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 11:28:07 PM »
If Ottens went for 2 first rounders then McIntosh should go for at least that, if not more

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 01:12:26 AM »
McIntosh's manager is angry with Laidley for even mentioning Hamish as a trade option. McIntosh just signed a 3-year deal in June and doesn't want to move.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/roos-offer-up-mcintosh/2008/10/06/1223145262700.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 03:36:55 AM »
First round picks more valuable than Hamish McIntosh as clubs pass
Stephen Rielly and Greg Denham | October 08, 2008

NORTH Melbourne's surprising decision to place ruckman Hamish McIntosh on the trade table appears unlikely to produce anything more for the club than a disgruntled player, as the majority of clubs are baulking at the Roos' asking price of an early-to-mid first round draft choice.

St Kilda, Carlton, Sydney and Richmond offered typical reactions to McIntosh's availability yesterday. While all expressed appreciation for his talent and, in some cases, a need for a ruckman, none said they would give up their picks in the first round of one of the strongest drafts in years.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24462814-2722,00.html

However Mike Sheahan is "tipping McIntosh to be wearing different colours next year. At 24."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24463111-19742,00.html

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »
McIntosh would be a good fit for the Saints, Pick 13 would get it done too, maybe chuck in Fiora too