Author Topic: NAB R4 v Western Bulldogs @ Visy Park  (Read 18718 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: NAB R4 v Western Bulldogs @ Visy Park
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »
How did Griff go, scored well in the supercoach points...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #256 on: March 17, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »
So went today, missed first quarter lining up to pay then I think I caught gonorrhoea sitting in the grandstand. stuff me what a poohole that was. Next time staying home.  :banghead
Shoulda messaged me, ya pansy.  :lol

I had 2 dogs supporters that didn't shut the hell up the whole game.

Sorry bud, was last second decision. Went with the missus. Nearly left as soon as I got there. What a crap heap.  :lol Dogs were looking for a win to start the season.  :whistle :shh

Gigantor

« Reply #257 on: March 17, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »
griff was there and played..
I didnt think he did anything of note.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #258 on: March 17, 2013, 12:57:18 PM »
what about the boundarys on the wings being 20 metres in from the fence. ::) ::)
Made the game interesting with plenty of throw ins and out of bounce on fulls

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #259 on: March 17, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
and Bickery does neither against either
In 2011 he did; true nothing last year due to his shoulders.

Getting a bit tired if his shoulders being blamed. Maybe he's a sissy

That's harsh. I think Vickery is the only player to have ever played sore. Give him a slap on the arse and get off his back man....

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »
Forget about the stand of the ammenities the ground surface wasnt up to scratch either

Bloody sand flying up as blokes ran through the centre and around the 50m arcs - terrible

Thought Griff looked lost yesterday, Liam Jones (who's kicking isn't up to VFL standard let only AFL) beat him far too easily in alot of contests IMHO
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:08:03 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2013, 01:30:24 PM »
and Bickery does neither against either
In 2011 he did; true nothing last year due to his shoulders.

Getting a bit tired if his shoulders being blamed. Maybe he's a sissy

Yessss the Prudent Coach stikes back!!  :clapping

Go get em big fella

That's harsh. I think Vickery is the only player to have ever played sore. Give him a slap on the arse and get off his back man....
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Ruanaidh

« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »

Thought Griff looked lost yesterday, Liam Jones (who's kicking isn't up to VFL standard let only AFL) beat him far too easily in alot of contests IMHO
At times (early) he stood a bit off his man but then realised that in the conditions he had to play close (due to the shifting ground as no-one was getting  a leap at the ball). He improved as the game went on and Jones was after all goal-less. He also spent time on Cordy who only kicked one goal due to an errant free-kick.

BTW I just realised that in my 'wash-up' I neglected to mention Edwards who was 'freakish' at times yesterday and his disposal was elite. I think he and Dusty will be very destructive this year through the middle and more importantly whilst resting in the forward line.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2013, 03:32:29 PM »
Forget about the stand of the ammenities the ground surface wasnt up to scratch either

Bloody sand flying up as blokes ran through the centre and around the 50m arcs - terrible

whose liam jones ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Gigantor

« Reply #264 on: March 17, 2013, 03:37:36 PM »
Was sitting in what i think was the Robert heatley stand yesterday and as i climbed the steps my foot sank several inches into the floor.And that eyesore of an admin building they have constructed obscures the whole pocket on that side of the ground from at least a third of the stand.
verdict..bulldoze it and start again

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2013, 06:09:08 PM »

whose liam jones ::)

Liam Jones is number 19 for the bulldogs

Was sitting in what i think was the Robert heatley stand yesterday and as i climbed the steps my foot sank several inches into the floor.And that eyesore of an admin building they have constructed obscures the whole pocket on that side of the ground from at least a third of the stand.
verdict..bulldoze it and start again

Heatley stand is gone, if you are talking about the old timber stand that was near where the tigers ran out that is the Gardiner Stand. Should be condemned

Ruanaidh: I know Jones was goal less but with his kicking that's no great surprise  ;D

Gigantor

« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »
yes thats the one WP..next to their new admin offices

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »
From the Hun....
RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick came away from yesterday's nine-point win over the Western Bulldogs confident his team was in great shape for its Round 1 showdown against Carlton.

The Tigers have dropped only one game in the pre-season and have almost a full list to chose from for the season opener on Thursday week.

Against the Dogs they came from 18 points down in the third quarter to kick seven of the last nine goals in scrappy conditions at Visy Park, and did so with subdued performances from key players Trent Cotchin (18 disposals), Jack Riewoldt (one goal and six disposals), Dustin Martin and Chris Newman (10 possessions each).

''It was a tough old game really, and the conditions weren't really great, but to walk away at the end of the NAB Cup campaign with four wins and one loss was a reasonable result for us,'' Hardwick said.

Jake King and Daniel Jackson, who were rested yesterday, are both expected to be available for the Round 1 match against the Blues.

Chris Knights and Dylan Grimes, who have had injury-interrupted pre-seasons, are expected to get at least a half in Coburg's VFL match against Weribee on Sunday.

Nathan Foley remains at least a month away from playing.

The Tigers had six multiple goalkickers, led by ruckman Ivan Maric, with Luke McGuane (two goals) presenting as a third marking forward.

''He was good, kicked a couple of goals,'' Hardwick said. ''He does compete, Luke, that's the one thing we love about him.''

The Bulldogs were disappointed they could not finish off the march, but would be encouraged by knowing about a half a dozen new faces could come into the team that finished the 2012 season, with Brett Goodes, Jason Johannisen, Nick Lower and Tom Young among those with strong cases for inclusion.

Lower did exceptionally well nullifying Cotchin, restricting him to just six disposals in the first half and frustrating the Tigers skipper throughout.

Assistant coach Brett Montgomery was buoyed that experienced core played well, but several recruits had played well.

''At the selection table ... we've got plenty to choose from and there were at least 12 or 13 weeks last year where that wasn't the case and we were just putting whatever we had out there,'' Montgomery said.

Adam Cooney (24 touches) showed glimpses of the explosive best that was a feature of his glory days, Robert Murphy was damaging alternating between half forward and half back and Daniel Giansiracusa (two goals) was a constant threat.

Ryan Griffen collected 30 possessions and Dale Morris totally outplayed Riewoldt.

Montgomery said the club was hopeful Shaun Higgins, Easton Wood and possibly Tom Williams would be available for the Round 1 match against Brisbane Lions at Etihad Stadium, although the Dogs were conscious of not including several underdone players in the 22.

Higgins and Wood are likely to play at VFL level next weekend.

Hardwick also backed the AFL's new sliding rules after the match.

''Overall I think the rule is great, I really like it. 54 free kicks today is a lot of free kicks. It's really hard for the umpires to administer. Is it forceful contact or is it (just) contact .... wet conditions is tough. I think the overriding concept is good.

''There's a couple though on a wet day where a guy slides to get the ball and a player falls over the top. They're probably the ones where we have to wait and see (how the rule is interpreted).''
Email

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-is-confident-ahead-of-the-tigers-clash-against-carlton/story-e6frf9jf-1226599105416

Edited: to add HUN link
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:26:21 PM by WilliamPowell »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »
yes thats the one WP..next to their new admin offices

Yep

Sat there myself

Seats falling to bits covered in bird poo, shocking

Gigantor

« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2013, 06:36:03 PM »
whilst sitting in the Gardener stand we compared the facilities of all AFL clubs and although i havent been in the other clubs facilities other than the western bulldogs,from purely a visual aspect our facilities appear better than all others except maybe the hawks out Mulgrave way.The North and carlton ones neither blend into the surrounds nor really stamp them as belonging to the club.The bulldogs ones appear at first glance to be poorly built.Ours on the other hand is visually stunning.The thousands of cars using Punt road every day know they passing the RFC.
Well done RFC