Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403938 times)

Jackstar is back!!!

Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2205 on: August 14, 2019, 10:48:51 AM »
Won’t play this week

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2206 on: August 14, 2019, 12:31:12 PM »
“After discussions with our medical staff, we felt that giving Trent an extra week to train and prepare for his return to playing is the best approach,” Richmond General Manager – Football, Neil Balme said.

The Club expects Cotchin to be available to take on the Brisbane Lions in Round 23.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-08-14/trent-cotchin-update

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2207 on: August 16, 2019, 01:27:54 PM »
"Unfortunately, Trent's come up a little bit short once again. Our medical team want to get a couple of extra high intensity training sessions in before we put him in the rigours of AFL.

"If push comes shove, we could have played him, but once again we'd rather have him back for the long-term rather than the short."

- Damien Hardwick

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2208 on: August 18, 2019, 11:12:57 AM »
Balmey just said Cotch could have played today but given his hammy is a weak area we will give Cotch another week of training. He will "virtually definitely play next week".

Online Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2209 on: August 18, 2019, 11:20:12 AM »
Getting sick of hearing this.
Was right to go last week too

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2210 on: August 18, 2019, 12:07:49 PM »
Hardwick said they wanted him to go through an extra high intensity session and that's why they held him back.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2211 on: August 20, 2019, 12:57:21 AM »
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/cotchins-celebrating-baby-number-three-parker-foxx/news-story/6ca3558e95ebd6f9c68313509c562436

Brooke Cotchin, wife of Tigers captain Trent Cotchin, with new baby boy Parker. Picture: David Caird

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2212 on: August 20, 2019, 06:15:49 AM »
Needs to play this week otherwise will be badly underdone for the finals.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2213 on: August 20, 2019, 07:15:46 AM »
Needs to play this week otherwise will be badly underdone for the finals.

Agreed, parker must be over a month old.. needs miles in the legs before finals

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2214 on: August 20, 2019, 07:42:02 AM »
I think he is undergoing high intensity training too.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2215 on: August 20, 2019, 07:48:28 AM »
He needs to be more focussed if you ask me.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2216 on: August 20, 2019, 10:02:42 AM »
Needs to be allowed to grow into his role....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2217 on: August 20, 2019, 06:03:26 PM »
Burge's update on Cotch:

Trent Cotchin, hamstring

"Trent’s going great. A week and a half ago, Trent resumed training with the group and did a full week of training last week. We initially thought he would potentially play in the West Coast game...but we decided we would give him another week…and that’s purely based on his previous injuries during the year…We expect him to play on Sunday."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-08-20/round-23-injury-update

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2218 on: September 03, 2019, 03:21:43 AM »
Captain Trent Cotchin is confident his hamstrings can withstand a brutal finals campaign.

Cotchin returned from his third hamstring strain this season against the Lions in round 23, just his 11th match of the year in which he spent more time forward than in the midfield.

But the Tigers skipper said the strength and conditioning program set by the club's medical team had him well prepared for September.

"I think the great thing about footy clubs is they have great knowledge of what's required from every different injury," he said.

"You have to hit high speed, run a certain amount just to make sure you're still firing up the hamstrings in the same way as you would a game.

"But other than that, it's more the exercise you're doing on field so strength-based exercises.

"I'm feeling really confident. I'm still a spring chicken so I've got a lot of life left in my legs.

"Getting up in the sunshine will help."

Source: The Age

Richmond skipper Trent Cotchin has played one match in the five weeks leading into the qualifying final after battling hamstring issues but he said he welcomed feeling fresher than usual heading into September football.

“Going into Round 23, aside from carrying a little bit of baggage just from being injured throughout the year, I was really pleased with how the body was feeling from a bash and crash point of view,” he said.

“Typically, I fall over the line towards the back end of the year and hang out for that bye just before finals. It’s been a little bit differently for me personally, but I’m just really excited to sink my teeth into this weekend’s game.”

Source: Herald-Sun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2219 on: September 09, 2019, 04:13:08 AM »
Captain Trent Cotchin motivates Tigers by reminding teammates of those out of the finals race.

The inspiration behind Richmond’s Gabba fightback

Lauren Wood, Herald Sun
4 minutes

Richmond is using the dozen teams no longer in contention as inspiration for its push to a third-straight home preliminary final.

Star onballer Dion Prestia has revealed the psychology behind the Tigers’ blistering nine-goal pile-on in Saturday night’s qualifying final victory at the Gabba, which helped deliver the premiership favourites a week off and an MCG clash against either West Coast or Geelong.

But he said a reminder from the skipper had helped to reinvigorate the group after it trailed at quarter-time and that those now watching on would continue to push the Tigers’ hopes.

“(When we were behind), Trent kept getting us in and saying ‘just have a smile’,” Prestia said.

“(He was saying) we knew it was going to be like this, and there’s only two goals the difference’.

“They probably did dominate the first quarter, but it was good just to get back together and refresh after that first quarter and the way we were playing after that was pretty good.

“You just talk about how many other players at other teams want to be in our position. You just kind of enjoy it.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/captain-trent-cotchin-motivates-tigers-by-reminding-teammates-of-those-out-of-the-finals-race/news-story/83ebce5296efbfc8b883de1d36038032