Author Topic: #2012 List turn over#  (Read 14971 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: #2012 List turn over#
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2011, 12:56:03 PM »
Edwards did some great stuff only to stuff it up instantly with a rushed disposal so I am NOT gonna jump on the poo can Edwards wagon here, ill point to others who turned it around like King.  Edwards has got some talent but he needs to clean up a few things to complete his game.  His sideways intercept mark was magnificent yes, he muffed it kicking straight back to an bummer because he didn't think it through but he does have ability and I think he can turn it around.  You cannot just pick out all the negatives and ignore all the positives and say nope no good because if you do, every kid who comes to the club would be chucked out, no one comes as a ready made package without flaws.  Some come with more than others.

Agree but Edwards isn't a kid

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2011, 06:49:59 PM »
Would be looking to trade Connors, Nahas, Jackson, Maguane, Morton, Edwards, Thursfield for picks or 17 y/o's.
Some of those will just have to be delisted. I would want some decent compensation for Morton because i still harbor hopes that he can become a handy mid.

Still some serious list pruning to be done at Punt Road.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »
Remember we can't delist players who are contracted beyond this year; you can only try and trade them.

Going by our contracts list that includes guys like Connors, Edwards and McGuane. We also have Tuck contracted beyond this year in our list but apparently he has a clause in his contract that if he doesn't play 15 AFL-games in 2011 (which he won't) then he can be cut.

Contracts List:

2011: Astbury, Browne, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, King, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

2012: Batchelor, Connors, Deledio, Derickx, Edwards, Foley, Gourdis, Graham, Helbig, Houli, MacDonald, McGuane, Moore, Post, Tuck, Vickery, White

2013: Conca, Cotchin, Grigg, Martin, Riewoldt

Rookies: 
Jamie O'Reilly (international rookie - signed until end of 2011)
Robert Hicks (2nd year rookie)
Pat Contin (2nd year rookie)
Nick Westhoff (2nd year rookie)
Ben Jakobi (1st year rookie)
Brad Miller (mature rookie - 1st year)
Tom Hislop (1st year as a rookie)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »
2011: Astbury, Browne, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, King, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

Rookies: 
Robert Hicks (2nd year rookie)
Pat Contin (2nd year rookie)

There's nine changes I would make via trade/delisting.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »
If we land a ruckman we may as well pee Browne RIGHT off as well. No use carrying him AND gus AND Derrickx, if he's not up to it. Would rather put TV in the ruck and play post and grif to help out

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2011, 07:37:32 PM »
For me it looks like this, either trade or delist-

Contracts List:

2012: Batchelor, Connors, Deledio, Derickx, Edwards, Foley, Gourdis, Graham, Helbig, Houli, MacDonald, McGuane, Moore, Post, Tuck, Vickery, White

2013: Conca, Cotchin, Grigg, Martin, Riewoldt

Rookies:  
Robert Hicks (2nd year rookie)Pat Contin (2nd year rookie)

That's seven from the senior list and three rookies. That's not to say i would not entertain other trades but these are definites for me.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2011, 07:39:58 PM »
If we land a ruckman we may as well pee Browne RIGHT off as well. No use carrying him AND gus AND Derrickx, if he's not up to it. Would rather put TV in the ruck and play post and grif to help out

Good point, pee one of them off, so thats eight off the senior list for me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:53:05 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »

pee Graham off before Browne. FFS. just sack all our ruckman and bring back Staff and Gale
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:53:27 AM by one-eyed »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2011, 08:50:45 PM »
pee like a powerful 'orse. pee them up against the wall. Bring back Charles in Charge and Strawbs O'Dwyer.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:53:53 AM by one-eyed »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2011, 11:04:49 PM »
pee like a powerful 'orse. pee them up against the wall. Bring back Charles in Charge and Strawbs O'Dwyer.

While were at it get Robert Schaefer and Ty Esler back also. That way when Esler and Vickery go into the ruck we can call them the Twin Tyers. Le hahaha. :lol :rollin :lol
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:54:19 AM by one-eyed »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »
 :santa

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2011, 04:07:17 PM »
Club has to get fair dinkum now. Can't keep crossing our fingers with some players and hold on to them for too long.

Anyone under 22 is safe.

1. Delist - Will Thursfield (26yo)
2. Trade - Shane Edwards for Jackson Trengove
3. Delist - Brad Miller (29yo)
4. Delist - Mitch Farmer (23yo)
5. Delist - Luke McGuane (25yo)
6. Delist - Daniel Connors (23yo)
7. Trade - Mitch Morton (GWS 2nd Round Pick/3rd Round)
8. Delist - Shane Tuck (31yo)
9. Trade - Daniel Jackson (26yo 2nd Round Pick)
10. Delist - Ben Nason (23yo)
11. Delist - Angus Graham (25yo)
12. Delist - Tom Hislop (24yo)
13. Delist - Troy Taylor (Just gotta get fair dinkum)

13 departures.

I'd keep Tuck for one more year. Surprisingly our midfield hasn't had many injuries. With some bad luck we could have had Martin do a hammy and Cotchin get suspended and all of a sudden Tuck becomes our best midfielder. Needs to stay.

Wouldn't bother with this Miller experiment any longer. I'd give Post a decent crack, it should have happened this year, but it hasn't so we keep Post for another year before making a call on him. Plus Griffiths hopefully will be fit for a full year in 2012.

Trengove replaces Graham as the ruckman on the list.
Would also scout the globe for a good state league ruckman under 25.

The rest are all pretty straight forward.

Nason, Connors and Farmer as 23 yo will probably survive. Connors the most likely as Nason and Farmer aren't AFL standard and Connors teases that he may be, but has gone walk about.

Taylor, have always defended the kid cause of his talent and potential but would rather delist him and pick up Mitch Thorpe. Would gaurentee someone who wants to play the game and give a decent crack, and may be a better player.

Nothing has changed.

Even if some of these guys are contracted surely GWS would take all of them for pick 80+.
Go Tigers!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
Only just caught up with the edited posts. LMAO @ editing " p.i.s.s"

pee

edit: haha. bring back staff
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:49:29 PM by JT »

the claw

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2011, 08:24:40 PM »
imo its not just about poor performers but about balancing out the list.i think first and foremost the players most in the gun are those types we have an abundance of.
an example is say medium defenders. we have connors, dea, deledio, conca, jakobi, batchelor, orielly, and newman.

jakobi is a first yr rookie and has to be safe. deledio  conca and batchelor are also safe. a lack of experience in the entire team would suggest newman is safe,but a factor is his age personally id move him out of defense into another role. that would leave connors orielly and dea in the gun. imo 2 of these types are superfluous to needs.personally i would keep dea.  connors, has had how many yrs 5. hes  not really established himself and has many pulling their hair out. if possible id give orielly another season but age and his background sort of work against him even though hes an experiment.

so connors is one up for trade delist imo.if we do get rid of him we do not have to invest in a medium defender we can target another area of structure with his replacement.

an area we are really low on numbers in is small defenders.we certainly dont have a lock down small defender. we have just farmer and webberley if we delist them we must look for their replacements well at least one replacement anyway. fortunately  we can replace the small defender with a medium sized defender this is the way most clubs have gone anyway.to me both farmer and webberley are players and types we can cover for.

another area we are deficient in is medium forwards we have two genuine medium forwards morton and macdonald and i dont have high hopes for either.but there is a case to keep both atm  the lack of this type says so. surely we will target this type at the draft.

anyway i think people get what im saying list balance age performance contracts all determine who we delist and who we actually draft.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »
Newman needs to play in F50.