Author Topic: Ben Holland suing RFC and Clinton Casey for half a million  (Read 19294 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Ben Holland suing RFC and Clinton Casey for half a million
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2008, 04:56:14 PM »
If it was verbal lie
If anything was on paper, then show the proof of the actual payment going through, otherwise say they backed out of the agreement after discussing with whoever it was 'Vlad' ?

Somehow think Dutchovens has broken some type of unwritten law on keeping ur gob shut.

Hope the prik gets stiched up ... and after all isn't he also guilty of fraud in the same instance  ???
Also being a fraudulant footballer - does that count and can we counter sue  :rollin

Ramps

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
AFL has the right to do a salary cap investigation, if they find that we had agreements with Holland that took us over the cap we are rooted.

Richmond has 1 strategy and that is

1) fight in the courts and delay everything
2) try and get everything past November of this year so there is no draft penaltys this year
3) trade every single player over the age of 25 thats worth anything

Why

because if the AFL finds us guilty they will take picks, and the penalties will be harsh.

DELAY DELAY DELAY & then
TRADE TRADE TRADE

If we are gonna get done, we may as well stock up with 12 kids in the draft to get us past the next 2 years.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2008, 05:40:58 PM »
According to SEN the latest is from Holland's lawyer and former manager:

Holland is willing to negogiate with the club and Casey

He first contacted the club in 2004

He issued the writ in October 2007 so has a year to act on it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2008, 06:14:57 PM »
Sorry for being cynical but what a nice little retirement nestegg for someone in their final year of AFL  :whistle.

Maybe the club should countersue for only receiving 1 good year in return out of 8 while on our list lol.

The biggest shock for me is the Crows were willing to pay him $1.3m over 3 years :o.

Let's not forget Freo at the same time this was going on offered Gas $700k per year to go home despite them knowing it would take them well over the salary cap. I didn't see them lose any draft picks for that  ::).

What a disaster that post 2001 offseason was  :banghead. We could have had Sugar in a direct swap for Holland instead of trading out of the top 10 and giving up Torney as well the following year plus being forced to pay part of Dutchy's salary at Melbourne  :scream.

Don't apologise MT I'm with you and I fully concur and to make it all the more galling is that Holland did his knee in the rd 4 game against Freo and did not return till 2003.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »

Its disingenuous to say you voted for the current board. You voted for Casey and Miller, ....

Haha! The old "I'm bitter so you're stupid" argument.  ;D  ;) The board election was more than 3 years ago. You need to get over it.

Casey got the 3rd highest number of votes, so more hands will be going up than not. Mine's up.

I took my vote seriously and considered my options. I considered what I thought was best for my club on the information and profiles available. That ended up being the whole Casey ticket and I'm comfortable with it.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »
Ben Holland IMV was a good player for Richmond
if it wasn't for him doing his knee badly he would be still at the club today
he was the one being moved all over the ground trying to patch up our problems when the chips were down cause more highly paid players wern't pulling there weight
he served well going forward & kicking goals, had good hands, he defended the best he could
Backline / Forward line some players get ticked off  & you cant blame them for losing faith in the club & some of his teammates
l would back Ben Holland any day as a footballer  :thumbsup he was built like a freakin racehorse & his a top bloke
shoot me down for saying this but his getting shafted at Melbourne & should have walked away from that club a few years ago but he couldnot get back in the door at Tigerland & as a supporter l would have let him back in

let the bullets fly  :(
Duck TM lol

I sum up Dutchy's career at Richmond as us pinching him from the grasp of a dying Fitzroy in 96 (IIRC Fitzroy draft him in 94 but he didn't come over). An inconsistent forward for 5 years before being switched to CHB in 2001 where he did have a very good year. Started 2002 slowly then did his knee in R4 and was way too slow when he came back in 2003 so he was offloaded. One good year in 8 so I wasn't sad to see him traded for pick 20. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2008, 07:48:29 PM »
Look I think that theres alot of hearsay at the moment, but I have just been listening to radio and they had interview with Andy Demetriou who was AFL Football Operations manager at the time and at the time he had a meeting with us and holland and Richmond were unable to go past there 800,000 offer on Holland. He (Demetriou) believed that when the parties left his office, everything had been dealth with. If this is the case and Holland got his $800+ then we have little room to manouvre if the club have paid extra monies or agreed to property deals on top.

Id suggest that RFC needs to be looking at every single such deal the club "may have had" and see if we were close to salary caps in any particular years where that may have been the case.

Richmond needs to delay any outcome past November and Richmond needs to offload senior players at the end of the season en masse in order to bring in as many youngsters as possible to cover for possible penalties down the track from the AFL if they find us Guilty.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: AFL launches Tigers probe (Adel. Addy)
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2008, 07:52:47 PM »
Ridiculous.

Surely the AFL cant act until the Court hands down its decision.  That could severly prejudice the case on either side if the AFLs investigation is called before the supreme court.  

Stay the eff out if it for now AA.

:scream  :-\
Dutchy's lawyer was his manager at the time so conflict of interests isn't obviously a concern in this case  :-\.

Tigermonk

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2008, 08:04:41 PM »
everyone is intitled to their opinion of Dutchy but l liked him
if anyone ripped me off on a contract,  l would be taking them to court also as would anybody who is promised a contract.
this is there living its a sport but thats there income its like going to work for nothing
Dont balme Dutchy for whats happening,  he was offered to leave but RFC insisted he stay & be loyal
They offered him something they couldnot afford & have defaulted
now RFC & the supporters will suffer for a greedy buisnessman & his sidekick for bad trading which we all are used too
Nothing seems to change at Richmond & after the AFL go through the club looking at everything, the ghosts are going to come out to haunt us  "shaky hands on pub taps"  :shh
from what l was told the AFL will make a example out of us & have instructed a full investigation on the club

l fear the worst  :'( :'( :'(  :help

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
Dont balme Dutchy for whats happening, 

He lodged the Supreme Court writ TMonk - so as the person who has gone to the courts I think he can take some blame. No one forced him.... he's made that choice

Just as an aside: I wonder if the writ will be withdrawn because of the publicity? They said he has 12 months to decide to do anything ....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2008, 08:17:03 PM »
Id suggest that RFC needs to be looking at every single such deal the club "may have had" and see if we were close to salary caps in any particular years where that may have been the case.
How retrospective should this be though. What if a player from the late 90s came out and claimed he was owed a Nissan which was outside the cap. I'm no legal wizz but I was under the impression certain civil claims have a 6 year limit. Hmmm submitting a writ in Oct 2007 would be right on the end of that 6 years.

Like I said it is very suss for a player in his final year of footy to finally start chasing money. Surely if any monies/contra were outstanding he would have known about it the day he was traded instead of waiting till 5 years later.  

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
For those of you who didn't vote for him, why didn't you tell us your concerns at the time?
Smug pricks lol

I voted for the Casey ticket.

As WP said in words to the effect, it was a no brainer at the time and they've done a pretty good job in turning the finances of the club around.

Nothing smug about it, it was because I wasn't a member of  this forum at the time.  I can, if you're interested, post you the links to another forum and you will get the gist very quickly of my opinion and passionate level of my belief at the time.  I felt we had no alternative but the alternative, and I think that one of the saving graces of the new board that eventually won the election was that it was not entirely made up of the Casey 'yes' men that had run the show for the proceeding 5 years - Casey went recruiting in an effort to shore up his position and there was some new blood voted on.  As I said earlier, I didn't believe the new board had what it takes and I have been proven wrong fortunately.  I have no problem admitting that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 08:48:06 PM by smokey_58au »

Ramps

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »
Danny Frawley can help save this situation if he says that Holland was only ever offered the right to purchase propertys at market rates rather than being given them free or at discounts. If Casey only guaranteed Holland access to property that is as a developer you have 50 blocks and you have 250 buyers then 200 buyers miss out- if the only thing he guaranteed him was a guarantee of ability to purchase we will be ok. We could claim that if Holland didnt buy property or they havent increased in value then thats the risk you take in investment, the same goes for shares.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2008, 08:43:20 PM »
have no hesitation in saying I voted for the Casey ticket as the alternative was... well it wasn't a credible alternative IMV

BTW The current board is the Casey ticket minus Casey ;D and they have done a great job in the last couple of years ... dare I say it ....FACT  :rollin

Its a fact when there is a premiership cup in the cupboard. Not wooden spoons.

Its disingenuous to say you voted for the current board. You voted for Casey and Miller, both of whom are entirely discredited

Come on MT, put your hand up
Like WP I don't sway away from voting for the Casey ticket. Seriously the Big 4 ticket challenge or whatever it was called was a joke. They wanted to take us back to 1999  :help. I'm comfortable with my choice given the stability, long-term planning including improved and more facilities, and sound financial progress which hadn't existed at Punt Rd for 25 years prior to 2005. Sure this improved off-field position hasn't transferred to on-field yet but it was always going to be a long-haul going down the youth path from where we were.

And I did vote for the entire board. Although there were two 9 person tickets, we all could vote for individual candidates. 8 of those 9 are still there and Penny Haines >>> Casey. There's been no challenges (anyone would be silly challenging a $1 million profit).

Those who voted for the other ticket should also put their hand up for supporting Schwab and co who were also on the board along with Casey when these idiotic decisions were made.
But to be fair MT, you need to put the whole thing in perspective.  Its not correct to say that financial progress hadn't existed for 25 years - in fact the previous Daphne administration had put the club back on a very sound financial footing after a long period of mismanagement and decline but this position of strength was decimated by the spending excesses of the Casey team.  Casey came to power on a promise of dynamic change, highlighting Daphne's shortcomings in producing success on the field and yet history shows that Daphne's era was more successful, both on and off field.  Yes, I acknowledge that Schwab and the others that resigned were guilty of being a part of the Casey bungling but at least they had the fortitude to stand up and say this is no good.  By forcing the election they dismantled Casey's power base and from that moment we started to turn things around.

Tigermonk

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2008, 08:53:57 PM »
How retrospective should this be though. What if a player from the late 90s came out and claimed he was owed a Nissan which was outside the cap. I'm no legal wizz but I was under the impression certain civil claims have a 6 year limit. Hmmm submitting a writ in Oct 2007 would be right on the end of that 6 years.

Like I said it is very suss for a player in his final year of footy to finally start chasing money. Surely if any monies/contra were outstanding he would have known about it the day he was traded instead of waiting till 5 years later.  

if your owed money by someone after taking them to court & they refuse to pay it or have no money, you can continue to take them to the court register for upto 15 years which l did to this unclever prick.   l just let the interest mount up at 12% on 5k while he thought he got away with it & goes on with life
found out & proved his working & found out his got a house in his name now & a nice Honda car  ;D so my solictor slapped him with a bankrupt notice  ;D just to show him not to eff with me & that l'm his prick of misery  :lol :lol  :thumbsup
l find out the result next week it should be fun

Then l got another one who thinks his clever & going to try the same thing l got news for him
l'm also trying to get the law changed so that every car on the road in Victoria must be insured to be allowed to be driven on the road
l will fight hard to have this law brought in just like in the UK if your car is not insured it gets crushed  :lol  ;D wish me luck