Author Topic: 2017 Grand Final: Richmond vs Adelaide @ the M.C.G., Sat. Sept. 30  (Read 49974 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: 2017 Grand Final: Richmond vs Adelaide @ the M.C.G., Sat. Sept. 30
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2017, 12:40:42 PM »
Some absolute garbage in the media today

Grant Thomas stated that this is the worst group of premiership players he's ever seen

and some stufstuffnuckle croweater journo Jai something had a massive crack at us in the heraldsun

Caracella and Balmey.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2017, 12:58:49 PM »
I am almost as disbelieving of our whole finals performance as I am of the premiership.

We smashed all our opponents.

dwaino

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »

Grant Thomas stated that this is the worst group of premiership players he's ever seen

and some stufstuffnuckle croweater journo Jai something had a massive crack at us in the heraldsun

Norf and Dees on BF melting hard. Many Hawks and Cats posters have our backs. poo clubs can't handle being confirmed poo with Richmond beating them to a flag.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2017, 01:13:38 PM »

Norf and Dees on BF melting hard. Many Hawks and Cats posters have our backs. poo clubs can't handle being confirmed poo with Richmond beating them to a flag.
Any links. I might enjoy going through them while I watch the replays.

:gotigers

dwaino

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »

Any links. I might enjoy going through them while I watch the replays.

Just browse the main board there, or here is a classic off the north board. Some sane posters but there is plenty of gold sprinkled in there like Ziebell and Tarrant equal to Dusty and Rance and their players after their top 5 are better than ours etc

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/is-there-any-reason-we-cant-be-the-2018-premiers.1178755/

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2017, 01:59:19 PM »
Cheers Dwaino! I'll get stuck in later today.

Gents, as I sit here with the Prelim replay on in front of me typing this, I still haven't been able to accept we've won it. I don't think I've ever wanted to experience anything more in my whole life (pretty pathetic huh?) and to finally just be able to soak it in is other worldly. One person should never be allowed to be this happy.

All those years growing up, friends scoffing and chuckling at me while they got to watch their teams play finals and win premierships and I was left to console myself with "next year". Even when I was a younger guy people just give you the "Richmond?" question with some patronising comment about how we're just miles off it (and we kinda were). To say that I was there and I saw us win one and no one can take that away from me is just.... well... its heaven.

I do want to shout out to all the OER posters here. We're all difference creeds, generations, cultures, political views, locus groups (remember the Rose Colours vs the Pessimistics?). But, what a ride. I love sharing the Richmond journey with other tigers and that's why we're all here. We're a special and unique people. Our relationship with our football club is like no other group of fans. Being a Richmond supporter shapes you're identity. I think others look on and admire it, but also keep their distance. Its torturous, but the high's make it absolutely worthwhile!

What a ride guys! A weird feeling of exhilaration, disbelief, satisfaction and happyness are engulfing me. And weirdly enough, a strong sense of hunger. I want this again, I want it so much.

GO TIGERS!

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2017, 02:25:42 PM »
As you all know I have been away from this forum for the last year or so. In fact I haven't been on any forums at all, but I have been
an avid reader of OER. I thank you guys during that time because, I noticed from time to time people would ask if I was actually someone
on the forum, which I wasn't or if anyone knew what I was up to health wise, thanks especially to our esteemed doctor on here y&bb.

I suppose I'll get this out of the way, when I was here last I was struggling with kidney disease, last September, my kidneys reached the
point of no return and I started dialysis on September 10. Its been a pretty heavy ride but I'm still here and I'm glad I am as I got to see
another Richmond flag. Yesterday was simply brilliant. I suppose footy teaches us a lot, in many ways, during the last 12 months,
it was the tigers who kept me going during dialysis, 3 days a week, 5 hours a day with the needles, there's plenty of time to read and
see games on television or listen in on radio. I also lost my mum a few months ago, she passed away from kidney disease as well. So its
been a difficult time, but the Tigers winning has been a great joy.

I noted Claw seemed to struggle with us winning. All I can say is that people should enjoy winning, whether we like coaches, presidents,
or players or even if we don't like some aspects of the club, winning is more joyful, a happier existence. I am not going to return to forums a lot, if the likes of MT etc let me keep this account, I will post from time to time but not often, I have learnt to live without them to be honest, but they also provide some good interaction between people.

So to all you guys who stuck with us, who purchased memberships, who shouted your lungs out, who rattled the tins all those years ago
enjoy it now, congratulations to everyone, the footy club is in good hands, and its on its way. I can see Benny Gale announcing 100,000
members in about a year from now. Richmond is once again an Australian sporting powerhouse. Well done to all, and especially
those players who did our club proud yesterday and before and the coach and his assistants.

Cheers
Ramps

dwaino

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2017, 02:26:54 PM »
Some oppo supporters saying we're insufferable already but they made us with all their 9th, microwave, richmondy, Richard Tambling, worse than Fitzroy etc crap. They reap what they sow. Sucked in.

dwaino

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2017, 02:28:21 PM »
Ramps!!!!

Enjoy it mate.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »
Brilliant post Ramps. Wishing you good health.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2017, 02:37:15 PM »
All the best, Ramps!!

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
An encore of the Grand Final is starting on Ch 7 now  :thumbsup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2017, 02:43:39 PM »
Ramps,

The 2017 post of the year, from the heart to touch our hearts

You are welcome here anytime, always have been, always will be.

The account is yours and yours to do what you want when you want.

Sorry to hear about your Mum and your health battles. Keep fighting along

Take care and enjoy this time, it is so very very special
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2017, 03:05:50 PM »
I am not going to return to forums a lot, if the likes of MT etc let me keep this account, I will post from time to time but not often, I have learnt to live without them to be honest, but they also provide some good interaction between people.
As WP said, you're welcome here anytime, Ramps. Good to hear from you, mate  :). What a brilliant post  :clapping  :thumbsup.

Real life puts things including footy and forums into perspective.

Sorry to hear about your Mum  :(. Losing your Mum/Dad hurts like bloody hell. Condolences to yourself and the rest of your family.

Take care of yourself, Ramps, and best wishes health wise. Enjoy everything about us winning the flag. We've all waited a loooooonnnnng time to see one  :cheers.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2017, 03:15:12 PM »
Good to see Ramps back again.

I will say one thing about the win that I didn't see coming. I thought I would get smashed but I didn't. Three before the game, two at half time and two during the last quarter. The pubs were that packed that it made it hard to go hard. But I am glad of this as I can savour the moment in some clarity.

Tonight I will get smashed and celebrate it though.🍺🍺