Author Topic: Liam Baker [merged]  (Read 80252 times)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Liam Baker [merged]
« Reply #555 on: May 01, 2024, 04:35:02 PM »
If Baker wants to go, send him hiking . Wgaf .

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #556 on: May 01, 2024, 06:22:31 PM »
Thank god some of you aren’t doing trade week  ;D.
Seriously, we have 2-3 clubs who want him, all have top 10 picks in this years draft.
Admittedly, Freo really need to finish in that 7-12 zone to encourage them to do something stupid but they have West who HAVE to be seen as doing something.
He is a huge pick up as an on field leader - both WA clubs and Crows screaming out for this quality.

These factors lift his currency beyond just what he offers as a player. If we can’t get something inside top 10 as a minimum and probably more then we just aren’t doing our job.

Trades are rarely just about the players playing worth.

100%. Couldnt agree more.

Look at Schultz, honestly who would you prefer? Take bias out of the picture i know who i'm picking at this stage.

he went for around pick 10.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #557 on: May 01, 2024, 09:27:53 PM »
Thank god some of you aren’t doing trade week  ;D.
Seriously, we have 2-3 clubs who want him, all have top 10 picks in this years draft.
Admittedly, Freo really need to finish in that 7-12 zone to encourage them to do something stupid but they have West who HAVE to be seen as doing something.
He is a huge pick up as an on field leader - both WA clubs and Crows screaming out for this quality.

These factors lift his currency beyond just what he offers as a player. If we can’t get something inside top 10 as a minimum and probably more then we just aren’t doing our job.

Trades are rarely just about the players playing worth.

I don't think WCE have to be seen to be doing something. In fact id say Simpson will be gone at seasons end. The only reason he survived this year was the hit to the soft cap that would have entailed if they sacked him.

Rebuilds don't happen over night and from what i hear the Weagles are prepared to do the hard yards. Us have we even started our rebuild yet? Seems a lot of denial going around here.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #558 on: Yesterday at 12:19:40 AM »
Richmond would be likely to receive a draft pick in the second half of the first round for Liam Baker as the club's odds of retaining their vice-captain.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/price-revealed-for-liam-baker-as-tigers-brace-to-lose-vicecaptain-amid-interest-from-wa-clubs/news-story/e775225586a134a2b381387394a588aa

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #559 on: Yesterday at 10:24:20 AM »
Richmond would be likely to receive a draft pick in the second half of the first round for Liam Baker as the club's odds of retaining their vice-captain.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/price-revealed-for-liam-baker-as-tigers-brace-to-lose-vicecaptain-amid-interest-from-wa-clubs/news-story/e775225586a134a2b381387394a588aa

I'm speechless at the lack of understanding by this headline, I don't subscribe to this rubbish but assuming it's just click bait.

The compensation for Baker or anyone is always based on 3 factors, length of contract offered, money offered and where the team they leave finishes.

Think Ben McKay, absolute donkey footballer in comparison to some FA names that have gone before like Franklin, Lynch etc.

Baker gets 5+ years at WA clubs who will fight for his signature bumping up his contract $, I'd be blown away if we didn't get a 1st round pick. Which if we finish 3rd, it would be Pick 4.
Go Tigers!

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #560 on: Yesterday at 11:21:11 AM »

I'm speechless at the lack of understanding by this headline, I don't subscribe to this rubbish but assuming it's just click bait.

The compensation for Baker or anyone is always based on 3 factors, length of contract offered, money offered and where the team they leave finishes.

Think Ben McKay, absolute donkey footballer in comparison to some FA names that have gone before like Franklin, Lynch etc.

Baker gets 5+ years at WA clubs who will fight for his signature bumping up his contract $, I'd be blown away if we didn't get a 1st round pick. Which if we finish 3rd, it would be Pick 4.

Baker isn’t a free agent, so it’ll have to be a trade.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #561 on: Yesterday at 11:32:18 AM »

Baker isn’t a free agent, so it’ll have to be a trade.

My understanding is that he is out of contract and will be a restricted free agency which where compensation comes? Have I missed something where he is contracted for next year?
Go Tigers!

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #562 on: Yesterday at 11:34:44 AM »
You definitely missed something

Free agency list going into the season as follows

RICHMOND

Jack Graham
Dylan Grimes
Dustin Martin
Kamdyn McIntosh
Toby Nankervis
Dion Prestia
Ben Miller*
Sam Naismith*

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: Yesterday at 04:51:24 PM »
Hawks got dudded with Franklin. 9 year deal worth 10 million and all they got was pick 19.

By comparison when Lynch left GCS they got pick 3 as compensation.Thats the AFL for ya. So so many disgruntled supporters on just about everything to do with the game.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #564 on: Yesterday at 05:36:58 PM »
You definitely missed something

Free agency list going into the season as follows

RICHMOND

Jack Graham
Dylan Grimes
Dustin Martin
Kamdyn McIntosh
Toby Nankervis
Dion Prestia
Ben Miller*
Sam Naismith*

Wouldn't be the first time I've missed something lol. So he's contracted?

That makes this discussion even worse lol. Baker won't be going anywhere unless we get overs for his worth. Otherwise club will let him go unrestricted FA and no doubt a contract with a bidding war will get us in the 1st round.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #565 on: Yesterday at 05:41:15 PM »
Hawks got dudded with Franklin. 9 year deal worth 10 million and all they got was pick 19.

By comparison when Lynch left GCS they got pick 3 as compensation.Thats the AFL for ya. So so many disgruntled supporters on just about everything to do with the game.

The did get dudded but also think compo is weak as. Clubs need to be accountable to get their players signed. There will be a time where compo won't exist.
L
Go Tigers!