Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 165251 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardly reliable sources but Carey and Watson on Talking Footy were saying according to the "people they've spoken to" Dusty won't be making a decision until the end of the year. Carey added he knows clubs that are offering Dusty more than Richmond and he thinks Dusty will do a Dangerfield.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/talkingfooty/status/846283236384751616
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:11:32 AM by one-eyed »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Would be typical  Richmond like to lose the best player we have had for 40 years, whilst keeping a bunch of duds off and off the field.

He is worth over 800 every day at Richmond and if they can't see that well I hope he leaves.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I want Dusty to stay just as much as anyone....but

Adelaide with Danger in 2015 - 13 wins
Adelaide without Danger in 2016 - 16 wins

Just saying ...
Unleash the tornado

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Would be typical  Richmond like to lose the best player we have had for 40 years, whilst keeping a bunch of duds off and off the field.

He is worth over 800 every day at Richmond and if they can't see that well I hope he leaves.
They know he is worth more than that. They won't go and offer what they are willing to pay him straight up.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Does anyone have that gif of George clicking his fi gets and saying "It's a negotiation Jerry" when he stuffed up the deal with NBC?
That'll be Dan with Benny
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
We are in a win win situation with this.  If he stays he stays.  Great. 
If he goes there is 2 more first rounders in a very strong draft.  My son is playing TAC CUP at the moment and there are some absolute guns in the top 15 or 20 plus Naish outside of those 4 would be incredible. 
Almost worth calling his bluff. 

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Wtf is Carey talking about ? Dangerfield went home regardless of money.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Carey added he knows clubs that are offering Dusty more than Richmond and he thinks Dusty will do a Dangerfield.

They are contradicting statements aren't they? Danger didn't leave for more money

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Riewoldt ‘confident’ on Dusty’s future (Foxsports)
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2017, 02:50:36 AM »
Riewoldt ‘confident’ on Dusty’s future

Anna Harrington,
FOX SPORTS
March 29, 2017

TIGERS star Jack Riewoldt says he’s “confident” gun midfielder Dustin Martin will sign on with Richmond.

Martin is out of contract at the end of the season and is a restricted free agent.

But Riewoldt said he expected to see his teammate in yellow and black for years to come, despite the midfielder putting contract talks on hold.

“I certainly think it’s (the contract speculation) certainly not going to affect Dustin and the way he plays,” Riewoldt said on Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“I’m confident that Dustin will stay.

“I’m confident he’s going to play some excellent footy for us this year and that the club’s going in the right direction and that he’ll see that as well.

“I’m uncomfortable talking about money because I have nothing to do with Dustin’s contract and I feel uncomfortable talking about other people’s finances.”

Melbourne’s Jordan Lewis said there should be less pressure on Martin to re-sign before the end of the season.

“Any player should have the right to see out his contract then renegotiate,” Lewis said.

“I don’t understand why they have to sign before then. It’s a player’s right, he’s contracted until the end of the year.”

Martin delivered a star performance against the Blues first-up, booting four goals while dominating through the midfield.

But Riewoldt said he was happiest to see the selfless side of his teammate.

“The one thing that I’m extremely proud of with Dusty, is his ability to bring his teammates into the game,” he said.

“I’ve got no doubt that he knew that it was Dan Butler’s first goal when he could’ve run into an open goal and kicked the goal himself. He went out of his way to give Dan the ball.

“My greatest memory of Dustin through his career is I watched him pick his teammates up off the ground 21 times in one corner.

“It just shows the player he is, he is a genuine star of the competition but ... the little things and the things that make him a great teammate, are never lost on him.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jack-riewoldt-says-hes-confident-inform-dustin-martin-will-sign-on-again-at-richmond/news-story/f52c6f348c6a8e9872b9ffbfbdf49569

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Give me a tinfoil hat and call me smasha, but I'm finding it all a bit "interesting" how many in the media are suddenly talking up Martin's value ,with comments even naming his price as north of seven figures - now, I could be wrong but this seems unprecedented and I can't immediately recall them doing the same -i.e, flat out stating they're worth a million plus- regardng other high profile out of contract players such as Dangerfield, Franklin , GAJ, Judd etc...and I certainly haven't heard them saying it with regards to Fyfe who is in the same situation as Martin right now and based on career achievement should easilt be worth as much if not more than Martin.

Could it be that it's because of the club he plays for or are they doing the biddng of his notably dodgy manager?  :shh :whistle
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Give me a tinfoil hat and call me smasha, but I'm finding it all a bit "interesting" how many in the media are suddenly talking up Martin's value ,with comments even naming his price as north of seven figures - now, I could be wrong but this seems unprecedented and I can't immediately recall them doing the same -i.e, flat out stating they're worth a million plus- regardng other high profile out of contract players such as Dangerfield, Franklin , GAJ, Judd etc...and I certainly haven't heard them saying it with regards to Fyfe who is in the same situation as Martin right now and based on career achievement should easilt be worth as much if not more than Martin.

Could it be that it's because of the club he plays for or are they doing the biddng of his notably dodgy manager?  :shh :whistle

reports in the media on Fyfe are that Freo most likely to go to $1m a season for Fyfe and for any Victorian club to be in the market they would need to stump up around $1.4million a season

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
A contented Dusty as a Tiger post-match (including shiner).

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/847409342273867780

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not from a good source tbh but hearing there COULD (only slight chance) be something worse going on than just a shiner. Very very sore lad who might have to get it further assessed...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Broken cheek bone is the word.......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Was a dirty hit behind play from what I saw?