Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 165251 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"A reliable source telling us that Dusty has or is very close to signing on with the club. Expected to be announced within the next week."

https://twitter.com/themightytigers/status/862186518361669633

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Well if nothing else at least we now know what "potsclub" looks like and that his name is Dwayne....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Well if nothing else at least we now know what "potsclub" looks like and that his name is Dwayne....
Hopefully when fellow tiger supporters see me, we can have a good yarn a beer. Especially you Dio, few disagreements but that's the beauty of opinion.
Should stay on topic but, the disagreement on membership, the newborn was a member straight away lol and I thought of you!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Media has been relatively quiet regarding Dustys contract- Im assuming its a sign he's not leaving tigerland.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hopefully when fellow tiger supporters see me, we can have a good yarn a beer. Especially you Dio, few disagreements but that's the beauty of opinion.
Should stay on topic but, the disagreement on membership, the newborn was a member straight away lol and I thought of you!

I'm glad you learnt your lesson...I'll assume you named the lad after me....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Jake Niall said on AFL Tonight that North Hobart are going after Martin & Kelly and reckon they can get both.....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin contract, Josh Kelly contract, North Melbourne trade period plan to sign Tiger and Giant to $1 million per year deals

May 12, 2017
Jake Niall@jakeniall
FOX SPORTS

While North has made a nine-year offer of close to $9 million to Kelly, the Kangaroos are also among the bidders for Martin, who is a restricted free agent and whose management has suggested that contract talks would be on hold until the end of the season.

Normally a club would not be in a position to make simultaneous bids for players who would likely command around $1 million per season, but the Kangaroos — as a result of the sudden loss of veterans and with a number of other older players exiting soon — have the scope to land both Kelly and a player such as Martin.

Richmond remains confident of securing Martin, having already offered him a significant five-year deal that could potentially be revised upwards from the $800,000-plus per year it has put to his management.

While clubs bid for various players recognising that they might only land one, North knew it could not proceed with a pursuit of the Richmond star without having enough room to fit both Martin and Kelly.

North’s chances of securing Kelly, who is weighing up his future, are considered far better than its prospects of persuading Martin to leave Punt Road for Arden Street.

Kelly, as a Victorian, would be moving home if he left Greater Western Sydney and his father Phil played for North in the 1980s.

Martin has been happy with Richmond and in the unlikely event that he moved, the industry view is that it would be almost entirely a financial decision.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/north-melbourne-believes-it-has-space-to-sign-josh-kelly-dustin-martin-on-1-million-per-year-deals/news-story/5d993acd1557452c3f1dab896eae3834

tony_montana

:lol  lolnorf

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
For Mason Wood and their first round pick? :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
If he wants to leave, I'd do that in a heartbeat..
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
If he wants to leave, I'd do that in a heartbeat..
Yuk

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
wonder what dusty is thinking now after another reminder of how this club will never win a flag in his lifetime as a footballer?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
wonder what dusty is thinking now after another reminder of how this club will never win a flag in his lifetime as a footballer?
Says a die-hard supporter of the very same club ...     :wallywink
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Says a former die-hard supporter of the very same club ...     :wallywink

efa knob jockey :gotigers

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.