Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 165272 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
So good :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dusty's interview with Eddie and Sam:

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/903206980453408768

"It's a massive relief to be honest, I'm sick of people talking about it" - Dusty opens up after re-signing with Richmond.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
They also had Dusty's dad Shane on over in NZ:

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/903208344864694273

"Love you son, and I'm very proud" - An emotional Shane Martin has spoken of how proud he is of his son Dustin. #9AFLFootyShow

Then Ralph Carr who said Dusty was going last Wednesday until he went over to NZ and sat down with is dad to discuss everything with all the facts on the table. They all agreed that Richmond was the best place for Dusty to be.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/903208351999201280

Last but not least ...... a very happy and relieved Dimma

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/903209700140843009

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Left at the altar

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Then Ralph Carr who said Dusty was going last Wednesday until he went over to NZ and sat down with is dad to discuss everything with all the facts on the table. They all agreed that Richmond was the best place for Dusty to be.

Good old Ralphy

Admited that a week ago Dusty was goneskis

Then went on to say "Richmond was the best place for US to be"  :chuck
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Dusty's interview with Eddie and Sam:

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/903206980453408768

"It's a massive relief to be honest, I'm sick of people talking about it" - Dusty opens up after re-signing with Richmond.

I thought Dusty spoke very well.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Banned from big footy I'm so devastated
My god north are a joke
Can't wait until we play them next year".....

As premiers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Footy Show Dustin Martin interview: Richmond deal, who is Dustin Martin’s manager, Ralph Carr, Dustin Martin father Shane Martin

Al Paton and Mick Randall,
Herald Sun
31 August 2017

DUSTIN Martin’s manager Ralph Carr has revealed the Richmond star had initially decided to leave the club for North Melbourne, before loyalty prevailed.

Appearing on The Footy Show tonight, Martin said he had wrestled the decision for months.

Carr, who has driven a hard bargain with his star disciple, said Martin was out the door at Punt Rd at one point.

“This time last week he was going — well, that was the talk,” Carr said.

“But you know, I mean, once we weighed everything up and really talked it through in New Zealand and looked at it correctly and Dustin looked at everything, we realised that Richmond was where we wanted to be.

“Dusty gave up over $2 million to stay.”

Martin said he met with North Melbourne coach Brad Scott and the Kangaroos leadership group “a couple of times” — and that driving to the meetings “I felt like I was cheating on my girlfriend”.

“I certainly thought about it (the Kangaroos’ offer),” he said.

“It was a stressful year ... I was wrestling with myself.”

Martin said he decided to accept Richmond’s $8 million contract offer while in New Zealand early this week.

Dustin Martin describes why he refused the money

“We flew over to see Dad, got a hotel room, bunked up in there and just put it all out on the table and had lengthy conversations and spoke about what I wanted and what would be best for my future. Within an hour or two we had a decision.

“There were plenty of conversations but in the end Richmond’s home to me.

“The Richmond Football Club has been great to me and we’re on an incredible journey together, and I’ve just got such great relationships at that football club.

“This is my dream. Hopefully we can win the flag.”

Martin said Richmond’s army of supporters played a role in his decision.

“After I kicked a goal (last weekend) they were going crazy and I just thought, ‘How good is this?’.”

He paid tribute to Carr, saying “if I didn’t have him I’d probably p--- it all up against the wall”.

Martin’s father Shane said the family environment at Richmond helped make up his son’s mind.

“He’s a very humble, shy kid. The Richmond Football Club’s been amazing for him, especially Trent Cotchin. I can’t thank him enough.”

Martin Sr said he was hopeful a High Court decision next week would allow him to return to Australia to watch his son play for the Tigers.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said the news was “Christmas come early,”

“It’s very exciting for our footy club, great news for Dustin and more importantly it’s outstanding news for our fans.

“It’s every players’ right to look at free agency ... it’s really testament to the guy he is to give up $2 million to stay with his mates and the club that he loves. We just hope we can repay him by playing good football in September.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/dustin-martin-appears-on-the-footy-show-to-talk-tiger-deal-manager-ralph-carr-and-father-shane-martin-give-their-takes/news-story/7eb571ad243b35e02a155f295c0ccd4e

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019

Good old Ralphy

That bloke looks like he's in love with his own shadow. Haven't ever heard a manager before state how much money they actually turned down to stay at a club.

I also again realised why I haven't watched the footy show for many years.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
stuffn ralph Carr is a big poofta poo talking dog.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame

Good old Ralphy

"Us" talk about ride the on the coat tails of someone.
The Merkin is a piece of work.

Looking forward to $hai Boltons contract renewal.

At least he got DM some coin for his old mans high court costs.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Carr has no choice but to play the line that Dusty was going to leave as it's his justification for the circus we witnessed. Plenty of ducks and drake's but ultimately you have a player who I believe wanted to stay where he was from day one.

Just Dusty's character convinced me that he wouldn't want to go through the settling in period with a new club, would have been quite a traumatic exercise for him rather than just getting on with business with the Tigers.

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
They also had Dusty's dad Shane on over in NZ:

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/903208344864694273

"Love you son, and I'm very proud" - An emotional Shane Martin has spoken of how proud he is of his son Dustin. #9AFLFootyShow

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/903208351999201280

Last but not least ...... a very happy and relieved Dimma

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/903209700140843009
cook the man some eggs.....