Author Topic: Teenage schoolgirl on facebook vs St Kilda stars  (Read 102415 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Teenage schoolgirl on facebook vs St Kilda stars
« Reply #540 on: March 09, 2011, 07:09:32 AM »
Caro in today's Age has had a go at Richmond over this  ???

------------------------------------------------------------

It also threatened player agents attempting to poach Nixon clients. And it warned Nixon clients to sit tight. Now it has extended David Galbally's investigation for another week. Its players are, one by one, moving to ignore that advice and are now openly talking to other agents. The AFLPA's legal fears have proved to be what we suspected close to a fortnight ago - ill-founded, impractical and politically disastrous for both the union and the AFL.

The AFL took six days to make any statement worth reporting about Nixon, St Kilda has said nothing and the Bulldogs and Richmond and all the clubs with strong Nixon links have all chosen to remain silent. No club wants to be the first to take a stand. All have advised their players to wait but even the players have resisted that, including Geelong's Mitch Brown and Carlton's Lachie Henderson, who could no longer allow Nixon to manage them. Brett Ratten will clearly use another manager, which ever way Carlton chooses to jump over its coaching position.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rehab-wont-save-nixons-business-20110308-1bmlm.html

I actually agree with her.

It seems speaks volumes to me of the AFL "culture" that only 1 club (and from across the border I might add) has made any comment on this "agent". It is also pathetic that only 1 player (a "no name") from Geelong has had the guts to give this filth the flick. As for the AFLPA - they are more spineless than the AFL. Either one should have stood him down immediately when this all started

And BTW the facts are we have a large number of players (present & past) represented by this scumbag and we as a club and they have made no comment on this.

Sad thing is in Stupid Ricky's deluded world "no comment by his players" seems to mean to Ricky that his clients are fully in support of him.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: March 09, 2011, 08:41:40 AM »
Agree in principle with you WP, but the problem is this;

Generally in the eyes of the law people are still innocent until proven guilty, regardless of who and what the circumstances are.

If clubs were to make a stand and he lost a large number of clients, yet ultimately was not found guilty, basically his business and livelihood would still be ruined. This may then leave clubs open for legal action.

Despite efforts to undermine it with things like the terrorist legislation, we still have the premise of innocence until guilt is proven.

...besides, that old hag would not have any idea what the club has been saying to players being managed by nixon behind closed doors.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #542 on: March 09, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »

Generally in the eyes of the law people are still innocent until proven guilty, regardless of who and what the circumstances are.

If clubs were to make a stand and he lost a large number of clients, yet ultimately was not found guilty, basically his business and livelihood would still be ruined. This may then leave clubs open for legal action.

Despite efforts to undermine it with things like the terrorist legislation, we still have the premise of innocence until guilt is proven.

...besides, that old hag would not have any idea what the club has been saying to players being managed by nixon behind closed doors.

Understand your point al and legally I agree of the presumption innocent until proven guilty

But morally/ethically it just doesn't sit well with me.

Stupidity on the part of Stupid Ricky is a good enough reason for him to lose his business to be honest. I actually think his reputation is so badly damaged by his own actions that I reckon (like Caro  :P) his business is doomed anyway

I also understand what you say about what the club and players handling things behind closed doors but again it just doesn't sit well with me.

We've had the AFLPA do nothing expect this week decide the whole sorry saga can drag on a nother week. Too gutless or just trying to be politically correct or both

We've had the AFL & Andy D do or say nothing until a week after the story broke. And then Andy D gets offended because the female directors of AFL clubs question how the AFL has handled things ...what the....

We've had no Melb based clubs say a word...we've only had Adelaide have the courage to come out and say something and it wasn't ranting and raving just a simple statement about how stupid and morally wrong the actions of this scumbag were in going to the girls hotel room and how they are working with their players managed by said scumbag to help them if they wish to find new managers ....

Actually come to think of it I would think that's what the AFLPA job is about rather than warning players they can't change managers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: March 09, 2011, 09:40:49 AM »

He may be a scumbag but Nixon definitely deserves to be presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Especially given the history of this young woman's web of lies & manipulation.
If after the investigation he's found to have done the wrong thing then I fully expect players and coaches to drop him and Flying Start faster than a hot potato and it will be deserved but I can't blame them for not doing so on the back of what has been put out there to date.

« Reply #544 on: March 09, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »

I have to wonder what the female staff at Flying Start are thinking at the moment.

No winners in this case.

:(

jackstar is back again

« Reply #545 on: March 09, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »
Most of the female staff have left.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #546 on: March 09, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
and the culture in the AFL isnt good either

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #547 on: March 09, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »

The AFL took six days to make any statement worth reporting about Nixon, St Kilda has said nothing and the Bulldogs and Richmond and all the clubs with strong Nixon links have all chosen to remain silent. No club wants to be the first to take a stand.
I wonder what constitutes "worth reporting" to Caro?  ???
Does this mean the AFL made a statement/s earlier?

She should have mentioned every club with "strong Nixon links" or none.

The clubs probably shouldn't say anything individually. That should be left to the AFL as their representative, and the AFLPA should comment for all the players as their representative.

The possibilty of ruining livelihoods, a litigious society, political correctness, opportunistic journalism, stupidity, deceit and lies, sex, cloak and dagger goings on,........compelling stuff to follow but it's no wonder statements are not flowing and are careful and reserved at this stage.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #548 on: March 09, 2011, 11:54:46 AM »
Especially given the history of this young woman's web of lies & manipulation.

I am no fan of the "School girl" but I would think that there isn't much doubt the bloke in the video is Nixon..

It also isn't in dispute he went to her hotel and I don't think they were playing monopoly.... Now he is playing the "I've got issues and substance abuse problem" please give me a break he's morally bankrupt .... end of story

I would think that we've been included in the strong links category because we have one of the hottest properties in the Comp who's represented by this sleaze = Jack Riewoldt as well as one of the best young talents in the country = Duston Martin

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #549 on: March 09, 2011, 12:01:50 PM »

I would think that we've been included in the strong links category because we have one of the hottest properties in the Comp who's represented by this sleaze = Jack Riewoldt as well as one of the best young talents in the country = Duston Martin
Yeah, I realise that and that J Riewoldt has been one of only a few Nixon clients constantly named throughout the whole saga.
I still don't see why she should name Richmond because Jack plays there and not some other club because a lesser known player there is a Nixon client.
Slimy journalism. It gives the impression that Richmond are somehow complicit just because their player has a higher profile.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:06:28 PM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ox

« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2011, 12:13:28 PM »

He may be a scumbag but Nixon definitely deserves to be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

get back under your rock.ffs!

U idiot

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: March 09, 2011, 04:10:59 PM »
I am no fan of the "School girl" but I would think that there isn't much doubt the bloke in the video is Nixon..

Yes we thought those photos she posted online were of her pregnant too. ::)
Yes it's obvious that Nixon is in those videos(especially the one in his jocks) but what's the context of them? Was it her hotel room? Did she video him?
Remember this girl has lied about being the taker of such images before.
If it comes down to a he said she said then I'm sorry but her cred is non existent.
Anyways it will hopefully come out in the investigation and if he's found guilty of strepping outside the boundaries of acceptable player agent behaviour then he deserves everything he gets. Otherwise people should get on with it.

get back under your rock.ffs!

U idiot

Lol Ox. :-*

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2011, 04:33:23 PM »
Remember this girl has lied about being the taker of such images before.
If it comes down to a he said she said then I'm sorry but her cred is non existent.

I wouldn't take the cred of that powder hoovering, albino golliwog over anyone.

At least the girl had a motive for her mistakes.

Nixon is just a wrinkled cock.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: March 09, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
At least the girl had a motive for her mistakes.

Yes like she did the first time. :shh

Like I said the investigation will tell us more. Come what may.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #554 on: March 09, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »

Come what may.

Isn't that what started all of this?
 ;D