Author Topic: Crazy John Ilhan dead  (Read 6981 times)

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
Crazy John Ilhan dead
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:33:19 PM »
Has apparently died of a heart attack. Check the news sites for info.

Sad news.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22634211-661,00.html

Moi

Re: Crazy John Ilhan dead
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:45:59 PM »
Hope Richmond is in his will.
RIP Crazy!

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:46:58 PM »
I recently read a memo that he sent to his workers, I don't think they will be grieving too much.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:48:57 PM »
They're talking about it on SEN now.

He was only 42. RIP  :(.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:52:15 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 12:53:24 PM »
Hope Richmond is in his will.
RIP Crazy!

I guess whether we are or not might show what his future intentions of whether he was always going to be all talk or actually do something at this club to match the talk.

But R.I.P. Crazy John, you were a good businessman, no doubt about that.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 02:53:44 PM »
The Richmond Football Club expressed its sympathies.

"John was a passionate supporter and member of the club," said Richmond chief executive Steven Wright.

"He was a regular attendee at our games and functions and was always willing to assist his beloved Tigers in whatever way he could.

"His devotion to the yellow and black cause extended to a valuable sponsorship through his company Crazy John's.

"John's enthusiasm and energy around the club will be sadly missed by us all.

"On behalf of the club's directors, players, coaches, officials, staff, and all Tiger supporters, we extend our deepest sympathy to John's family, friends and the staff at Crazy John's."

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,23636,22634358-462,00.html?from=mostpop

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 03:26:56 PM »
A very sad day indeed.

My better half met John 2 months ago at MSAC as she is involved with  the South Dragons NBL team of whom Crazy Johns is a major sponsor.

She came home and told me about a very engaging half hour chat she had with him and found him quite a unique and driven man, who had an amazing passion for life, his family and of course his work.

There were subtle hints as well about his future plans to become involved with the RFC, which will never come to fruition now.

I extend my condolences to his family and loved ones.

PS.To all those detractors of John on our forum a few months back, please remember  Life is Short!

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 03:57:24 PM »
did he leave us in his will, RFC could do with some cash. RIP anyway.

Moi

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 04:34:44 PM »
PS.To all those detractors of John on our forum a few months back, please remember  Life is Short!
Surely we're entitled to our opinion!
At least we said things while he was alive rather than the Chasers who wait till their dead!
Never knew the man, didn't care to meet him.
Feel sorry for those who were his friends, his family, those who will genuinely miss him.
Not going to trash the guy, because I didn't know him but when it comes to the RFC and his association with it, as a paid up member, I'm entitled to voice any concerns in relation to the club.  And we did, so what!  So get off your high horse.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 06:44:36 PM »
Feel sorry for those who were his friends, his family, those who will genuinely miss him.
Yep. Especially feel sorry for his 4 kids (one just 8-months old apparently)  :(.

He was a master at generating publicity for him and his business which is what made him such a successful businessman.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 06:49:23 PM »
Surely we're entitled to our opinion!
At least we said things while he was alive rather than the Chasers who wait till their dead!
Never knew the man, didn't care to meet him.
Not going to trash the guy, because I didn't know him but when it comes to the RFC and his association with it, as a paid up member, I'm entitled to voice any concerns in relation to the club.  And we did, so what!  So get off your high horse.

dont worry moi, i will trash him for u.

i dont really give a toss that he is dead and dies. more important ppl have died  and no one has given a poo about.

so what , just because because he is dead now, does not mean we have to feel sorry for him and pretend he was a nice guy.

crazy john was a w@nker and fos, he used the rfc for free publicity. smart move by him, but still a slimy dirty move.

ppl say terry is the oily salesman, well crazy john is teh mutha of all oily salesmen,

and btw, i never did and never will by a phone from crazy johns cos all their stores are fos

crazy john is dead, who cares, and dont worry , his family will get over his death asap as soon as they count the cash

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 07:02:21 PM »
If Crazy John cared about the Tiges as much as he said he would where was he in the recent slugging match between Carlton and Richmond when they were squabbling for Judd's services. If Crazy John had got involved the way Pratty did with his brown paper bags then Juddy may have been in black and yellow next year and not navy blue by giving Miller the backing to move heaven and earth to get him rather than the avenues we resorted to. That's where his love for Richmond would have been proven or reaffirmed depending on how you look at things and not using us every so often as a guise to promote his business interests.

Nevertheless RIP and despite the obvious financial advantages his family will inherit it is the kids who will miss their father and grow up without him that I feel for right now.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 01:18:06 AM »
Horrible for someone at that age with a young family to die 'just like that' really horrible ..

Are any of his kids male ? make sure you send round some tiger players Richmond so they know and grow up to be tigers like their old man. :thumbsup

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 07:54:51 AM »
The 8 month old is a boy.  Love him or hate him, it's sad to think this little boy will grow up not knowing his father.

Ramps

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 08:47:23 AM »
when the kid works out his share of the 300 million im sure he'll get over it.