Author Topic: Howat to be around in 2008?  (Read 750 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Howat to be around in 2008?
« on: October 23, 2007, 02:27:24 PM »
Royal on Howat....

Cam had an OK season but I think he’d be disappointed with the way it panned out. In his second year, elevated from the Rookie list, he probably needed to stand out a little bit more than what he’s done. However, like Angus Graham, he’s got a fantastic attitude, terrific work ethic and leads a lot of our runs in the pre-season so I’m pretty sure he’ll be determined to get himself a permanent spot on the list.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52716

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Howat to be around in 2008?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »
Does Brian Royal do anything apart from state the obvious?

Here's my review on 'Choco' Royal;
'has had a disappointing season as an assistant coach. spends too much time chewing gum and looking the part instead of actually coaching someone.Was a standout player when he was younger, but will be disappointed in himself after 2007, needed to stand out a bit more after unsuccessfully applying for senior positions, make or break year for Brian next year.'
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Bull

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:11:28 PM »
If the rules have been changed for rookies to allow them 3 years on the rookie list then i think he will be retained, otherwise he is finished.

He obviously showed last pre-season that his work ethic for training is good, it may help him stay around the club.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 06:31:25 PM »
He is a good trainer but the problem is he is so one-sided and plays wide. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »
Right now we need to delist a few to make way for the new draftees from both drafts. He is in the firing line that's for sure. I tend to think no he won't be around next year.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 11:15:06 PM »
I think if Howat was going he'd be gone now. Rookies are allowed 3 years and it looks like he is eligible for a 3rd year by 30 days.

Jake King turned 23 on March 26 this year and was eligible.
Cam turns 23 on January 30 next year, so if the qualification is 22 years old at January 1 he's ok.

Humm's birthday was 5/1/83 and he qualified in 2006 (thanks mt), so that points to the cut off date being January 1.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 11:59:07 PM »
Cheers for the info FF  :thumbsup.

Yep based on that Howat looks safe. Being only a rookie he doesn't alter the number of draft picks we have so someone else who is on our senior list will have to be dropped off it if we want to use our PSD pick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd