Author Topic: Coburg vs Werribee  (Read 13675 times)

Ramps

Re: Coburg vs Werribee
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2008, 01:56:13 PM »
I dont think i posted on this thread since page 2, and that post was calling for a Alex Rance debut. I understand everyone, I agree that the tank posts, sacking posts etc. belong on other threads.

blx

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »
As for the coach, I sat behind him and worked with him for 2 years, he has to go..

one can only fathom what it must of been like working with you  :shh

at least its good to see you've finally found the platform that more suits your level of talent.

being an internet hero for the masses from your own living room  :thumbsup

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
no surprise that you agree with that darth.

do me a favour and tell me how many clubs would stay with a coach when they haven't made the finals for 4 possibly 5 years.
i dont think there is a club in the afl now that would keep the coach till the end of his term.

you may believe the spin that comes out of TW's mouth but i dont.

its spin thats what it is and we should find a coach that will instill some toughness in the players. we are weak do you understand what that means and its his fault. our last 3 coaches have all been the same..weak!!!

thats what we dont need with our next coach

I personally don't believe the spin and can distinguish between hyperbole & trite (that's for you Jackstar)  :banghead.

I believe that true leadership is sometimes staring down reactionary's 70% through a plan and maintaining the course direction because there will be some roadbumps along the way.

Would you agree that the RFC is a club in a superior financial position and playing list position than were it was at the end of 2004 ?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »
WP i thought u had some footy nous maybe i was wrong
the reason is simple wallace wants to win as many games as possible much like Pagan in his final year.
do you think TW has got tanking on his mind when he knows he needs to get runs on the board and fast.

however a new coach, fresh ideas would want to jump on the tank train.

a new coach would enforce the tank against the dees or freo in round 21, wheras TW knows he must win those games to keep the wolves at bay.

Daniel - there are 2 distinct questions here, for me at least.

1/ Do we tank or do we try and win? - After 26 years of being nowhere, the thought of tanking doesn't work for me. What does that teach the kids we currently have. Are you telling me to tank for the remainder of the year is going to be good for the likes of a Cotchin, who is going to be an absolute gun  ??? A player by the way was recruited by the current football department, who everyone keeps telling me on this board supposedly doesn't have the vaguest clue about anything?

FACTS are rightly or wrongly that in the last 2 weeks we have played 6 of the crappiest quarters of football ever - you tell me that the first half against wasn't OK? The fact that it was OK made the 2nd half all the more disgraceful IMHO.

However, whether people want to admit it or not until the Sydney game, there had been improvement, the game plan and excution of it was showing some promise. That's not spin doctoring that's what the results showed.

2nd question is do we sack the coach: Again just my opinion but I don't think it will achieve anything but appease people in the short term.

And then my answer to the question is who do we replace him with? K Sheedy and his cronies - please give me a break :chuck

I don't believe in sacking coaches, never have, never will because sacking a coach only fills the cracks, plugs the holes - it is the easiest way out and gee it makes everyone feel a bit better for a little while. But what happens in 2 years, 3 years time and we are still here tapping away here frustrated because again we think nothing has changed

Again and this just IMHO there a few players that should go before the coach does but to do that I suppose it's all a bit difficult isn't it.

As I said it's just my opinion but I will give you one of these  :thumbsup Daniel because at least you have been super consistent in your dislike of Wallace

Tanking wont hurt the like of Cotchin.

Winning a game next to Edwards, White, Rance, Morton, McGaune types in the side is going to make Cotchin a hella of alot better than winning games next to the like of Bowden, Pettifer, Hyde, Tivendale, Howatt.

Con65

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2008, 06:07:35 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but who is Jackstar that worked behind wallace for 2 years?

Is his identity a known fact if so, does anyone care to share? 

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2008, 06:12:14 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but who is Jackstar that worked behind wallace for 2 years?

Jackstar is TW's gym bag come to life.

You'd be bitter as well spending two years being stuffed with Terry's smelly jocks and socks.

:thumbsup

blx

« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2008, 07:15:35 PM »

You'd be bitter as well spending two years being stuffed with Terry's smelly jocks and socks.

pretty close but he was actually Terry's exercise bike seat for two years  :whistle

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
I dont think i posted on this thread since page 2, and that post was calling for a Alex Rance debut. I understand everyone, I agree that the tank posts, sacking posts etc. belong on other threads.

Argh yes Coburg  ;D the original topic

Ramps, I thought Rance played a very good game indeed. Personally, I'd like to see him put a few games like Sunday together before he gets his chance. I think there are a couple of others who've played consistently over the last 3-4 weeks who dseserve the nod first (eg Polo and even Hughes).

The most exciting thing about rance was his pace- for a bloke of his size struth he is quick

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »

Ramps, I thought Rance played a very good game indeed. Personally, I'd like to see him put a few games like Sunday together before he gets his chance. I think there are a couple of others who've played consistently over the last 3-4 weeks who dseserve the nod first (eg Polo and even Hughes).

The most exciting thing about rance was his pace- for a bloke of his size struth he is quick

Time to play the kids.

Melbourne might be a good opp to play Rance, see what he can do. (esp with Thursty out)

Hell I'd play TW's gym bag just to mix it up a bit.

I just hope we drop Bowden, Tiv and Petts.

We might just start winning again

:gotigers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2008, 08:06:05 PM »
Time to play the kids.

Melbourne might be a good opp to play Rance, see what he can do. (esp with Thursty out)

I hear what your saying '65

Actually said to mate over the weekend I'd rather just play the kids.

But to be fair I reckon you have to reward the kids who've played consistently first and that's the likes of Polo, JON, Hughes, Collins, Connors
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

pretty close but he was actually Terry's exercise bike seat for two years  :whistle

Rumour of possible possum scats.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

Time to play the kids.

petts and tivs yes but bowden i dunno imo i really feel he has done his job.
the other 2 most definately but i have a lot of respect for Joel, a 2 time best and fairest player.

no way in this world has he been our worst player. i put about a dozen players ahead of him..

in saying that if it meant i will say rance anytime soon then goodbye.
thats what i used to love about sheeds. he used to promote a youngster when no one expected it.

i think its time for 2 debutants this week..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2008, 08:29:36 PM »

Rance does have good pace, but he isnt as quick as Dave Gourdis. He is lightening quick, very impressive. He will be very hard to beat on Grand Final day in the sprint!!!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2008, 08:33:04 PM »
Good to see we are not lacking pace in some of of our younger players waiting in the wings.
Rance Gourdis Connors Collard

Ramps

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »
Gourdis will come good to IMHO. Whether its as a Full Back or a Key Forward- or even as a tall WING playing a Richo role - Gourdis's athleticism should see him come through.