Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 903561 times)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #1380 on: February 16, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »
Dustin's tackling and kick are his strengths.How many times in history we've seen Richmond players gut run then shoot and it goes out of bounds.

Gigantor

« Reply #1381 on: February 16, 2013, 02:39:53 PM »
i would classify KB as a gut runner.he roved just about the whole game.
in the current Richmond team hmmm would nathan foley fall into this category/ probably yes...certainly trent cotchin is the outsatnding one for us,he goes and goes and goes

Ruanaidh

« Reply #1382 on: February 16, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
Interesting chat about a players motor.when I played some blokes no matter how much they trained and got themselves into superb fitness,just couldnt gut run,and to me gut running=motor.I would say the ability to gut run, to virtually throw up after a contest and to immediately go again is as much mental as it is physical.can you teach a player that? ..i have no idea
I saw a revelatory documentary recently on the BBC which indicated that we have a genetic endurance/fitness capacity bandwidth at birth that can't be altered no matter how hard we train. This bandwidth is very narrow. The upshot was that those at the lower end of the spectrum (motor-wise) required less work to reach their potential. The workout for a man in this group was an intensive 3x20sec workout three times a week....no more. All physiological  indicators showed that he had reached his optimum level of fitness after 1 month, but would have to tailor his sporting activities accordingly. This where Martin comes in. If he is in that group we need to 'get over' the fact that he will be a gut-running mid-fielder and be be happy to have a midfield impact player who plays predominately forward. I'm happy with that. By the way, I fall into this category as well and know from experience that additional training for me always meant sickness and injury.

I'm in that category too.
Found the Doc': http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cywtq

I apologise in advance if I slightly mis-quoted the exercise regime but I was operating from memory.

BTW Mosley was also responsible for the doc' based on the "Eat Stop Eat' program (which I follow):  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lxyzc

It has reduced my cholesterol and sugar levels where everything else failed. Weight was never an issue for me but if you want to lose some it will do that to. I lost 10% (9kg's)whilst gorging myself on the non-fasting days (5 per week).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:15:46 PM by Ruanaidh »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1383 on: February 16, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »
Dustin's tackling and kick are his strengths.How many times in history we've seen Richmond players gut run then shoot and it goes out of bounds.
dustin's tackling is one of his weaknesses, not strengths. more often than not he will tackle half hearted and be brushed aside. A bloke of his strength should not have this happen and it frustrates the poo out of me.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1384 on: February 16, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »
what is the pathetic baseless BS line you talk about, Cyclops?
"They are claims yet to be proven, but some believe they must be right."  ::)

(i) The "claims" (BS rumours) have been proven to be crap. The Club has said it asked the relevant authorities about them and were told they're untrue.
(ii) The "some" were loser trolls on twitter rehashing this same old crap using fake media accounts. 

Dusty and the Club shouldn't have to prove their innocence to gutter journos  ::)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1385 on: February 16, 2013, 07:16:39 PM »
I dont read it like that OE, particularly when you take the context of the article.

It pretty much bags the rumours and what they say in that statement is true, the rumours are not proven to be true, yet some people still believe it to be so.

perhaps the wording of that sentence could have been better, but i see that article as taking Martins side.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1386 on: February 17, 2013, 10:53:47 PM »
agree with al

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1387 on: February 23, 2013, 03:42:22 AM »
Dusty hasn't put a foot wrong in terms of attitude and workrate onfield so far in the 3 games we've played. Hopefully a sign he's on course for a big year  :pray and he will stick it up his critics.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1388 on: February 23, 2013, 04:49:53 AM »
DUSTY NOT RUSTY

Damien Hardwick was moved to dispel persistent rumours about his rough diamond Dustin Martin in the off-season. Richmond insisted Martin had worked harder than ever on the training track. The evidence in this first outing supported the Tigers' case. Martin started in the square and spent what appeared more of the game on the ball than forward. A couple of punishing kicks sliced Melbourne open.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/forward-yet-to-find-his-feet-20130222-2exim.html#ixzz2LeOvHoUm

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1389 on: March 02, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
God bless dusty.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1390 on: March 02, 2013, 06:29:47 PM »
Yes, just does the job, moved down back and thank god, this kid could become elite.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1391 on: March 02, 2013, 06:32:11 PM »
Resting Martin and Newy, not too concerned with this game.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1393 on: March 08, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »
Looks like he's trying to get away from him  :lol
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ox

« Reply #1394 on: March 08, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »
NRL Legs