Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 903299 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #6450 on: September 04, 2023, 10:33:37 PM »
Caro mentioning Swans may be keen on Dusty potentially

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6451 on: September 04, 2023, 10:36:18 PM »
what for pick 15 after academy picks/fa.

stfu Caro you old hag.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6452 on: September 04, 2023, 11:21:33 PM »
Ahhhh Gold Coast link proved to be nothing more than a lazy made up story on the basis of Dusty’s old coach being there so now they’re back to the much more credible link of him going to Sydney on the basis of the iron clad insider info that, checks notes, dusty likes the city of Sydney….

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6453 on: September 05, 2023, 12:22:12 AM »
1st pick & Amartey or McDonald thanks. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6454 on: September 05, 2023, 01:14:50 AM »
Caro mentioning Swans may be keen on Dusty potentially

WATCH SEGMENT HERE: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1698675503324975429

----------------------

It comes as Wilson expressed her worry towards the future of Richmond champion Dustin Martin at Punt Road, who may be considering a move in the off season after a mass exodus.

"I still in my heart believe and Richmond people at the club believe that he does want to play 300 games for Richmond and no one else," Wilson said.

"(But) he is a bit disenchanted at the moment, all his close mates have left, he's just farewelled Trent Cotchin, his major on field mentor and his other favourite Jack Riewoldt and he doesn't know who's going to be coaching him next year.

"He hasn't quite made up his mind. Other clubs still believe there is a conversation to be had and the Sydney Swans are one of them."

The AFL trade period begins on Monday October 8.

Source: Nine.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6455 on: September 05, 2023, 01:23:28 AM »
According to Tom Browne on 7news:

* Dusty is now "away". He has had his exit interview at Richmond and is now weighing up his future.

* The key to any Gold Coast offer is the AFL kicking in some ambassador money. Browne asked Gill about it. Gill responded by saying it's a "hypothetical" and he has no knowledge of any conversation personally. Gill then repeated that he has no knowledge of any approach.

Go to 0:32 min mark: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1698620505086161271

::)  :sleep.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6456 on: September 05, 2023, 06:48:45 AM »

That would be great, but Dio  do you have much confidence in us even getting something like that?

Look what we coughed up for hopper because it was Dimmas  new toys" that was going to give us  another flag  We were bent over, and now he is gone to new toys as our toys are crap.

Now we are forced to get back into the draft. Clubs know that we will be desperate, and will look to feed off that.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6457 on: September 05, 2023, 07:19:22 AM »

That would be great, but Dio  do you have much confidence in us even getting something like that?

Look what we coughed up for hopper because it was Dimmas  new toys" that was going to give us  another flag  We were bent over, and now he is gone to new toys as our toys are crap.

Now we are forced to get back into the draft. Clubs know that we will be desperate, and will look to feed off that.

If Lynch hadn't gone down I think we'd have finished higher, at least 7-10th. With academy selections that would see out pick from to 12-16ish easily.

We gambled and lost.

As for Dusty, nobody is paying a price that high, especially given his wage for 2024 and his age.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6458 on: September 05, 2023, 07:52:52 AM »

If Lynch hadn't gone down I think we'd have finished higher, at least 7-10th. With academy selections that would see out pick from to 12-16ish easily.

We gambled and lost.

As for Dusty, nobody is paying a price that high, especially given his wage for 2024 and his age.

gary ablett junior

Geelong gave up No.19 and a second-round selection in next year's NAB AFL Draft in exchange for Ablett, No.24 and Gold Coast's fourth-round selection next season.

The Cats received No.19 as compensation for Steven Motlop's move to Port Adelaide as a restricted free agent. :shh

Im not sure what this means in terms of points, but GAJ was cooked when he went to the cats and was 33 years of age.

Dusty is a first rounder any day of the week in his current form. FFS hopper was and who would you rather if you were the Swans having a shot at a flag on a small scg pitch?

A club may also offer a 3 year deal  :shh

That said i agree unless we fork out some of his wage which i wouldnt rule out given our latest blunders.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6459 on: September 05, 2023, 09:23:07 AM »

We gambled and lost.

gary ablett junior

Geelong gave up No.19 and a second-round selection in next year's NAB AFL Draft in exchange for Ablett, No.24 and Gold Coast's fourth-round selection next season.

The Cats received No.19 as compensation for Steven Motlop's move to Port Adelaide as a restricted free agent. :shh

Im not sure what this means in terms of points, but GAJ was cooked when he went to the cats and was 33 years of age.

Dusty is a first rounder any day of the week in his current form. FFS hopper was and who would you rather if you were the Swans having a shot at a flag on a small scg pitch?

A club may also offer a 3 year deal  :shh

That said i agree unless we fork out some of his wage which i wouldnt rule out given our latest blunders.

Was GAJ contracted? I can't remember.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6460 on: September 05, 2023, 10:28:27 AM »
So geelong gave up 5 spots pick 19 to 24 and a fourth rounder for Ablett. Thats effectively a 4th rounder.

Geelong in 2010 recieved a first round compensation pick and a second round compensation pick for 26 yo Ablett.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6461 on: September 05, 2023, 10:50:35 AM »
So geelong gave up 5 spots pick 19 to 24 and a fourth rounder for Ablett. Thats effectively a 4th rounder.

Geelong in 2010 recieved a first round compensation pick and a second round compensation pick for 26 yo Ablett.

yes they did, and also gave up a second rounder. so net loss was 4 spots and a second rounder but gained a 4th.

who knows what that works out to be in terms of points.

Andy, i think he walked out on the contract, but i am not 100%

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6462 on: September 05, 2023, 01:35:23 PM »
I believe Ablett had a sook, wanted to play on ball and not half back and give room for the young kids to develop in the midfield and threatened to quit on the spot if a trade to geelong couldn’t be facilitated

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6463 on: September 05, 2023, 01:51:49 PM »

yes they did, and also gave up a second rounder. so net loss was 4 spots and a second rounder but gained a 4th.

who knows what that works out to be in terms of points.

Andy, i think he walked out on the contract, but i am not 100%

Checked. Was contracted for the next year and said if they didn't trade him he would quit football entirely lol.

Anyway it all comes down to money and picks etc. Dusty isn't worth much IMO given his huge contract.

If GCS wanted to take him on for a reasonable pick but was willing to take his full contract that would allow us to offer a free agent some good money.

We owe Dusty nothing but I really hope he stays. Won't be much else to enjoy over the next couple of years I worry.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6464 on: September 05, 2023, 02:51:57 PM »
It's simple - he's contracted , give us what we want or he stays and you can get him when he's a year older and we don't have to cover his salary with the hope he doesn't get injured or slows down and maintains his desire to keep playing in the meantime.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.