Author Topic: Brownlow - 2015  (Read 18210 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Brownlow - 2015
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »
lol as did 18 other blokes.

if we take a skinny flanker who has not shown anything outstanding at junior level with out first pick will jackson be lauded for taking a punt to get the next fyfe, or bagged for taking another skinny flanker?

Surely fyfe must have shown something to go top 20

They get payed the big bucks to work out which ones the next Jon and fyfe
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2015, 12:50:07 PM »
Fyfe spoke with aplomb, passion and belief in his club. He showed an understanding of its structure.

When Cotchin talks about the RFC, it seems rehearsed and fake, as though he knows want he should be saying.

Big difference.

No finals success for RIchmond.
Caracella and Balmey.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »

if we take a skinny flanker who has not shown anything outstanding at junior level with out first pick will jackson be lauded for taking a punt to get the next fyfe, or bagged for taking another skinny flanker?

I guess, but I worked with a Yank who had heavy experience on the college system over there and he was totally flabbergasted how much crap recruiters get over here with regards to drafting 17 and 18 year olds. He was impressed at how often they're on the money. The US system accross all sports get it wrong come draft time way more than we do over here and the money for recruiters pales in comparison to how it functions over there.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2015, 01:44:22 PM »
Fyfe spoke with aplomb, passion and belief in his club. He showed an understanding of its structure.

When Cotchin talks about the RFC, it seems rehearsed and fake, as though he knows want he should be saying.

Big difference.

No finals success for RIchmond.

Not a lot of finals success for Freo , out in straight sets last year. Very lucky to beat a depleted Sydney this year. Bookends are gone and the human tree must be retiring soon too.

But Fyfe did speak very well - cant help but like him
Unleash the tornado

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2015, 03:00:43 PM »
Fyfe has admitted that, as a passionate Richmond supporter growing up, Fremantle was by far his least favourite team.

And when it came to the 2009 draft camp, he tried to slip under the Dockers’ radar. “I was actually a passionate Richmond supporter when I was younger and my least favourite team was the Dockers — I absolutely hated them,” he said earlier this year.

“This was to the extent that at the AFL draft camp, two weeks before the AFL draft, I was trying desperately to get in front of the Richmond recruiters, but they weren’t interested in me at all.

“Then I heard Freo was interested so I was trying to do everything possible so they wouldn’t pick me up.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/things-you-didnt-know-about-fremantle-docker-nathan-fyfe/story-fnii5smt-1227548470003

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2015, 03:22:19 PM »
 :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm  :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker :joker  :joker
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2015, 04:16:31 PM »
We could have had Pav as well

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2015, 06:17:07 PM »

yet not one single club's recruiting staff knew how good fyfe was going to be.

Go figure?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2015, 07:50:47 PM »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2015, 06:36:55 PM »
Round 1 vs Carl

3. Hunt
2. Ellis

McIntosh stiff

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
Fyfe has admitted that, as a passionate Richmond supporter growing up, Fremantle was by far his least favourite team.

And when it came to the 2009 draft camp, he tried to slip under the Dockers’ radar. “I was actually a passionate Richmond supporter when I was younger and my least favourite team was the Dockers — I absolutely hated them,” he said earlier this year.

“This was to the extent that at the AFL draft camp, two weeks before the AFL draft, I was trying desperately to get in front of the Richmond recruiters, but they weren’t interested in me at all.

“Then I heard Freo was interested so I was trying to do everything possible so they wouldn’t pick me up.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/things-you-didnt-know-about-fremantle-docker-nathan-fyfe/story-fnii5smt-1227548470003
A video highlights package would've got FJ all excited just make sure it's betamax, only the best for FJ :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2015, 09:26:49 PM »

yet not one single club's recruiting staff knew how good fyfe was going to be.

Go figure?

If only hed worn a tiger scarf, we'd have had to take under the Paddy Steinfort clause.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2015, 09:46:20 PM »
Hindsight has 20/20 vision.
Fyfe was much smaller back then.  Freo took him with their second choice, not first. Melbourne and Port ignored him 3 times each. 11 other clubs ignored him before his pick.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2015, 09:52:09 PM »
Fyfe was much smaller back then.  Freo took him with their second choice, not first. Melbourne and Port ignored him 3 times each. 11 other clubs ignored him before his pick.

That's what I said  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2015, 09:53:57 PM »

That's what I said  ;D
Oops! :-[
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.