Author Topic: Grand Final Day  (Read 4770 times)

froars

Grand Final Day
« on: September 22, 2004, 11:08:20 PM »
Anyone going to the game, or going to Punt Road for the on screen thingee followed by Barnesy I think?

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Grand Final Day
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 11:22:39 PM »
Is the GF this week? :o
Didn't know John Barnes could sing. (I already knew Jimmy couldn't. 8)) So Ian Campbell got his rock concert after all.

I might watch my back-to-back videos Saturday froars and look for you in the crowd on the 74 one.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

froars

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 11:29:41 PM »
I think Barnesy's playing.  I remember someone asking me to go down to Punt Road to have a look at the video on the day - and i thought, i don't think so.  But then they said Barnesy was playing - and i thought even better reason to stay away lol.
But Jackstar and I have this mutual friend who has a bit of a fatal attraction for Barnesy who has not missed a concert in Australia this year - i kid you not, will go every weekend interstate to see him - and she's a Richmond supporter.  Believe it or not, she's not going to be here in Melbourne that weekend lol.  ANd i think Joe Camilleri is on as well - but not sure, as i can't find any details.

What's your favourite GF Fish - mine would have to be 73 - had everything!  Luv watching Balmey go berserk lol

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »
Yeah, 73. Mostly because it was payback to Nicholls and Carlton. I actually felt sorry for Southby. He was probably the only Carlton player I liked and Balme sent him to bed early.
For sheer brilliance and totally overwhelming the opposition it's hard to go past 80. Was a non-event though because Geelong should have been our opponents. Still puzzled how the Skunks made it that far.

Speaking of the Skunks, one of my sons was at the Show today and spotted Big Ed with wife and ankle-biter. Noticed him because he was about to go on the Mad Mouse   -    in a suit. :) Nothing like going casual so you blend into the crowd.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

froars

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 11:45:45 PM »
I worked in the Tigers booth at the show once, and was working with one of Francis Bourke's girls.
We decided to go on the Ferris Wheel because that was about as much as i could manage - I whinged all the time and did she tell me what a woos i was lol.  Even Francis' girls are as tough as nails.
Ah Eddie, whatever happened to that Broadie boy hey!

Jackstar

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 07:23:37 AM »
Barnsey. well theres a good reason to stay away from punt road.Why dont they get that top band from the late 80,s early 90,s at punt road.? Just cant remember that name at present but I am sure one of the male posters will remember :lol ;) ;) ;) ;)

froars

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 11:09:23 PM »
Ain't this the quietest build up to a grand final ever?
Really can't get enthused.  But as one poster said on this forum and i can't remember who - as Brisbane and all these interstate teams are winning grand finals now, and not our traditional enemies, gives us time to rebuild and become the dominant numero ono Victorian (the only one that counts lol) team again.
Is the only solace i can get out of it.
I haven't been to a grand final in about 10 years, and even then was other clubs.  Actually they're good games to actually enjoy, because you're heart's not pumping and you can look a little more objectively. 
Best non-RFC i think was the '89 Geelong-Hawks - fantastic game.  And didn't mind the 1st Brissie-Collingwood one a couple of years ago.  Other than that i can't remember too many good ones of late.

Ox

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 01:24:39 AM »
Barnsey. well theres a good reason to stay away from punt road.Why dont they get that top band from the late 80,s early 90,s at punt road.? Just cant remember that name at present but I am sure one of the male posters will remember :lol ;) ;) ;) ;)

LMAOOOOOOO@Indecent Obsession playing at Punt Road to summarise the last 5 years.

Jackstar

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 09:15:58 AM »
wrong band try again

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 09:26:32 AM »
wrong band try again

is this some sort of competition? ;D Let me see....how bout....

Kids in the Kitchen ?

Moving Pictures ?

Real Life - you know the song "Send Me an Angel"

:rollin :rollin :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)