Author Topic: Age Poll: Will Terry Wallace be coaching Richmond in 2010?  (Read 14689 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Age Poll: Will Terry Wallace be coaching Richmond in 2010?
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2008, 01:07:39 AM »
bottom line is this.

3 spoons in 5 years is a disgrace i dont care what any of you say. train wreck train wreck that. who cares.

When did we win a 3rd spoon :gobdrop

We are not Carlton for crying out loud :rollin

2007 (Wallace) = 16th
2006 (wallace) = 9th
2005 (wallace) = 12th
2004 (Spud)    = 16th
2003 (spud)    = 13th

mate stop acting like harbijian when he got punter out for a minute and read what i wrote.
3 spoons in 3 years is exactly what i said. I know it wasnt ALL wallace all im saying that we as supporters deserve better than that.

i hope it doesnt happen but if it does its not on and u guys maybe be able to deal with medicrity but ive had enough. i want see this team the way it was in the early 80's
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:35:24 AM by daniel161 »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2008, 01:16:28 AM »
The Club at the end of 2004 thought there would be a chance of two finals windows - a short-term one 2008-9 containing our current senior players and a longer-lasting one (2011+). I think they realise now the first window was never going to happen (our senior players are too few and many not good enough or on the wrong side of their prime). The focus is now making sure the resources are there to develop a new core and a list with depth that is good enough to challenge from 2011 onwards. 

spot on mate. our current senior are no way near good enough to take this team anywhere thats why i personally cant wait for Lids or foley to take over as captain and we can see some real talent leading this group.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2008, 05:41:01 AM »
bottom line is this.

3 spoons in 5 years is a disgrace i dont care what any of you say. train wreck train wreck that. who cares.

When did we win a 3rd spoon :gobdrop

We are not Carlton for crying out loud :rollin

2007 (Wallace) = 16th
2006 (wallace) = 9th
2005 (wallace) = 12th
2004 (Spud)    = 16th
2003 (spud)    = 13th

mate stop acting like harbijian when he got punter out for a minute and read what i wrote.
3 spoons in 3 years is exactly what i said. I know it wasnt ALL wallace all im saying that we as supporters deserve better than that.

i hope it doesnt happen but if it does its not on and u guys maybe be able to deal with medicrity but ive had enough. i want see this team the way it was in the early 80's
Who knows what will happen this year. We may get super lucky with no injuries to key Tigers and overachieve for all we know. We haven't even played a practice match yet and we're already talking about spoons  ???. Even if we did win the spoon it would mean we'd get first crack at the best two kids in the country in a strong draft plus the best uncontracted player. The only way we can rebuild our list and bring the best talent into the club is via the draft. You can't go out and buy players like in the early 80's. That sent us broke anyway which is what got us into this 25 year long mess in the first place  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2008, 05:59:59 PM »

:o :-\

daniel161 - I read what you wrote and it was "3 spoons in 5 years".

The point is we have one 2 wooden spoons in the last 5 years, not 3. That's what I replied to and why asked when did we win the 3rd one? If you think we are going to win another one in 2008 ...well a tad bit early to say. :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2008, 06:11:38 PM »
I find supporters short sightedness and lack of faith disturbing. I'm not sure if Tw will prove to be our first premiership coach in over 27 years but I do believe he, with the backing of the administration, are doing everything in ther power to work towards a strong and successful side which will play regular finals and perhaps even challenge for the flag.

TW is the perfect coach for us at our current stage of development. If we didn't have a caoch who was as media-savy (read - a spin doctor) we would never have given him and the club enough time to do the hard yards and rebuild our list from the ground up. If he had been given a shorter contract the process would have also been derailed.

Regardless of what you think you know of the man, TW has put his reputuation on the line for our club and he has done what is best for our team rather than himself. Our list is full of potential and talent but they are all developing. Our older players are there now to offer education, protection and a semblance of repectability. They are not there to win us a premiership - that boat set sail and sank in the harbour years ago and every patch work repair we have made onto it hasn't given uncovered any further success since.

TW should be given the time to reap the rewards of the hard work he has done. If he lost his contract now the next coach would seem like a miracle worker when in reality it would be TW recruiting, coaching and long-term goal that will ensure our long term success.

Kingsley was insurance just as Howat and our other rookie ruckman (sorry his name eludes me at present). McMahon may prove to be a great addition to our structure providing run and beautiful deliver from the backline and most importantly freeing up Newman (preferable) or Bowden into the midfield.

Have faith and be patient. At the very least applaud TW and our administrators for attemting to rebuild and working together to achieve long-term success. How many Tiger boards have sacrificed coaches after a brief stint at the helm for not achieving immediate success in the past. We can't make the same mistake again or we will achieve the same result as they did - endless failure.

IMHO TW deserves to see out his contact...at the very least.

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2008, 07:50:38 PM »

:o :-\

daniel161 - I read what you wrote and it was "3 spoons in 5 years".

The point is we have one 2 wooden spoons in the last 5 years, not 3. That's what I replied to and why asked when did we win the 3rd one? If you think we are going to win another one in 2008 ...well a tad bit early to say. :thumbsup

no worries harbijian

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
Great post Stripes  :clapping

Quote from: Stripes
TW should be given the time to reap the rewards of the hard work he has done. If he lost his contract now the next coach would seem like a miracle worker when in reality it would be TW recruiting, coaching and long-term goal that will ensure our long term success.
Unfortunately the nature of being a senior coach. Bomber Thompson only just survived the knife before seeing the fruit of his labour. Most of the Eagles' premiership side were recruited under Ken Judge before Worsfold took over. Likewise at the Swans with Roos taking over from Eade. Even when Sheeds started at Essendon he inherited his first batch of baby bombers from Barry Davis.  

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009, 09:25:09 PM »
Well another thing Cousins has done is distract the media's attention away from Plough over the preseason and these will he or won't he coach polls.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2009, 02:59:11 AM »
For now..
Let's hope the positive ride we are on right now continues but Cousins or no Cousins, all the hype won't matter when the ball is bounced in rnd 1.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2009, 05:29:05 PM »
We had a quick chat with Plough after training and he basically said it's taken a while as we waited for the boys to develop but the hard yards have been done now and "it's now time to have some fun".

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2009, 07:06:59 PM »
We had a quick chat with Plough after training and he basically said it's taken a while as we waited for the boys to develop but the hard yards have been done now and "it's now time to have some fun".

Whooo Hooo! ;D
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2009, 09:23:12 PM »

Everyone, from the coach to the media, seem to be pumping up our list and chances. Very exciting on one hand but dangerous too.... :-\

Stripes

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 07:47:27 AM »
Well another thing Cousins has done is distract the media's attention away from Plough over the preseason and these will he or won't he coach polls.
Yup and kept Daniel off his back here too :lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2009, 08:52:52 AM »

Everyone, from the coach to the media, seem to be pumping up our list and chances. Very exciting on one hand but dangerous too.... :-\

Stripes

I just hope we're not a St Kilda or Collingwood, as in we make finals regularly but are miles off a flag.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ox

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »

Stripes

just wanted to tell u how stupid writing your name at the end of every post is!

[]())([]™