Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 334510 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Bachar Houli to become a Tiger (Australian)
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2010, 04:00:28 PM »

[/quote]

Send you a PM, discuss it? That might require 1965 to grow some balls. :shh

Oh, and it's good to see you again Wilbur B. Have you been at Beige lately?
[/quote]

Nah mate, I've been away.
Very rarely go on Y&B.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2010, 02:09:43 PM »
Yep, wouldn't think Houli would be coming to Richmond now.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »
Yep, wouldn't think Houli would be coming to Richmond now.

yep like TM said in an earlier post

DELETE THREAD
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Houli wants a chance from Hird (afl site)
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2010, 03:02:24 PM »
Sounds like Houli will stay at Essendon if Hird wants him.

Houli wants a chance from Hird
By Michael Rogers
2:46 PM Wed 29 Sep, 2010

UNCONTRACTED Essendon midfielder Bachar Houli hopes the appointment of James Hird as senior coach will give him the opportunity to prove his worth as an AFL player.

Houli struggled for senior games under former coach Matthew Knights in 2010, playing just five matches despite strong form at VFL level.

The 22-year-old has managed just 26 games in his four years at Windy Hill and he said he had become frustrated by the lack of opportunities.

"All I want as a player is an opportunity," he said in Sydney on Wednesday.

"I felt I was hard done by and I feel like I've got the support from a fair few players, if not the whole playing group, that I didn't get that opportunity that I deserved.

"It's hurt me a lot but there's a new coach now and more opportunities are going to open up. It's a new start for everyone.

"Hirdy's going to reassess the playing list in the next couple of days. I'm out of contract and whether he wants me there or not, time will tell."

Houli, whose first year at Essendon in 2007 coincided with Hird's farewell season, said he hoped to decide where his future lay by Friday after meeting with his new coach.

"I'm looking forward to seeing what [Hird] has got to say and whether he wants me and what he thinks of me as a player. It's very exciting but at the same time, very nerve-wracking," he said.

"My first preference would be to stay at Essendon because it's the type of club where you can build a friendship at, but football is like any other business at the end of the day. If it doesn't work for you at one club … there's always another opportunity somewhere else."

Despite his differences with Knights, Houli said he was surprised to hear of the former coach's sacking but he said Hird's appointment was a boon for all aspects of the club, from the playing group to sponsors and members.

"The best thing about it is that supporters and everyone around the football world are going to be very patient with James Hird because of his past, and because he's a legend of the club," Houli said.

"They're going to persist; even if he has one or two or even three bad years, they're going to persist with him.

"Obviously it's a tough ask and he's mentioned that it's a huge risk but James Hird is going to be a huge inclusion to the club from the players' perspective."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103405/default.aspx

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Houli wants a chance from Hird (afl site)
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2010, 05:33:29 PM »

"They're going to persist; even if he has one or two or even three bad years, they're going to persist with him.

3 bad years and they are going to persist with him?  Yeah, right Bachar, whatever you say.  Suggest you go hunting in your Koran for a part that talks about reality and study hard.   :wallywink

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2010, 06:06:47 PM »
He won't be going anywhere now, Hird has come out in support of Houli in his role as a commentator
Will be interesting to see how he turns out as a player with a coach who'll give him a decent shot at it
I reckon there may be a few muppets on here eating their words and will show that "can't get a spot in a crap team" just highlights how narrow minded a view that is

jackstar is back again

« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2010, 07:06:18 PM »
He won't be going anywhere now, Hird has come out in support of Houli in his role as a commentator
Will be interesting to see how he turns out as a player with a coach who'll give him a decent shot at it
I reckon there may be a few muppets on here eating their words and will show that "can't get a spot in a crap team" just highlights how narrow minded a view that is

Hird will fail as a coach.
Another Tim Watson

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2010, 08:34:20 PM »
Another Tim Watson

He's a lot smarter than Tim. I'll take the wait and see approach.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2010, 09:38:56 PM »

Another Tim Watson
I don't disagree, but he'll at least give Houli some decent game time to prove himself, unlike Knights who plays him for a week or two then drops him with about 6 other players so the team can never settle.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2010, 08:41:27 AM »

3 bad years and they are going to persist with him?  Yeah, right Bachar, whatever you say.  Suggest you go hunting in your Koran for a part that talks about reality and study hard.   :wallywink

Laycock has had 8 bad years....  :rollin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2010, 09:22:59 AM »

Another Tim Watson

It would appear that way wouldnt it

Tigermonk

« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »
l reckon Hird will be a fine coach, Knights would have been a fine coach if ex Essendon players were not in the ears of thier old teammates to try get Knights out

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »

Laycock has had 8 bad years....  :rollin
Laycock has been delisted
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2010, 12:34:52 PM »

Then I'm sure we will be linked to him in the next 24 hours - we have every other player in the competition.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: September 30, 2010, 01:38:34 PM »

Then I'm sure we will be linked to him in the next 24 hours - we have every other player in the competition.
Ha ! true and so have The Bulldogs
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos