Author Topic: Which Tiger tags Sidebottom?  (Read 2231 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Which Tiger tags Sidebottom?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 06:56:52 PM »
Started free as a bird defensive side of the square at a lot of centre bounces. Not tagging him is one thing but having no accountability for him is another. We rarely tag players and often the oppo teams best mid racks up the possessions against us but normally our pressure is so good that their 30+ possessions are inefficient and not damaging. When we played the pies in round 19 or whenever it was and their top 4 mids all had 30+ was an example of this, yesterday was an example of what happens when our pressure is off.
Yep they all had 30 plus and we won. But they also had 2 players down for a half of footy. Might want to think about that when you are accessing not tagging Sidebottom.
Even with hindsight you still find it hard to figure out that it was a mistake not to tag Sidebottom??

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 07:07:13 PM »
They played dumb footy too.

Collingwood was coming out of defence in front of me. Kamdyn was minding Sidebottom. Next minute he runs off him to try to cover the short pass to the pocket which he was never going to cut off. The Collingwood back then just spots up Sidebottom on his own and kicks it to him and he just runs off without pressure, Kamdyn chasing him without hope of catching him. Why he chose to leave Sidebottom in the first place is weird as the guy he went to was deep in the pocket and wasn't going to do anything dangerous as long as Sidebottom was covered.

Just very poor decision making which summed up our night to a tee.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 07:51:26 PM »
Yep, and when you watch a guy like Brandon Ellis, you know he's very smart with his positioning. Very bad decision making at selection and on game night :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 08:40:52 PM »
I think we were to arrogant last game him and Pendles got 38 possies each ,but butched the footy to think that was going to happen again to quality players is silly not to tag.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 11:00:21 PM »
Yep, and when you watch a guy like Brandon Ellis, you know he's noy very smart with his positioning and has very bad decision making :shh

e.f.a  :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 12:32:16 AM »
Started free as a bird defensive side of the square at a lot of centre bounces. Not tagging him is one thing but having no accountability for him is another. We rarely tag players and often the oppo teams best mid racks up the possessions against us but normally our pressure is so good that their 30+ possessions are inefficient and not damaging. When we played the pies in round 19 or whenever it was and their top 4 mids all had 30+ was an example of this, yesterday was an example of what happens when our pressure is off.
Yep they all had 30 plus and we won. But they also had 2 players down for a half of footy. Might want to think about that when you are accessing not tagging Sidebottom.
Even with hindsight you still find it hard to figure out that it was a mistake not to tag Sidebottom??

Hindsight is 20/20. Didn’t hear you complaining all season long when the oppo mids were dominating against us but we won anyway. I’d rather put the loss down to an absolute lack of pressure on the ball carier which allowed their disposals to actually be effective.