Author Topic: Coburg Tigers vs Frankston  (Read 3136 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg Tigers vs Frankston
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »
Sadly WP's socre is incorrect - they had taken the scores down by the time I came out of the rooms ;) and I sorted of tried to work backwards - me a  :wallywink

My humblest of apologies  :'( :'( :pray :help :thumbsup

They said at the post match JON's game was again excellent this week and Jack was outstanding at CHB.

Tiv's last quarter was terrific :thumbsup

JON played off the wing alot today and was good. Thought his skills in the rain were extremely good.

Danny Meyer started well but faded in the 2nd half
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »
Sadly WP's socre is incorrect - they had taken the scores down by the time I came out of the rooms ;) and I sorted of tried to work backwards - me a  :wallywink

My humblest of apologies  :'( :'( :pray :help :thumbsup

They said at the post match JON's game was again excellent this week and Jack was outstanding at CHB.

Tiv's last quarter was terrific :thumbsup

JON played off the wing alot today and was good. Thought his skills in the rain were extremely good.

Talk to the hand WP, don't wanna hear it after that cock up ;)  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

My reputation is officially in tatters  :help

;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 09:54:25 PM »
:'( :'( :'(

My reputation is officially in tatters  :help

;D

Don't worry I still love you WP  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 04:47:48 AM »
Is Connors okay? BF said he went off with an ankle at the start of the 3rd quarter, reappeared for 5mins towards the end of that quarter but then sat out the rest of the game.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 07:28:24 AM »

should be playing in the coburg seconds, delist him without a trade unless we can get meeson for him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2007, 02:26:21 AM »
Match Report Vs. Frankston
coburgtigers.com.au

Another cold winters day welcomed Coburg and Frankston to ABD Group Stadium (Coburg City Oval) on Sunday in what would turn out to be a hard fought win by the home team. Although the Burgers conceded the first four goals, they kept their cool and prevailed in a gutsy win. It was great to see a lot of the sponsors at the game and also a section of the past players, who enjoyed themselves well into the night.

1st Quarter
A mild breeze favoured the Leisure Centre end for the majority of the match, with Frankston kicking with the wind during the first term. The Dolphins sure made the most of it blitzing Coburg early kicking the first four goals in only fifteen minutes. A strong mark to Schulz followed by an accurate drop punt saw the Burgers with their first major on the board. An inaccurate Coburg could only manage one goal for the quarter, while Frankston booted five goals. Angus Graham was a good target around the ground during the first term and along with Andrew Horne, kept Coburg from falling even further behind.

¼ Time: Coburg 1.4 (10) Frankston 5.2 (32)

2nd Quarter
A great tackle from Nick Carnell saved a certain Dolphin goal early; and backline pressure from Luke McGuane, Jarrad Oakley Nicholls and Jarrod Silvester stopped further Frankston opportunities. Angus Graham continued where he left off and kicked the first goal of the term from 30m out. Jack Riewoldt played a different role for the Burgers starting at Centre Half Back, and held down the position very well. Conditions became a lot more difficult half way through the quarter as the rain bucketed down and created a lot more fumbles from both teams.

A fantastic tackle and handball from Brent Hartigan in the middle of the ground created Coburg’s third goal, followed by another to Jo Gazzo minutes later to put the Burgers within two points. Frankston goaled late to take a seven point lead into the main break.

½ Time: Coburg 4.7 (31) Frankston 6.2 (38)

3rd Quarter
Greg Tivendale grabbed the ball out of the ruck and snapped the first goal of the quarter, only to see Frankston reply quickly and kick the next three goals of the term. Various times throughout the 3rd quarter all 36 players were in Frankston’s half of the ground. This worked in Coburg’s favour as Tivendale bombed one from the middle and after many bounces rolled through for a crucial goal to the Tigers that put them within fifteen points at the last change. Nick Carnell was constantly at the bottom of the pack and won many hard ball gets, while Andrew Horne was un-passable in the backline.

¾ Time: Coburg 7.7 (49) Frankston 10.4 (64)

4th Quarter
A slight breeze still favoured the Leisure Centre end and the supporters got the feeling if the Burgers could kick a couple early they would be hard to stop. They were right!

At the ten minute mark Coburg hit the lead for the first time of the match, and it was clear they weren’t going to give it up. Tivendale kicked another two goals for the term and Riewoldt moved back forward and contributed his first for the game. A boisterous roar came from the stands on six occasions during the final quarter as the Burgers rammed home six goals to none to finish the game in Coburg style.

Greg Tivendale was dynamic in the second half with 18 possessions, four goals and many vital clearances. Jarrod Silvester was prominent at full back and ran of his opponent to collect many possessions all day. The conditions suited hard nut Nick Carnell who continuously had his head over the ball and created many opportunities for Coburg with hard tackles and brilliant second efforts. Andrew Horne was again solid down back and provided run out of defence, while Jack Riewoldt played the role of Centre Half Back as though he had been there all year.

Coburg keep 4th spot on the ladder and face North Ballarat next week on Saturday at Austar Arena.

Coburg 13.12 (90) Frankston 10.5 (65)

Goal Kickers
G. Tivendale 4, J. Schulz 2, N. Caruso 2, J. Gazzo 2, A. Graham, F. Caruso, J. Riewoldt

Best Players
N. Carnell, A. Horne, J. Riewoldt, G. Tivendale, A. Graham, J. Oakley-Nicholls

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=122347