Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 179633 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Grigg on 3aw @ 7.30pm
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2010, 07:38:47 PM »
Grigg was on 3aw just now......

* Spoke to Richmond straight after the season and they were pretty keen. Spoke to Hardwick and he was exceptional and pure quality.

* Grigg wanted more gametime and thought leaving was the best option.

* Played a little bit HB but mainly mid/wing. Found it tough early on but broke into the side. Spoke to other clubs and Dimma was great.

* Will be used mid/wing/HB/inside/outside - wherever the void is in the side and wherever Dimma wants me to play. Like to run and hopefully bring that to the table. Looking to improve in other areas as well.

* Looking in from the outside it looked like the Richmond boys really got around Dimma. Not comparing it to Carlton at all but it looked as though the boys really played for Dimma especially in the second half of the year.

* Nick Stevens when at Carlton spoke very highly of Hardwick.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Shaun Grigg to Richmond (Official) [merged]
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »
Here's the video of Jack interviewing Grigg at Punt Rd....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFfQTW_-Kiw

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Grigg on 3aw @ 7.30pm
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »
Grigg was on 3aw just now......

* Spoke to Richmond straight after the season and they were pretty keen. Spoke to Hardwick and he was exceptional and pure quality.

* Grigg wanted more gametime and thought leaving was the best option.

* Played a little bit HB but mainly mid/wing. Found it tough early on but broke into the side. Spoke to other clubs and Dimma was great.

* Will be used mid/wing/HB/inside/outside - wherever the void is in the side and wherever Dimma wants me to play. Like to run and hopefully bring that to the table. Looking to improve in other areas as well.

* Looking in from the outside it looked like the Richmond boys really got around Dimma. Not comparing it to Carlton at all but it looked as though the boys really played for Dimma especially in the second half of the year.

* Nick Stevens when at Carlton spoke very highly of Hardwick.

Didn't they try to ambush him with that?

Not an inspiring interview but I got a recording if anyone wants.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2010, 10:21:41 PM »
Looks like he could grow a mean mutton chop and victorian military moustache by the looks of that 5'oclock shadow.  He should cut loose and do it, give Mike 5 knuckle shuffle Sheahan and Bruce batty crease McAvaney something to really get excited about.  Buy himself a chopper and some red barron goggles and a WWI Kraut blood bucket to top the look off.

nice, sounds like you ya fat bastard. he's one of your boys now

get the feeling grigga's going to get on well with dusty

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2010, 11:14:37 PM »
 :o   ;D  :clapping

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2010, 07:43:05 AM »
haha nice work Gerk you forgot the goggles LOL
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2010, 07:55:53 AM »
wearing goggles in an interview would just be silly

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2010, 08:05:03 AM »
Yeah him and Dusty will be mates, can see em now looking into the middle distance with a beer in the hand grunting occasionally about common interests.  Good times.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Big tick for Grigg (RFC)
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
Big tick for Grigg
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
3:19 PM Tue 12 Oct, 2010

Former Port Adelaide and Carlton star midfielder, Nick Stevens, is convinced new Richmond recruit, Shaun Grigg, will be an excellent acquisition for the Tigers.

Grigg, a 190cm, 85kg, tough, hard-running midfielder, was traded to Richmond by Carlton during the AFL’s recently-completed exchange period.

“I really rate him.  As a young bloke coming through, I’ve never seen someone win contested ball as well as he does,” Stevens said.

Stevens, who played 231 games of AFL football all-up (127 with the Power from 1998-03 and 104 with the Blues from 2004-09), acted as a mentor for Grigg at Carlton and has closely followed his league career.

He believes the time was right for the 22-year-old to seek a new football home at Tigerland . . .

“Shaun’s form in the ‘twos’, in the first half of the year, was superb . . . I think he averaged more than 30 touches for about 12 weeks, but he just couldn’t get into the ‘ones’,” Stevens said.

“Then, when he finally did break into the Carlton side, his form was really good over the last six or seven weeks of the season.

“I just think he’s getting better and better and, if he has a good pre-season, he’ll be a great pick-up for Richmond.

“His versatility will be a real asset.  He’s spent a bit of time playing across half-back, he’s played wing, and he can also play forward.

“What a lot of people don’t realise is that he’s about the 6ft 2in mark.  So, he’s a good size, and can play tall as well as small.

“His work ethic around the footy club was just phenomenal for a kid.  He does everything right and is just one of those all-time great blokes.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/104077/default.aspx

TigerTimeII

« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »
there u go ox

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2010, 04:39:37 PM »
Good work  :thumbsup Hope he does become mates with Dusty and get on the same weights program as him as I see him developing into a midfield tank like Martin  :pray

Stripes

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2010, 04:56:26 PM »
Looks like he could grow a mean mutton chop and victorian military moustache by the looks of that 5'oclock shadow.  He should cut loose and do it, give Mike 5 knuckle shuffle Sheahan and Bruce batty crease McAvaney something to really get excited about.  Buy himself a chopper and some red barron goggles and a WWI Kraut blood bucket to top the look off.

nice, sounds like you ya fat bastard. he's one of your boys now

get the feeling grigga's going to get on well with dusty

ROFLMAOOOO! Excellent Werk Gerk! 

Hit me on the tit!! Love it Jack!! Also love the Julia Gillard style no notes approach to the interview. Look out Andy Meagher :lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2010, 05:16:42 PM »
On a Side note, Interesting to see that Grigg and Houli were both Rising star nominees in 2008 along with Cotch and Jack so we could end up with 4 rising star nominees from 2008 if Houli comes on board.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
I reckon they will grab Houli, he is part of a cunning plan....so cunning you put ears and a tail on it and call it a fox...

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »
Griggs Mrs "Sarah" = Sensational.
Go Tigers!